Author Topic: Early Access opens 13th December  (Read 10464 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Early Access opens 13th December
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:29:20 PM »
Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th 2011 at 7:00AM EST (12pm GMT), and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST (03.01 AM December 20th ). During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

So we all got this email.  Here's hoping we also all get in at the same time (or close to it :D).

Edit: Yes I know this has been shoutboxed.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Early Access opens 13th December
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »
hehe i just hope game uk get the game to me on time as it seems there wont be a grace period.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:10 PM »
hehe i just hope game uk get the game to me on time as it seems there wont be a grace period.

theyll post it on the 13 it seems (well other companies are) so a week to get to you
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 11:15:43 PM »
The Game officially launches on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game without completing the following required steps for launch:

1. Fill out your contact information
2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)
4. Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code

You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
I didn't get anything. :(
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
what the fuck is a 'grace period'?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »

Game Launches, people have ordered box, box doesnt arrive, developer gives x number of days free access after launch to allow people to receive box and get code and input code + setup subscription.  Thats a grace period.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:59:57 AM »
OOOO

Here's some good news - assuming all things being equal, and without any disasters occurring, we're planning on bringing up all the servers on which pre-imported guilds are being placed on Day One of Early Game Access.

From here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

So that at least reads to me that we get our servers before anyone else, and then as and when we log in we do whatever we have to get into our home :)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »

Game Launches, people have ordered box, box doesnt arrive, developer gives x number of days free access after launch to allow people to receive box and get code and input code + setup subscription.  Thats a grace period.

ah I see. I got the digi version, so that means I don't have to worry, doesnt it? I know they still have to send me a game code via email probably

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »
Yes you are good.

However you are also now in permanent servitude to EA ;)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:08:09 AM »
anyone who plays as much FIFA as me has been in permanent servitude to EA for a very long time, Jon.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:39 AM »
anyone who plays as much FIFA as me has been in permanent servitude to EA for a very long time, Jon.

Jon hes "one of them" how did he get in?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:48 AM »
I would have gotten the digital deluxe had it been on Steam. But I went with a boxed standard version.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 10:15:40 AM »
I agree unless its anything to do with consoles/console ports/making things easy as thats where the money is/encouraging retards to get online and making the rest of us deal with them

I found this in the 'Withdrawal' thread. I seem to have beaten Jon at 'getting into HoJ'  ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:45 AM »
Just spoken to my local GAME, and their head office.

As far as they're aware, they haven't been notified of the early access change. They still plan on making the game available to pre-orders on the 15/12/11. They did admit to receiving a number of calls about it so far though.

I've been told that if that changes, I'll get a text from their head office.

Also, the manager at my local GAME has only had two CE's delivered so far...