Author Topic: MUMBLE HoJ  (Read 6862 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
MUMBLE HoJ
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:30:47 PM »
This thread can be reached by directing people to: http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/mumble

1. DOWNLOAD MUMBLE

Go to >>> http://mumble.sourceforge.net/<<<

Click on the version that is appropriate for your OS.
For example: 'Windows: 1.2.3a (Stable)'. Get the latest stable version on that page.

You'll be taken to the download page and you will start downloading a file or be prompted to do so after a few seconds.

2. INSTALL MUMBLE

Do your thing.

3. SETUP MUMBLE

HOJ Mumble info:

Label:         HOJ
Address:     85.236.101.45
Port:           24337
Username:  your desired username (DO NOT USE SPACES)

4. RECOMMENDED

Be sure to go into settings and setup a push to talk key.
Also run the audio wizard to setup and test your mic

5. THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO HAVE A HEADSET, REALLY
Even if you don't have a mic, you can listen in to tactics. This helps A LOT. It is HIGHLY appreciated by your fellows.
And if you do not have a mic... well... what the fuck? Here are over 100 headsets under 10 quid with FREE shipping.

6. TROUBLESHOOTING MUMBLE

Sometimes people say they cannot connect to the HoJ server.
A - Check the Mumble server info for typos. Remove all server info and re-enter fresh.

B - Do NOT use SPACES in your nickname.

C - UPDATE YOUR MUMBLE TO THE LATEST VERSION. Very important.

D - Run Mumble as an administrator on your machine. People have reported that they cannot be heard ingame if they don't run Mumble as an administrator.

If for whatever reason you can't hear yourself during the audio wizard, or if others can't hear you or if your sound is shit:
A - Pull out your mic plug and plug it back in, making sure it is in the right socket and plugged in all the way.

B - Sometimes you will have to enable mic boost in Mumble or in Windows. But too much can cause distorted sound. Your fellow Mumblers will let you know. ;)

C - Avoid plugging your mic into any 'handy' sockets at the front or side of your pc. Always go for the main socket that goes directly to your motherboard if at all possible. Those 'handy' sockets connect to the motherboard with a cable inside your case and tend to pick up a lot of static.

D - Even though I linked to cheapo mics above, invest in a decent one if possible. I've had my Sennheiser headset for countless years and even though it has been thoroughly abused, it is still awesome.

If you have any questions or anything to add, please let us know below.

Thanks for installing and using Mumble! Game on!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 06:45:51 PM by Mangala »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: MUMBLE HoJ
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
Dude I love you.

Im stealing this - in part for my eve followers who still have issues with this ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
Goaty Redirect is done: http://handsofjustice.co.uk/mumble

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
Awesome! Thanks, boss!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
1 connection issue you may come across with some people.  DONT PUT SPACES IN NAMES.

Mumble doesnt like those.