Author Topic: Perpetuum - EVE with Mechs  (Read 10758 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Perpetuum - EVE with Mechs
« on: November 18, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »
Goes "early access" live today with actual release next week.

Ive scored myself 5 weeks of time by grabbing the early access, 9euros!!! 

By all accounts it rips off the eve client, and the idea of warfare etc, but its mechs!!!

http://www.perpetuum-online.com

Does have a following - although its forums have just switched to new ones so totally dead.  Several shcers have been playing it and really getting into it, despite early on hating on it, so it could be good.

And 5 weeks play for 9euros!!!!!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Perpetuum - EVE with Mechs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »
i was sold at mechs :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
FYI guys the early access sale finishes at 6pm CET tonight. (5pm GMT) The early access deal isnt just 5 weeks of time for 9 euros it also includes 4 weeks worth of stored EP, like eves skill points, for you to apply to any skills you want.  After 6pm CEt this part of the deal is no longer included.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
do you have a toon name i should look up when i get on? so i can missile your ass or somethink ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »
do you have a toon name i should look up when i get on? so i can missile your ass or somethink ;)

Will be my first day too - missed on beta myself which closed yesterday.

Once it goes live this evening I'll be creating character of course - most likely Mangala again :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 06:26:02 PM »
mechs with 4 legs = silly mechs
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »

yet more technologically realistic ;) 2 legs = difficult

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:10:06 PM »

yet more technologically realistic ;) 2 legs = difficult
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
At 17:59 I bought something for 8,95, not a clue what it was.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
At 17:59 I bought something for 8,95, not a clue what it was.
you bastards!
i wont buy it
i wont buy it
i wont buy it
i wont buy it
i wont buy it
i wont buy it
i wont buy it

i wont!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 07:54:04 AM »
Apparently I was too late or bought the wrong thing. Don't have early access.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »
first piece of advice ;)

INSURE YOUR MECH

ran into an area i shouldnt have been, got Demobilized (scrammed) missiles flying from everywhere eventually my armour rep couldnt keep up i went boom :S

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »
beginners guide to perpetuum

replace 'eve' with 'perpetuum' and 'ship' with 'mech'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 03:15:27 PM »
... truly is Eves ugly, ginger, stepchild.

does have awesome potential though just cant wait until economy is actually working/worthwhile.