Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 33573 times)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
pressing F1 in game gives u your controls list.
Getting it out of birdeye view i tend to use the mouse zoom wheel. I do believe you can use the page up and down keys as well if u dont have a wheel mouse.
scrolling didnt work for me, but I'll take a better look at the controls list

ah spg have a special view key i think. Try using the control key. i think that pops it in and out of birdseye view.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »
pressing F1 in game gives u your controls list.
Getting it out of birdeye view i tend to use the mouse zoom wheel. I do believe you can use the page up and down keys as well if u dont have a wheel mouse.
scrolling didnt work for me, but I'll take a better look at the controls list

ah spg have a special view key i think. Try using the control key. i think that pops it in and out of birdseye view.
it's the SHIFT-key
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
talking about bt's, is the bt-7 any good? seems to be fastest tank on the field (70+ kph)
bit pricey though, at 90k

Havent heard much about Bt-7's - but the BT2 seems loved:

Quote from: Filingo
bt-2 = tech 2 nanofibres

It's like a goddamn Vagabond.

BT-2 with 100% + crew represent, god dam love the tank when everything starts to seem grindy and the KV is pissing me off I just jump into my BT-2 and rape face.

As a minnie pilot im sure you can appreciate that.

I know I enjoy zipping about in my BT-2, while whoring credits to progress down the german line.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 08:05:20 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »
yeah, for now BT-2 > all.
it's pretty frustrating to have to earn xp in a light tank in standard battles to get to mediums tbh

and yeah, as I said in game to someone: light tanks = frigs vs. medium/heavy = BC/BS
and I love frigs  ;D
just not vs BSs
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »
For pure enjoyment in my books you can't beat a fully upgraded VK3601(H) with 110% crew (half trained in firefighting and half in repair) oh and fitted with a tool box and anti fragmentation liner. oh and of course its fitted with 88mm of pure power  ;D

Its fast for its size, it hits above its weight everyone in the same class (excluding KV3) fear it and quite rghtly so.
And if you can catch a Tiger or IS in  the open and circle it on the  flat at top speed u can  outrun their turret circling whilst peppering them with AP shells.
No matter what else ive bought, I'd never ever sell this baby. 8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:31:22 AM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »
first images of the clan war map

http://game.worldoftanks.com/media/uploads/clan_wars_sketch.jpg

looks awesome i must say, they are starting with a small area available expanding as needed to encompass the whole world.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
Nice, and if they add the rest of the world eventually, then there does seem plenty to do.

Ive seen pictures (somewhere) of the entrie tank lines, and wowee thats alot of work too :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/5356-mrvics-breyd1971s-state-of-the-beta/

Quote:
1) Tiered Battles, There is a new system coming in the next patch that reassess battles make ups and pairs tanks up more evenly and also keeps tanks of like tiers together.

2) Groups joining matches. In the coming patch you will see the ability to create small groups and enter matches together. Groups are 2-3 players and one player in the group must have premium active.

3) Module Damage. (Engine hits, crew death ect) This is a known area of concern and is being adjusted in the coming patch

4) HE ammo. HE rounds are being adjusted in the coming patch.

5) Cover/Camo System. Vanishing tanks at weird ranges. This is a known issue and has been worked on and the solution is being worked on and is coming. Some of the cover and hiding mechanics do funny things at times.

6) US tanks. We should see the first round of them in game probably a short while after the next patch.

7) Will their be a Full wipe at release? Yes at retail release we should expect a full wipe.

8) Soft Wipe There should be a soft wipe coming but not sure exactly when due to the fast pace WoT is progressing. (Typically a soft wipe is a refund of all exp earned and converted to free exp. Sometimes there is a small reduction on the overall exp it varies on the goal for testing. Also typically your full value of all Tanks/Modules/Ammo are refunded to you to reinvest with the free exp. Crews are lost. Premium accounts running sometimes can be either persevered or lost. Gold carried over? not sure usually we are warned if we are to lose it or its converted to credits and given to use in that form. These are all subject to change based on the form the wipe takes. More details will be finalized prior to a soft wipe.)

9) Armor pen vs Armor. Changes to the HE ammo and Damage models should effect this in the next patch.

10) US Server, We should see a server in the US in the not to far future. So many of those worrying over pings this will help.

11) Warping tanks at range. Known issue and its part ping and part game engine issue that is known and being worked on.

12) Bots/AFKers, There is a large known list, They are not going unnoticed. A system is in the works that will assess and deal with these players rapidly. For now we deal with them and I suspect their being used as testing guinea pigs for the new systems. In other words, the more they logon, the more we get to know what they do, what methods they use, the better we can combat them during release.

13) Tanks of the Future! Plans are in place for many more tanks from many nations British, Japanese, French... and perhaps some more

14) New maps! We will see 2 maps in the next patch. Also WoT team plans to start pumping out new maps 1-2 new maps every 1-2 weeks after the patch!

15) Clanwars! More information is coming and the expected time to see it, We are not sure, (sorry best we got) All we have on the clanwars is HERE

16) Release date! Word is they are on shedule for an October (?) release. But this is NOT a hard date (Fall 2010, more accurate). In the end it will be released when its ready. We have lots of fun toys coming to play with before then. It comes when its comes but we got a good bit of testing to do first!

17) Smoke rounds ect. Currently they are not in the works at a later date we may see them. For now we have to fight with lead and sweat not smoke and mirrors

18) Tankopedia Its in the works but a guide providing information on the tanks in the game. (always good to find the weak spots in your enemies armor)

19) More game modes! More game modes are in the works details of what all they have planned are not out yet. Clanwars and Nation based we should see in addition to others

20) Infantry and other support weapons ect. Right now they are not going to be in game. Suggestions are being considered and for future release considered.

21) If you read this far then you deserve a break, Sit back and enjoy this in game tip: Tip99 (read it now..rumor is it's going to be "fixed" in the patch)

22) Tank Skins. Currently you can play with your tank skin but it only shows up to your game. In the future there will be more tank skins added that are global to all players and we think more options for them will be coming. Details soon we bet.

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »

8) Soft Wipe There should be a soft wipe coming but not sure exactly when due to the fast pace WoT is progressing. (Typically a soft wipe is a refund of all exp earned and converted to free exp. Sometimes there is a small reduction on the overall exp it varies on the goal for testing. Also typically your full value of all Tanks/Modules/Ammo are refunded to you to reinvest with the free exp. Crews are lost. Premium accounts running sometimes can be either persevered or lost. Gold carried over? not sure usually we are warned if we are to lose it or its converted to credits and given to use in that form. These are all subject to change based on the form the wipe takes. More details will be finalized prior to a soft wipe.)

Soft wipe?  I hope they reconsider this and make sure everyone starts at 0. =/
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »

Soft wipe?  I hope they reconsider this and make sure everyone starts at 0. =/

You play and dont have much time to earn etc? (I kinda agree though :D)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2010, 07:21:55 PM »
Despite work and family getting in the way of my Gaming life  ;)  i am now the proud owner of a King Tiger. And damn what a different beast that is to the Tiger I.  I can take damage without doing a BBQ impression and dish it out in a awsome way with the second 105mm canon thats available for it. I R BIG and BEASTLY   :D

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
Despite work and family getting in the way of my Gaming life  ;)  i am now the proud owner of a King Tiger. And damn what a different beast that is to the Tiger I.  I can take damage without doing a BBQ impression and dish it out in a awsome way with the second 105mm canon thats available for it. I R BIG and BEASTLY   :D

Until someone gets a centurion with a L7 ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
We are planning some big updates for the World of Tanks closed beta, which will include launching new game servers in North America and delivering a fresh patch containing new game features. To make sure everything works well, we will halt the game servers from 9 a.m. GMT August 26 till September 1.

On September 1, we will be on air again with all the players connected to the American servers. Several days after that, the new 0.5 patch will be rolled out with several new features, which are:

* Squad fights. A squad will include 2 to 3 people and will allow players to invite their friends and join a random battle as a single fighting unit, which will help them coordinate their actions and maneuvers.
    * Additional modules. Install rammers and increase your firing rate, take suspension stiffeners and improve your tank’s tonnage, decrease visibility by installing a camouflage net, choose between dozens of upgrades that differ depending on a tank model you choose.
    * Crew kits. Equip you tank crew with fire extinguishers, repair kits, first-aid sets and other elements, with each of them providing extra help in battles.

With the new patch rolled out, all beta testers will get 5000 gold each to test the new game features. The patch will be followed by a “light” wipe when the players will go back to tier 1 tanks, but all the experience they have earned will be converted into free experience which they will be able to use at their leisure. All credits will remain as well, and losing all the tanks, modules, and shells will be compensated by corresponding amount of credits spent on buying them. If a player had a premium tank or shells, compensation will be arranged in respectful amount of gold.

Stay tuned, we’ll be informing you on all major events on World of Tanks.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/stand_by_till_1_09

Unfair. Although I had put off getting a Panzer III until the soft reset hit and was just grinding cash/exp instead.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »
Update:

The restart of WOT closed beta is scheduled for September 1, 2010. The beta will restart with old 0.4.5 version and will be patched to 0.5.4.1 in a few days.
The update will contain the consecutive general updates 0.5 , 0.5.1 , 0.5.2 and 0.5.3.

Updating our game servers to 0.5.4 version will require “soft” reset/wipe user accounts. The details of this reset have been described here and here.

There are some more of them:

1) 5000 gold will be assigned as soon as the beta restarts, i.e. before the wipe and the 0.5.4.1 update
2) Your premium accounts will be extended (those which were active when the servers had been shut down). I.e. if you had 2 more days of premium, you will get 2 day of premium when the beta restarts.
3) 3000 gold will be added to your account after the wipe as a refund for your crews.
4) The other wipe details stay the same.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »
New Patch out.

Lots of gold and exp to burn.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeee