Author Topic: T4 RvR Boycott  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
T4 RvR Boycott
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »
The last couple of weeks have been hell for Order in T4 RvR.  Essentially, the zerg has grown to monster proportion: Destro wont take even a BO with less than 4 warbands (I exaggerate but not by much).  They simply roll over any opposition and roll through the zones up to the forts.  It is at that point that numbers are capped and Order then has a fighting chance at victory having suffered all day at the hands of the zerg (even when we go to a zone without the zerg they appear as if from out the ground to stop us getting our miserable wooden-spoon renown for a BO capture).  This has led to a downward cascade failure of Order morale as all but the hardcore see less and less point in being grinder fodder.  All the usual signs of defeat appear - in-fighting, blame games, guilds closing in on themselves, paranoia of cross-realm spies (as if!! but it seems that some people care enough about the fleeting victories of WAR to actually bother to have spies) breaking communications, closed warbands etc etc.

Then, as if it this wasn't enough Destro feel they have to cheat to win forts: they pull the Lord downstairs and kill him away from the defenders.  Despite complaints and petitions and evidence (HD fraps no less) of this GOA have done nothing.  So now the biggest Order RvR guild on the server - Disorder - has decided to boycott all T4 RVR activity for a week and apparently other larger guilds are gonna join them (including this one for what its worth - me and my rapier will be taking a break while Grilhelm fights in T3). We are letting Destro have it if they want it that bad. Hopefully, this will provoke something to fix the problem (I can tolerate the zerg up to a point because its better than no activity at all but cheating when winning just sucks).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: T4 RvR Boycott
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
I seriously doubt it will help - but T1-3 may be even busier for a time then :)

Mythic-EA is the people who need to have this problem pushed into their face, not GOA though (even if they deal with petitions, they cannot really deal with stuff thats fucking the general game over), Fingers crossed we shall see similar behaviour from our colonial brethren across the pond.

Anyhoo - I have no intention of ever playing in t4 again, regardless - the caps and hell the seeming necessity of LoD stuff (temporary pve gear gained from farming a place you stand a slim chance of getting too with server pop issues...) for it just really put me off.  That and the fact that when I do play T4 xp gain in anyway seems sloooooooooooooow. (I know I moan about it elsewhere, but you want people at the cap at a decent pace, make more stuff to do to get there!)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
so its 1 year on from launch and i decided to take a look at this again t4 still screwed so staying away from it.

started playing my archmage was lvl 10 when i left it so decided to just play orvr in nordland performance wise i was hitching every 30seconds or so which was very annoying.
so i updated my video drivers and this improved it greatly.

all in all i cant be bothered with questing first time round i found the quest lacking in some way.
so im just going to play rvr and orvr on a very casual basis which is great fun in tier 1
i have already rolled another archmage for when my other gets beyond t1.

looking around theres alot of ppl doing the same, oh have you all got your 1 year jubilee cloaks?

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »
Aye - I'm doing the same : basically leveling by doing oRVR and oRVR quests only (with occasional scenarios when ordered to lock a zone) - some days good, some days bad but overall still fun.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
Aye - I'm doing the same : basically leveling by doing oRVR and oRVR quests only (with occasional scenarios when ordered to lock a zone) - some days good, some days bad but overall still fun.

This - The odd time I play I do tend to stick toa t1 or t2 character.  And havent checked for my cloak yet.

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »
Well that certainly explains the population in T1 then! I've been having a lot of fun with old and new lowbies on Karak-Azgal (Order) and Karak Eight Peaks/Norn (Chaos). I've been able to try out various classes and have developed some firm favourites. Brightstirm (WP), Archstirm (Archmage) and Glokstirm (Eng) for Order with my Squigherder, Grogdosh for chaos. The herder especially is fun. I think it's the combination of goblin and pet class that does it for me.

By the sound of it, I should be in no hurry to progress these guys if T4 is as bad as you say.

Shame really as a good RVR session with the tide of battle changing between sides is much more fun than just zerging over the oppostion. I guess, T4 is victim of the "must win this game at all costs or my life is OVER" brigade.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
I had some terrific T1 fun in the month I played.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
I had some terrific T1 fun in the month I played.

1-3 were and do remain great fun. 4 had massive potential and was just ruined, either by necessity for pve gear or by zergs on one or other side, or gear gating to get into keeps, badly (i give up....)...