Author Topic: City of Heroes  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
City of Heroes
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:26:54 AM »
Anyone playing/played this recently?

I picked up the new Architect edition off Steam the other day, and have so far levelled a super hero called Wraithwing to level 8. Fun so far, and a nice break from the fantasy themed games I've played to death recently.

If anyone fancies giving it a go, I'm on the Union server :)

Cheers,

Kurtt

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: City of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:02 AM »
I played a trial a bit, but it bored me after only a few levels :(
I found it incredibly grindy. And it started giving me repeatable quests at level 5 :S
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:03:26 AM »
i have played a lot previoulsy and never managed to get past the mid 20s level wise, a nice game however gets samey real quick with little variety in missions.

The crafting system they added is nice but doesnt take away the samey aspects that stop me playing long term, i do go back occasionaly to play my Mastermind, Madam Robotics with her horde of cyber mayhem. or any of my other heroes/villains all in the teens/20s that get deleted and started anew :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Baptiste

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:52:51 PM »
I have to admit that the player-content addition did tempt me to dust off Menstro and go and do bloody battle with evildoers, but I resubbed to Dungeons and Dragons Online instead.
Have you played through many player missions so far? Are they any good?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »
I resubbed to Dungeons and Dragons Online

eeeeeeeeekkkkk that is one bad MMO and certainly not any resemblance to D&D except the name :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:34:03 PM »
I have to admit that the player-content addition did tempt me to dust off Menstro and go and do bloody battle with evildoers, but I resubbed to Dungeons and Dragons Online instead.
Have you played through many player missions so far? Are they any good?

I haven't as yet, I got too distracted wooshing round the skies of Atlas Park :D

I'll give them a go at some point though.

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »
This was my very first MMO and I first played the US version when it came out.

I'm now back as it's still the best game to pick up and play for a short time - the Sidekick system alone makes it easy. Yes it does get grindy but get a good team together and you really don't have time to remember what the hell is going on.

Anyway - I'm back on the EU servers. My current aim is to hit 50 so I can open the Archtype. Green Emitter is my main hero with GIGObite my main villain.

The Architect missions are fun. Some guys have gone to a lot of trouble to create variety and fun (I briefly joined the fashion police beating on hideously dressed villains. So they make a good alternative to the game's standard missions.

And it runs on the Mac now. Added bonus!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »
Champions beta has made me pine for hero gaming so ive subbed up for a month or so, so Kurtt gief invite to SG plx ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »
Champions beta has made me pine for hero gaming so ive subbed up for a month or so, so Kurtt gief invite to SG plx ;)

You on Union?

If so, I'll see what I can do.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »
luckily all my toons are on union ;) although ive started a new rad/rad defender