Author Topic: Wish I could have a wish for WAR  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Wish I could have a wish for WAR
« on: October 20, 2008, 07:49:36 AM »
I would wish for the guild-calender to be viewed outside the game (I think I might get odd looks if I installed WAR to my computer here at work). Like is there any guild-activity in the calendar for Tuseday or Thursday evening this week...

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Wish I could have a wish for WAR
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
I also find the in game calendar a bit limiting. I am also used from WoW to always announce events on the guild web forum. I don't see a problem using both systems. Announce here and when time allows add to the in game calendar. Maybe we should create a special forum for "forum initiated" events.

I think we should try to arrange a bigger guild event one evening a week with the aim of getting as many on board as possible. At the moment we have quite a level difference within the guild and hence little interaction between many of the members. We said we would stop recruiting and get to know each other and to be honest I don't think we have been exceptionally good at it.
One or two fixed guild events a week would make planning easier and when we all reach 40 we will be pretty well organized for endgame RvR.

I would be up for something on Tuesday. I am out of town on Thursday.
For a guild event would it be possible to do some fun RvR at a lvl where we all have chars?

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
I find myself in agreement on all points. Forum notification of events (the larger ones) would be great.

Perhaps we could do some sort of dual assault - a T2 AND T3 siege. I sense that the majority of our toons are T3 now, but I think we still have a significant number of T2 toons/alts. That's the only way you're gonna get the whole guild participating in an event together in this case. If I'm mistaken on the interest level for the T2 stuff, then that'd just have to be dropped I guess. Perhaps some kind of joint organisation with our new allies could be undertaken too (after all, we need to get to know them also, right?).

Of course you'd have to have people heading up the organisation. It takes a special kind of stupid to want to organise events such as this :D

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Envicta

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »
Well most MMORPGS restricted mods from being able to gather data from outside world,  so you couldnt stream information from a web-service etc..

However it is possible to output data directly to the local-machine and have a seperate application manipulate that.

I know this,  because I did the exact thing for WoW :)

It outputted all the calender information to the Local-drive,   using a mini-application running in the background it would upload the info to a website, which would then display the up-to-date information.

So its something I could potentially build, but I think you'll find that other people with more time on there hands, will build something very similar soon :)

Envicta

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:04:29 PM »
In agreement too - watch this space for an events listings section.

As for mod that reads the calendar, I am very surprised there is not one yet. I think curse where looking at providing such info via their WARDB guild profiles, but nothing has shown itself as yet.

Would be good though - after all who deosnt remember phpraider or GEM or Guild Calendar and their outofgame sides when uploaded to certain websites and stuff.

I am always willing to throw stuff together, but from previous experience it gets tiring when you are the only one organising things - impromptu stuf excluded as many of us do that alot: t1 rvr groups, t3 scen runs and such - and even I like to go off and do my own thing from time to time (which is when events suffer as I dont plan anything when I am playing mr selfish).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Stonegarrd

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 07:06:55 PM »
Beo - both Mac and I were GM's in wow in different guild's and also both of us were RL's (and I still wonder how the hell we managed to get 40 peeps in one place at one time doing the right things!). So I fully understand what you are saying here. In a bizarely amusing way we both managed to blow our computers up - mainly because they weren't up to it any more. I found it disconcerting to return home to the aroma of roasting motherboard  :o

Anyway - being a guild newbie I've kept my head down somewhat, however as soon as the new comp arrives -(should be back ingame by 24.10.08) I'll start taking a more active role if thats what's needed. Still feeling my way around both ingame and within the guild but loving it all so far.

Let me know  :)