Author Topic: Caldari POS BPO's  (Read 784 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Caldari POS BPO's
« on: June 11, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »
Just mulling over which other BPO's would be good to have along with the Control Tower one Im looking at grabbing (large?, or go for a medium as its a cheaper BPO?):

Silo, Harvesting Arrays - 50M each
Rails?
ECM?
Hardeners?
Hangar? - 250M I think.
Cyno gen?
Cyno Jam - Think the 2 cyno ones should be an alliance expense in the future and  cynos are only workable under new sov stuff.

(Will be logging in to check prices and such obviously)

Anything else? Or any ideas?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Caldari POS BPO's
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
is this in any way profitable?
or is it just about being able to make stuff close to where we will be?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:17 PM »
is this in any way profitable?
or is it just about being able to make stuff close to where we will be?

Making stuff close to us without more costs other than the BPOs themselvesand the neglible costs of setting up the networks & making towers so we can aid the alliance in putting up them up in the future and at a small cost to our very poorly funded alliance. 

Generally anything that can mean we dont have to pay market price (However I do want to see how the market pans out first before making a firm decision as it could be there isnt much change - you never know really.) for towers and such given they will be player dictated from now on.

It could also be a profitable thing if we sold more than we used of mods/towers etc, although with PI being a personal thing rather than corp thing ala poses, its going to mean alot of work for everyone who cares to get involved in the actual PI side of it, with possibly not much recompense in the short - to - mid terms.

Im in two minds myself, as what if we do this and then the rest of the alliance doesnt bother grabbing the other racial towers or pleads poverty or "we live in a wormhole" and all this effort goes down the pan or burns us out as we are the only ones doing it (My idea is 1 tower out of x amount is either sold or donated to the alliance - something we can look at when we have solid figures.)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
We should remember that Caldari poses are in general not used that much.
Gal/minmatar are probably the most common (minmatar for defense and gal for less valuable mining/reaction).
The benefit of caldari is in running the very tight 1 simple+1 complex reaction.
They can also be good for things like assembly arrays etc which use quite a bit of cpu.
Their defensive properties are fairly crap.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »
We can always trade the other alliance corps for BPC's of the towers they buy BPO's for(Sin & I are hoping that each corp deals with a different tower type), I only bagsied Caldari as I am Caldari and it was the first one I checked the market for too (racial bias).