Author Topic: Lego Death Star  (Read 8798 times)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Lego Death Star
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline Baptiste

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Death Star
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »
I wouldn't be too proud of that plastic terror he's constructed. The ability to make a big round ball is insignificant compared to the power of mechano. You may find my lack of faith disturbing though.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »
Now throw it out the window and take a picture of it splattered across the pavement.

That is what happened to the Death Start you know. It was splattered. Mmmmmhmmm.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:16:53 AM »
That's truly a thing of beauty.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 04:42:12 AM »
Nice! How long did it take to build that? I'd expect sorting out the legos took the most time :)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
Don't get my started about sorting out the Lego. In most other models in recent years if over a certain size they number the bags and you only open the ones for the number your on, not with this though. Had to just open everything and go with it. The main box had 4 sub boxes in it but these didnt fit any pattern either so in the end I just got used to which parts were in which of the 4 boxes. Was worse at the start, back breaking digging through the boxes.

Never actually clocked when I got the thing but it's taken me a couple of weeks but that wasn't every night especially cos the launch of WaR distracted me from doing it. And even then by the time my son was in bed maybe only actually got an hour and half per session. Still value for money in terms of build time. Ranks as the biggest set I've ever built and likely ever will to be honest.

Offline Garros

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
I used to have this beast of a thing: http://www.nd.edu/~lego/grp2/www/graphics/lego/8880.jpg

If memory serves me right, it was about 1200 or even 1300 pieces total. I love it and I'm sad... it's in pieces because I wanted to build something else out of it, then i wanted to rebuild it and found it I just lost too many pieces to ever complete it again. In my opinion, those were still the golden years of Lego, nowadays the bricks are just so... dumbed down :( Bring back the Lego of old!

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »
Bring back the Lego of old!

YES! I used to like Meccano too, did anyone else play with that stuff? do they still do that?

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »
Got any size comparison pics of the death star?

Bottle of coke... cereal box... that kind of thing.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »
now you got this one done: the next challenge: lego death star II: http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10143
seems even harder to build   :o
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 01:21:53 PM »
wow!!! look at this one!! http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10179
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 11:57:19 AM »
either my eyes are bleeding or they want £350 for a lego Millenium Falcon im afraid no amount of plastic bricks are worth that to me, could probably find a polystone model for that price.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
You kinda have to be a Lego fanatic to be even interested in these things to be honest. Which I am but after seeing that it's all just an outside model (no interior as such ) I wasn;t overly interested. Plus where in the heck would I put it. I have no shelves wide enough for something of that magnitude  :o