Author Topic: What do you call these books?  (Read 6868 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
What do you call these books?
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »
I'm looking for books that contain images of often technical things. Vehicles, factories, bikes, engines, etc.
The image of the thing in question is often an illustration and is blown out or cut in half so all parts are visible on way or another.
Then the image has the names of all the parts around it with lines leading from the names to the actual parts in the illustration.

What are these damn things called.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: What do you call these books?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »
Yes! Schematics! I love you!

Now to try and find these things with all the names of the different parts included.
It seems schematics and technical drawings get the results I need, but often they include part numbers instead of names.

The library has books that contain a few of these images in each. Going to do some searches on Amazon based on authors and titles. And otherwise Im just going to google a load of products+schematics and see if I can somehow get the actual part names as well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:22:08 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 09:04:56 PM »
Next question, what would you call this in the UK? As specific as possible.

So had it been a pen... is it a ballpoint pen, fountain pen, marker or rollerball.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/attachments/other/75749d1142193220t-5x8-enclosed-trailer-sale-dsc00015.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 04:30:20 PM »
just a trailer round my part of the uk never seen one like that before looks like a freezer on wheels.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »
necro necro

looking at this again as im well bored could be some type of trailer tent as in expands upwards and outwards.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
I ended up creating a site around trailers from this and it was making 20 GBP a month from adsense at one point. Then I offered it for sale on a marketplace and the rankings just so happened to tank right after the auction ended unsuccesfully. Now it makes a fiver a month.

Now I run mostly vibrator websites and they did 450 GBP last month. Yay vibrators.