Author Topic: RAGE (New Id+Bethesda game)  (Read 7190 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
RAGE (New Id+Bethesda game)
« on: October 04, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »
Seems to be out in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffoj6oY3ug

http://www.rage.com/en

Garry did you use the same trick we did for Deus Ex HR to get that?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: RAGE (New Id+Bethesda game)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
will do as soon as i finish dling the 21gig gamefiles :S
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »
will do as soon as i finish dling the 21gig gamefiles :S

Bloody hell!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
Mmm 

Im hammering my bandwidth with other games and stuff (that I didnt have installed on another drive), so may actually fork out cash for this on dvd instead...

25gigs is woah!!!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
Mmm 

Im hammering my bandwidth with other games and stuff (that I didnt have installed on another drive), so may actually fork out cash for this on dvd instead...

25gigs is woah!!!

40 mions to go then ill vpn it, looking forward to playing :)

i did think about buying disc but i truly have no more room for discs, keep meaning to ebay but never get round to it.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
so

18hrs to download

1 hour to unlock files

and another hour to actually get it to work reasonably well on PC until they patch it :) (beta drivers required)

apart from that early impressions are fucking awesome :)

wait for patch and PC optimisation though ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:29:19 PM by Caradir »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »
ok so i played it a bit more heres my thoughts

firstly dont pay full price wait for sale, and PC fix ;)

gamewise it feels 5 years old, corridor shooter totally on rail too many invisible walls and poor PC implementation (fuck you console kiddies), its NOT AN RPG so i wish theyd stop fucking touting it as such

Crafting is good (RC car bombs, sentry turrets and crawler droids), racing is fun, miniguns and rocketlaunchers on buggies. Plenty side quests which are fun, protecting engineers from my sniper position whilst they repaired water pipes was fun.

Other minigames involve a CCG, holographic zombies, and good old knife vs hand on a table.

Story wise, nothing spectacular, so far. Post apocalypse, sole survivor, bandits and survivor towns.

The bestest greatest thing about the game is the ai, npcs dont sit around whilst you shoot them they flee, roll between cover, fire around cover, run along walls backflip, somersault and generally make hitting them hard.

also id tech 5 suxx, megatextures will never catch on they are fugly, yes there is more range but its lower res and just plain shit :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Ok so now im officially scared for Skyrim, if that too is a crappy console port i promise not to give bethesda my money again :S

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »
So im being cheeky and requesting a refund.

technically its not released here yet ;)  and i honestly dont want it anymore

too buggy GFX are plain shit for a 2011 release, yes it has some jaw dropping nice touches but they do not make up for the horrors.

what other game should i buy with my refund (if i get it) Heroes 6 does seem good :)

or orcs must die (nice demo) or Dungeon Defenders? or should i get something else?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:16:39 PM by Caradir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Skyrim - save the cash till then ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
Skyrim - save the cash till then ;)

Box preordered , steam credit would be no good.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »
Hey Jon, whats Witcher 2 like?

i has first one and was wondering, although i do know you dont collect pictures of naked chicks you giggidy with, unlike 1.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »
So i gots me a refund.

Seriously guys avoid Rage , id tech 5 suxx balls, megatextures translates as good from afar shit up close.

Good game ruined by bad pc port and shitty gfx

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
what makes this farce even funnier is id saying " nothings wrong with the game, its your drivers" really? so please tell me how the fuck did you test this on PC without drivers that work? surely you'd wait until GFX card manufacturers released working drivers BEFORE releasing on PC and you know what, packaging said drivers with game. no?

im guessing they did all their testing on Xbrick and PissflapS 3, fucking arseholes.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »
Last rant then you can close this topic ;)

Hardcoded FOV should have made it obvious its a console port , i mean 90 degree FOV on a PC game made me feel giddy, and i had to command line it to make it better.

Also to exit the game you need to tab, exit, enter , quit WTF

and hardcoded 60fps for guess what fucking TVs whats the point of having a monitor that rescans higher if you with your " groundbreaking first-person shooter" doesnt break any grounds that quake didnt.

they promise "an expansive world to explore" if by expansive you mean stay on track do not deviate, as there are mountains or just plain invisible walls that stop you jumping over rails etc, in a 2011 fps, really? thats not expansive thats console port gone mad

also your promised "jaw-dropping graphics powered by id’s revolutionary id Tech® 5 technology" they made my jaw drop for being shit, not im guessing what they meant by that statement, it was like shagging a bird whilst drunk on a Saturday, looked awesome from the distance and whilst drunk but as soon as youve sobered up and lying next to her on a Sunday morning you see the real view. However the ugly girl cannot be programmed to be workable RAGE needs to tweaked to be playable. (playable not great mind)

"RAGE promises an experience like no other." AMEN you said something true, in all the piss poor releases of games ive experience at least they werent as overhyped as this unpolished bad console port severe let down form what used to be a quality PC game developer piece of turd.

FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU

On a good note the ai rocked (when game was stable enough to play without texture popping, artifacts and tearing)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:06:06 PM by Caradir »