Author Topic: Civ 4 Succession  (Read 10589 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Civ 4 Succession
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
Nice write up Saffy - now Ive read it.

Sorting my turn today in between lotro/eve sessions.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 12:59:47 PM »
Following on from Saffys rule will be hard thought Jon I (The first openly English ruler of Celtia) to himself, he has me embroiled in a war with the rice-eaters to the south, and war is just bad man...

Anyway, the war stalemated, with the city of Hangzhou? unable to be caught, and yet unabled to be rescued.  Eventually the Apostolic Council ended that war against Kiddie Fiddler Mao's wishes, and an era of prosperity and happiness was returned to Celtia, however spais were every were from lots of nations, so I setup a counter intelligence group that is weeding these people out, I called it the CIA (Celtia Intelligence Advisory).

While this was going on we entered the Renaissance, hopefully all the god bothers will get out of the palace and let my scientists and artists back in, cannot keep hiding behind the couch when the religious show up can we as a nation?!

We also discovered the Printed word - this is probably a bad thing as the Church is likely to jump on it and use it in the furtherance of its "message".

Following the war, and on advice laid down by my predecessor about our other neigbours, I kept up a program of military expansion in alot of our cities, or made it so that other cities could join our military-industrial complex at a moments notice by building barracks and forges all over the place. Also it seems that despite the war, and our refusals to share with those around us, we are still well liked:

I was walking through - well being carried on a palanquin - the shopping district of Buckie one day when I suddenly thought, that having to take all my gold everywhere even to get a coffee, was just too much, and that a safe house would be needed for it, that maybe others could use to, and if the gold was looked after, maybe it could make more gold.  Banking was discovered:

The Apostolic Council thingy named me head too, then didnt tell me how to propose resolutions or anything...

Some numbers, as my predecessors seemed to like them, and I have to admit they were useful, maybe you my successors will find them of use too.  I downsized my staff to pay off the war loans, so am unable to interpret them sorry.

Then I went an lived another 50 years, so this information will have been of little use, except as proof I could have employed some statisticians after all.

Pericles, that wonderful like moussaka salesman, traded us Philosophy, which is nice, although, Liberalism and Nationalism, dont sound like Royalty & our Divine Right has a place in those systems:

Still I decided to research Nationalism, it may be something I can play on with the masses, or if not I then my successors. Something to get their blood up maybe, get them angry and those rice-eaters and pasta-eaters...

Im on my deathbed now, and Livy sends me a note.  Dumb as history types, what do th... (lots of death throws and wailing of wimmin all over the realm followed)

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
King Garry takes the Throne looks over his domain and thinks "what the fuck" i aint dealing with this just now ill do it later.

Toys left pram, the King left the building.

he dealt with it later.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 11:06:21 AM »
So it came to pass that King Garry IV took the throne of the celtic empire, and lo and behold the warnings left by his forefathers about the other Tri-Kings were true.

Upon summoning the foremen he found that they had been given free reign once more to "build what we like guv", Garry IV had them hanged and set about sorting the mess that had been ravaged on the Empires resource fields.

Also upon summoning his generals he noticed that they had taken poor choices on the training of troops, training horses to run away does not a strong army make, especially when they dont run away when attacked. He also noticed that archers had been focusing on "shooting fast" rather than accurately or with strength. Instantly he proclaimed that his generals would no longer waste resources on those training styles and would instead focus on useful training.

Garry IV was also heard to comment that turn 352, year 1 of his glorious reign was not divisible by 30 +1  (whatever he meant by that) so assumed that as his great great grandfather was last from his family to take the throne as Tri-King for his family and had a short reign that he would endure longer.

Years of rebuilding after the wars had ravaged on the Empire began and the army was moved to protect against the "rice eaters" as Garry didnt trust them, and focus was shifted to making sure all cities had proper defense available to them.

Garry IV also vowed to increase spending on espionage and set forth 10% of income to do so, as history showed the neighbours werent always friendly.

Soon the distrust was to be prophetic

The first attack of the traitor rice eaters was to wipe out half of the Empires army due to the poor training they had previously recieved. Focus was shifted to producing replacement troops and start pushing towards a victory.

It took many years to start from 0 and rebuild an army capable of taking the well defended cities of the rice eaters however upon Garry IV retirement he sighed with relief that he had done just that as Hangzhou, the closest city of the traitors was left with only Trebuchet upon its walls.

he left the victory to the incoming new King from another family.

Also during Garry IV reign  the great Celt scientists developed new ideas and technologies

The scientists came up the idea of free thinking and free thought. Whilst the king also believed in attaining these things, eventually, he told them to keep such things quiet from the unwashed until a future date.

The philosophy of teaching the soldiers that before they enter battle they are already winning.

and other techs including education and some more that went unrecorded due to the top scientists experimenting with hallucinogenics.

Garry IV had been told that some of the other families liked "graphs and stuff" so he too god the royal mathematicians and statisticians to draw some during his last year of reign.

He noted on this one "think we can all see when the rice eaters attacked"

Whilst he was happy at having 1 city in the "top 5" he felt that perhaps the Celts should be holding all 5 spots, he put this down to the other families having a "thing" about not building wonders.

So Garry IV stepped down from the throne to concentrate on his cheese and beer making, and passed the throne to the next family to do with as they wished. His only hopes were that no more would they give the workers free reign to build what they liked  and destroy old improvements made. He also left knowing that the army was in a better position than it had been but still needed more strength before it could become feared.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:11:28 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)