Author Topic: HOI III  (Read 25755 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: HOI III
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:17 AM »
tutorials arent really tutorials more "heres each screen and what everything on them is" but i can READ myself thanks its more the "but what does that do?" and "how do i improve it?" questions that are making my head hurt.

Wiki was more useful but is still thin for the level of info i wants ;)

ill play around and learn myself i guess, but it still seems numbers on production svreen move at random.

on a good note research is pretty self explanatory think ive got that screen sorted ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »
not having bothered too much with the wiki (yet) all that I keep wondering re: research is how to improve leadership other than the few options you have with policy, politicians and some research itself. my testrun with Canada has me squeezing out 7 leadership only max  :(

[edit after wiki  ::)]

Leadership Generation

Leadership points are gained using the following factors:

Base value: All countries get 2 points of leadership no matter their size.
    Province generated: Certain provinces generate leadership which is added to the base value, these province tend to also generate manpower and have significant IC and/or resource concentrations.
    Modifiers: There are numerous modifiers which can increase the amount of available leadership. All modifiers are added together and then applied to the total. They are:

Minister: The man of the people security minister gives a +5% bonus.
        Education Tech: Education tech gives a 5% bonus to leadership per tech level.
        Education Investment laws: The education investment law gives a variety of effects, from lowest to highest benefit they are: -15%, none, +10%, +20%. All in exchange for altering the cash value for consumer goods.
        Overseas Modifier: Provinces without a land connection to the capital get a -90% modifier to leadership points from that province

The total leadership calculation is as follows: (2 + province total) * (1 + modifier total) - (overseas leadership points * 0.90)

Example: Your provinces produce 2.5 leadership and you have big education investment and level 1 education. So your leadership total would be (2 + 2.5) * (1 + (.05 + .2)) = 4.5 * 1.25 = 5.625

[/edit]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:23:28 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »
So do ppl have preferences re: countries / era yet?

Early start really limits playability for some countries, unless we all go late start countries and just go @ max speed, researching and building. But if gamespeed is low because some of the players are occupied fighting it will mean afk gaming for the others really.
I'd also like us to be on same side (or 2v2 if same side isnt possible), but I don't know how you feel about that.

Another possibility could be to go LOL and all go middle american countries or something, but that would go with the consequence of little countries - little wars.
I just don't really know what 4 countries that we can pick that are on the same side and that are interesting to play in co-op, unless maybe if we go for a late start. Going ebil might have germany/italy/japan as an interesting combo even in an early start, but what to pick as 4th country? Persia? (will fight a pretty solo fight then though)
Allied side early start will have UK (lots of stuff to do in middle/far east, even pretty early on, plus help defend France), France? (but will inevitably be run over by Ger pretty soon), Norway could do, Spain will remain neutral (unless that mod that Jon mentioned comes into play) and ims Spain is more into Axis anyway. Balkan area/Turkey are a bit dodgy too, BeNeLux are run over too soon and too little to play any significant importance. Sweden/Finland? Memory fails, but think they remain neutralish? Russia is not really interesting till 1942 and not Allies anyway.
1942 start might have more possibilities, but I'll leave it up to you to have your say first. Plus I'm tired of typing this anyway.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
not yet played, just read,
in countries i'd really like to try one of the chineese factions (gonna try this as sp at least soonish)or possibly japan.

need to get into it (probably tonight as we have an eve mining op)

i dont know how much freedom you have in changing history by switching sides.
looking at the lets play demo i see germany and uk can trade. so possibly random alliances can be made

afk playing will happen at times from what i've seen (yay for 2 monitors, i can mine on the other anyway)

also will we be together on ts to erm speak. or something similar?
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »
not yet played, just read,
in countries i'd really like to try one of the chineese factions (gonna try this as sp at least soonish)or possibly japan.

need to get into it (probably tonight as we have an eve mining op)

i dont know how much freedom you have in changing history by switching sides.
looking at the lets play demo i see germany and uk can trade. so possibly random alliances can be made

afk playing will happen at times from what i've seen (yay for 2 monitors, i can mine on the other anyway)

also will we be together on ts to erm speak. or something similar?

As far as I get it, in Vanilla you are pretty much stuck to one side as you wont just be allowed in every alliance (it took me till late 42 to be allowed in Allies with Canada even) or cant just declare war on just anyone you like. This as a consequence of how diplomacy is shaped in the game. Though Jon mentioned a mod that might loosen this up a little. Don't know details though...

And Jon has a TS server set up, so we'll use that I figure.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
else there is a nerf ts always running also, could be used also.

and like i said dont know how it all works. will probably know more tomorrow. so wont say/guess too much about possible features. :D

also (i am watching youtube) i think starting early will give you more time to shape your country like you want it to be, once again i dont know how much freedom you have etc. and will come back on that later tomorrow or possibly this weekend :D

edit: not the best guide ever
multi role aircraft are multirole

anyway start of the lets play i am watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxwm1Tzapk&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:19:38 PM by Bethor »
former roommate.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
1936 start is my preference, im still mulling nations over - currently (when I have some time) running as brazil, kinda interesting and a theatre all of their own should I do awful shit to my neighbours - once the yankee's are occupied ofc. Also some of the UK dominions would work okay I think too in this sort of situation.

As for side, we can try, but the way im playing brazil and the way ive played South Africa in the past, being allies wouldnt last long due :)  If anything we could pick countries that have a part in WW2, but very minor/neutral and work from there. Alter their history, their stance to certain factions and get a game running with its own interpretation of WW2.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:44:52 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
May actually go with South Africa, then show the other imperial powers how to run a continent :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »
So this monday right?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 04:43:42 PM »
So this monday right?

Yus, unless you/beth/whoever have other plans.

Im still not sure who to be, but it'll be alright on the night.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »
im still ok with monday as i said to saf friday :D
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »
So, time? I'll be good from about 6:30 UK local (so 7:30 EU). Anything earlier is win.

Also, Garry, will you join us, or?

Depending on what you guys will pick I might go Aussie, Brasil, SA, or something else I come up with during the day.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
nope not me

Mondays are no good for me ;)

have fun :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
So, time? I'll be good from about 6:30 UK local (so 7:30 EU). Anything earlier is win.

Also, Garry, will you join us, or?

Depending on what you guys will pick I might go Aussie, Brasil, SA, or something else I come up with during the day.

6.30 my time is good, any earlier no :)

As for picking countries, we should just go with what feels right to us, dont try to coordinate too much, given with some work we can move them all to the same side (commies/allies/axis) if we choose or if it makes sense to our personal grand plans :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
As for picking countries, we should just go with what feels right to us, dont try to coordinate too much, given with some work we can move them all to the same side (commies/allies/axis) if we choose or if it makes sense to our personal grand plans :)

It's more location and timing that I'm worried about than side. Having to go at half speed because someone goes pewpew from the start doesnt appeal to me if I have got a country that wont be able to pew till 41-42ish. So in that case I'd rather pick a country that has an earlier pew-start.
Also being next to someone else doesnt appeal to me as much either, as then you'll probably in each other's way all the time (unless you have to defend and you can help each other).

What I was trying to say was that I don't quite know what to pick yet and that it also depends on your plans. I figured I'd decide on the spot tonight.