Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim  (Read 31369 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
So i avoided reading as much as i could but now i cant help myself ;)

Lockpicking will be just like Fallout 3

Crafting is in
Enchantment, Smithing and Alchemy More like MMO crafting than previous.

I was worried about Skills and levelling as they "streamlined" the process (i translated as console kiddies go wah if its hard), seems its very similar to that in Fallout skill ups (any, no more major/minor skills) add up until you level up. At level up you get a perk to spend, each skill has its own perk tree
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
2 days.

Dutchies have already been buying this on Xbawks;

Seems Steam is preloading.

My Amazon order is still awaiting it being sent etc etc
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »
Preloading it trough Steam myself. If i had ordered a box i probably wouldnt have it until sometime next week when i would be too busy with work to play.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
how does it compare to arena/daggerfall, that's what i wonder

oh graphics of this are a hell of a lot better, I'm sure..

But what i want is an open world, random quests (where you can be the hero of a town and unknown in the next) etc etc. i didn't find that back in oblivion that's why i think oblivion sucks monkey balls..

so is it oblivion like or more old style :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 05:25:01 PM »
Found this on reddit. Some people may like it. http://www.anuconsulting.com/skyrim/skyrimperkpicker.html
A tool for planning out your character kinda.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
My copy has been despatched!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 11:19:19 PM »

amazon? mine hasnt :(

lets hope royal mail are good as couriers seem to think Central Scotland is some 3rd world country with regards to delivery.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 11:58:16 PM »

amazon? mine hasnt :(

lets hope royal mail are good as couriers seem to think Central Scotland is some 3rd world country with regards to delivery.

Yeah Amazon.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 12:02:05 AM »
seems i ticked the "first class" box when ordered so mine will be ok if posted tomorrow.

You went for peasant post im guessing ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »
seems i ticked the "first class" box when ordered so mine will be ok if posted tomorrow.

You went for peasant post im guessing ;)

Nope, 1st class as usual.

Always good living 10minutes from two local sorting offices :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
On a more positive note :P

Quests will be generated dynamically based on your progress :)

Todd Howard stated that the Radiant Quest system in the game will randomly generate things for you to do based on your own personal progress. From collecting flowers for an aspiring alchemist to randomly generated missions from the likes of the Dark Brotherhood, Howard stated that “The vibe of the game is that it’s something that you can play forever.”

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »
Yeah love the sound of that, makes for some nice variety alongside the main line.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 12:09:30 AM »
Yeah love the sound of that, makes for some nice variety alongside the main line.

You do main quest? in an Elder Scrolls Game? :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »
dispatched :D

however a friend just invited herself for dinner tomorrow, so thats my evenings plans gone.