Author Topic: way to go with M10 and redistribution in mind  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
way to go with M10 and redistribution in mind
« on: February 26, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
As the 'M10 skills needed' topic went it's own way a bit, I thought I'd make a new topic for this.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am thinking of a massive redistribution of skills and after a short flirt with the perc/willp route, I now have more or less decided to go with the int/mem route instead. I've decided not to go for the suggested int/perc route as, although this will give some more flexibility, it also looses gain had by going for a dedicated redistribution (i.e. int/mem).
The problem I see though, is that with M10 around the corner, I want (need?) to be able to fly some good dps-ship before I step away from the pew-pew-skills for a while.
atm, I can only fly T1 ships (BC/BS) and one T2 ship (AF), which is not enough to fill the role in the corp I would like to fill: DPS.

So I have come up with a new plan: Train for HAC with T2 guns and then redistribute. This will take me about 2 more months  :-\ but after that I can dedicate myself to tanking and electronics (with the 40% time gain mentioned elsewhere) after which I can redistribute again and catch up with spaceship command skills again, then very fast being able to fly a lot of T2 ships.

A rough skillplan would then be:
t+30: HAC
t+60: T2 medium guns @ 4
t+60: skill redistribution to int/mem
t+90: learningskills mostly @ 5
t+180: tanking mostly @ 5
t+210: navigation skills mostly @ 5
t+300: electronic skills mostly @ 5
t+330: rigging skills @ x
t+330: skill redistribution to perc/willp
t+x: lot of ships!

So as you can see, it will take me about a year to be able to fly new ships.

pro's:
- good tanking is  8)
- going for perc/willp first will not do me much good concerning T2 ships as I don't have other prerequisites, like propulsion jamming 5 for HIC etc
- it will provide a good basis to build on the rest of my eve career

con's:
- it takes almost a year (or 9 months really) to go from HAC to other ships
- that might be booooooring
- not much flexibility

ofc, training to lvl 3/4 in a certain ship will always be a reasonable option if need be

So, after this monologue, I am curious what you guys think:
should I go the int/mem way?
should I train HAC first or will BC/BS suffice?
other remarks?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: way to go with M10 and redistribution in mind
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
Good plan.  HAC's themselves are worth all effort expended on them, excellent dps and great tanks (higher resists).  The rest of your plan also opens you up to being able to use T3 in time too (you pretty much cover all the preq's for the Loki range) and thats always a bonus. Not that T3 will be affordable in the short-mid term except by the crazy rich (even i wont fly it for a while :D).

In addition, the support skills you intend to V, will make it even easier for you to well fit BC's/CBC's (situationally wonderful craft, with great tanks/dps :D) and of course BS's should you ever go that route properly.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »
Keep in mind that as we intend to be in W-Space early on - you'll have access to ships & subsystems quickly.
While the sale cost of the ship will be high - the actual cost in mostly time and effort.  Some of the NPC's drop complete subsystems and many drop the other parts used in the invention process.
Polymers (the harvestable clouds used in T3 manufacturing) appear fairly prevalent so far - I've found the C-70/C-72 variety as well as 'roids.

In W-Space flying the T3 ships is optimum for dealing with the sleepers.  T3 ships have T2 resists, excellent speed, firepower & slot configs.
Also inhenent in T3 ships is the "heat" bonus (Thermodynamics: Science - Int/Mem) - so it would be worth ensuring that it factors into your skill-plan.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:28:52 PM »
Ah - also - you might want to log onto SISI to check you can reallocate as you are planning to.
You can at least test the waters :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
Personally I am not so keen at re-distributing for Swuul or Swuliina. They both have Charisma at 3, which is not possible after redistribtution (as far as I understand, I'd have to bump Charisma to 5 if I want to redistribute the factors). Basically it means I would be able to get Perc/willpower up a bit, but I'd lose more from Intelligence/Memory (which are the two attributes I have high for them) than the gain would be.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
Personally I am not so keen at re-distributing for Swuul or Swuliina. They both have Charisma at 3, which is not possible after redistribtution (as far as I understand, I'd have to bump Charisma to 5 if I want to redistribute the factors). Basically it means I would be able to get Perc/willpower up a bit, but I'd lose more from Intelligence/Memory (which are the two attributes I have high for them) than the gain would be.

I think you can redistribute the "learned" as well.
So if you (as I suspect you probably do) have empathy to lvl2 the difference won't be that large.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 02:03:27 PM »
So if you (as I suspect you probably do) have empathy to lvl2 the difference won't be that large.
Nope, I don't. Why should I have wasted learning time on a for me totally useless stat?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »
Nope, I don't. Why should I have wasted learning time on a for me totally useless stat?

Evemon usually tells me to learn it to lvl2 :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
Evemon usually tells me to learn it to lvl2 :)
ยด
It hasn't for me :) Obviosly I heven'tt learned any social or leadership skills in addition to what I have got from character creation :D