Author Topic: Mac's in LoTRO as well now  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Mac's in LoTRO as well now
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »
logged my Warden who i havent played in an age killed 1 mob +3 levels lol :)

look up Lorgo in game ill prob level him for a while.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
I have another 4 alts to use the "One hit to level several levels" thing on - I kinda like it :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 07:04:07 AM »
So, has leveling speed been changed? Ie I got stuck with my warden at the 20 sign (where all my toons in LOTRO seemed to get stuck except for the burglar who I got to the whopping 25 or so), because I simply ran out of nice quests to do (seems there were just two flavours of  the quests available: already grey ones or too hard ones...) and the questlines get stuck because of Greater Barrows (hard to find balanced groups there, again either no groups or groups pulled through by a level 50 toon...).

I am starting to feel the itch to get back (I have the same disease Mangala has :( I have a totally holistic attitude towards one (or most two) games at a time, and I recycle the games (currently the focus is on Dominions (again...) and Blood Bowl). Have to say I did love the warden quite a bit, and if questing isn't such a chore anymore, then I really really would like to get back to see the game :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 07:28:09 AM »
got a new char to lvl 10 yesterday and it did seem to go very quickly though cant say what its like after that i dont have a problem getting to 20 i can get that far just completing most of the lone lands.

after that its switching between the area beyond trestlebridge and the area between lonelands and the trollshaws i can get to about lvl 32 in these area's.

then its everdim and house of elrond quests till 40 or so and after that misty mountains and angmar and foroshel.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »
they did reevaluate levelling from 1-50 and made it roughly 5% cheaper xp wise over the 50 levels with particular attention to the lower levels.

Ive always found the 20-30 "hump" on every one of my characters then it gets fun again i still detest the volume of quests in Dol Dinen though :) although i like the area its just too much time focused on one place.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »
what do you guys do with your destiny points spend them when you get them or save for higher lvl's ?

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 09:42:17 AM »
logged my Warden who i havent played in an age killed 1 mob +3 levels lol :)

look up Lorgo in game ill prob level him for a while.

What is this 1 kill and level 3 levels thing then? is this a particular quest or exploit or something?
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 10:10:41 AM »
if you just started you will not get this .

they adjusted the xp you need for lvling so if you have been playing for a while you get this xp back so say your lvl 25 or so it can add a couple of lvl's.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:19:55 AM by Keggi »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »
What is this 1 kill and level 3 levels thing then? is this a particular quest or exploit or something?
I did look it up a moment ago :)

It goes like this. Toons that were leveled up before latest patch have their xp points in a weird way (because there is a discount now on xp). When such a toon gains one more xp (ie killing something usually), their xp and levels get recalculated according to the new system. Thus, when there is an average 5% discount now, and the discount is bigger in lower levels, and you have say level 20 warden, then according to the new system you actually should be around level 23, but it gets not calculated until you actually kill something.

Or that is the simple way I understood. You perhaps now I understand that I am sometimes quite complicated...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
I did look it up a moment ago :)

It goes like this. Toons that were leveled up before latest patch have their xp points in a weird way (because there is a discount now on xp). When such a toon gains one more xp (ie killing something usually), their xp and levels get recalculated according to the new system. Thus, when there is an average 5% discount now, and the discount is bigger in lower levels, and you have say level 20 warden, then according to the new system you actually should be around level 23, but it gets not calculated until you actually kill something.

Or that is the simple way I understood. You perhaps now I understand that I am sometimes quite complicated...

explained exactly how it works ;)

destiny points are used primarily in monster play however you can spend them for short term buffs on your characters as i have over 30k i can easily say spending them is few and far bewtween :)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »
Having now downloaded and added the mines of Moria update i now find myself confronted by runekeepers   :o

Guess who is now sidelining his lvl 14 Lore Master in favour of starting a Runie  ::).
Less than 48 hours in the game and already its....ooooooo new shiney  :P
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:19 PM »
Runekeepers are fun and versatile but get more than 1 in close proximity and the noise of em drives you nuts :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »
Having now downloaded and added the mines of Moria update i now find myself confronted by runekeepers   :o

Guess who is now sidelining his lvl 14 Lore Master in favour of starting a Runie  ::).
Less than 48 hours in the game and already its....ooooooo new shiney  :P

did the same thing got a lore-master to 10 yesterday started a rune-keeper today already lvl14 and they are awesome.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
anybody else get a cloak appear in there bags and is it something to do with lotro's 2nd birthday ?

it makes a nice gift for low lvl's :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
aye 2nd birthday pressie
 looks nice and dyes nice which is a change :)