Author Topic: Mines Of Moria  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Mines Of Moria
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »
Ah yeah whoops I meant north downs, we're just finishing up there now, the area down in the SE where all the orcs are.

Evendim or Trollshaws - both same sort of level are they? That'll be a first, having a choice for where to go - does one come logically before the other? I haven't played my hobbit in a month or two, I'm not sure where our quests are leading us except to go see the elves, which I guess takes us through Trollshaws. Not sure where evendim is, is that the place with the little hobbit village at the border, north of the shire?

I am in a LOTR mood now after chatting about this today :D

evendim was added after release to make life through the 30s easier, Trollshaws has a nice chain that gives great armour set as rewards, youll prob use until 50 tbh , and i  forgot about a few Rivendell quests and beginning of Misty Mountains too you get lots of choice really ;)

So, if I was to buy MoM, would I then be able to roll a warden at level 50, even though I don't have a level 50 character? Those wardens sure look cool by the description :)

start from lvl 1 im afraid or else wed all get our wardens to 50 straight away ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »
The more I read about the Warden, the more in love I think I am. I guess I'll buy MoM and start from level 1 as a Warden :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »
Still drooling over the gorgeousness of it and the legendary weapon system is amazingly good, got some nice screenies will post after ive had some sleep ;)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 05:06:40 AM »
Did anybody have a chance to test the Warden yesterday?

In a few hours I'll be home and then I'll get to see it first-hand, but I'd love to hear some first impressions :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 06:55:18 AM »
Did anybody have a chance to test the Warden yesterday?

In a few hours I'll be home and then I'll get to see it first-hand, but I'd love to hear some first impressions :)

Thats my plan - and reason for being up so damn early!

Yay for 2 extra character slots :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »
i tested it and i like it  :)

as i said in another thread the warden stands and unleashes  his/her javalin and spear in a similar fashion to a greek hoplite.

the gambit system in also good remembering the combo's for pulling these off is not too tricky so far.

im also going to get back into this game and make the warden my main.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 12:24:52 PM »
My Warden Tracer is now logged on (and will be logged on for the next few hours), so please whisper me if somebody is online :)

And oh yes, the warden looks and feels *cool* :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 01:12:46 PM »
i would log to my toon in hoj lotro side but i dont think he has invite permission anymore.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 01:14:35 PM »
Servers going down, time to make a cup of tee meanwhile.

I am absolutely astonished with the warden. Hot damn it feels and looks good :)  I wonder how long this feeling will last  :P

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »
AS promised heres a wee glimpse of the first area in Moria (the place is HUGE)

first a not very good picture of my first encounter with the watcher (no you dont actually fight it at this point as the watcher is a raid boss endgame)

The Entry hall that serves as the first dwarf foothold in Moria

Now a couple of lovely views :)

and one i forgot :)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:41:29 PM by Caradir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 07:42:38 PM »
I came.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."