Author Topic: Wormholes: Corp run throughs?  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Wormholes: Corp run throughs?
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:08:55 PM »
I am sure we all want to get into WH space and see if it can make us rich(er), so how much interest in such an evening (or two or three), would there be? This is seperate and away from any ideas to setup a temporary home in them.

And which evening(s) would be best for you on a regular basis?

As for roles what would you be able to do:

Scan;
Fight;
Hack;
Loot;
Kill other scanners who find us;

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:11:05 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Wormholes: Corp run throughs?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »
i'd be up for it ofc  :)

as for preferred day: no idea atm
day gf is away :) but her schedule changes so often i cant keep up
tuesdays and fridays would not be so good for me though
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »
id be up for it

if i come in my griff its fitted for scanning, hacking, archaeology but certainly no combat whatsoever ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:42:06 AM »
ah yeah, i'd be good for nothing but doing damage
i dont even tank properly...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:01:35 AM »
MEMEME!!

I can probably help a bit with probing (not much but can fit one at least hehe) and fighting.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »
Yeah, I am interested for sure :)  Swuliina could do the looting bit (as much as you can fit in a Cormorant) and/or do some probing (either in a Heron, or fit the Cormorant with a probe-launcher). Swuul is 3 days from flying the Basilisk, so he could do that Logistic thingy if needed (or else bring in a Caracal and just nuke stuff).

The problem is that I don't know where the heck my boats are atm :P  Well, the Basilisk is in Anttiri, but everything else I dragged to Kubinen in the hopes that Rub would drag them somewhere where they are needed and where I could grab them back :P

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »
Most should be there or will be on the next run up.
Const is in a WH now in the POS system in Fountain :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
W-hole had 14 combat sites (with hacking/archaeology buildings) , 2 asteroid belts, 2 gas complexes  hrod cam in had a go at some sleepers, and legged it when they tried scramming him and his dps wasnt scratching them , i had no weapons so bugged out as well, 360 showed another expedition of at least 7 ships in there.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
Hacking sites spawn reinforcements sleepers following the death of any guarding sleepers.

Bs sleepers are near autospawned if their associates are engaged by a cap ship (carrier etc). (Rumour possibly, but mentioned on SHC)

Turrets are mean, but sleepers themselves seem to have a limited range of 100km for weaps free. Smaller for the missile throwers.

Do the gas sites etc spawn npcs at all?

Havent found those sites yet in my early forays so cant answer that myself.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
gas clouds and belts didnt have any spawns initialli i decloaked to see if theyd warp in but nothing happened, doesnt mean that some wont come along at some point ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 10:09:09 PM »
So, Im looking at a buffer tanked Drake for these :)

118k EHP and a volley damage of 2k or so with faction ammo :D

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »
It appeared to be a Wolf Rayet type W-space system - C2 or C3.
Sleepers appear to spawn like belt rats at the mining sites - every 15 mins or so.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
Last night a few brave souls entered a WormHole just a couple of jumps away from the Z30 POS system.
The WH was close to the end of it's life but was an easy one on the simple scale of 1 to 3 - not much time - but they decided to risk it.
Gankor, the scout and probing pilot, cloaked and orbited the WH to keep an eye on it and 2 Drakes and an Ishtar warped to the first anomaly to see if the natives were awake.

An initial spawn of 2 frigs and 3 cruisers appeared on the overview - blinking red and buzzing like a swarm of angry wasps disturbed while feeding on a jar of honey - they quickly engaged our small troop.  Their lazers, while beautiful to see, had little effect while drones and missiles made shirt shirft of their armor and hull.  As the last fell an emergency distress beacon went out to their comrads and 2 cruisers and a Battleship arrived on grid within seconds while the gang reloaded and checked their weapons.  The gang quickly set optimal flight paths to reduce the dmg as the hostile BS quickly primaried one of the ships and let loose a barrage of missiles.  They hit harder than angry bully that missed their morning coffee, but tanks held strong and friendly missile sank deep into the hostile cruisers - quickly removing them from the arena. Within miniutes the last Sleeper Battleship was left and all weapons firing - his tank melted like butter on hot toast.

Breathing a sigh of relief and confident in their ship configurations - the gang started to gather their hard won trophies before moving onto the next Sleeper nest in the system.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »
nice write-up  8)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 04:02:38 PM »
nice write-up  8)

hes not told you the best bit yet

LOST IN SPAAAAACEEEE!!!!!  :)