Author Topic: All change!!! (KASEI & MAADI going forward)  (Read 1520 times)

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
All change!!! (KASEI & MAADI going forward)
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »
So summers nearly over and Im back playing EVE (amongst other things) and increasing my account totals again!  With the end of the summer for us comes many changes, most notably a decision to leave Fountain and our current alliance, Event Horizon.

MAADI is leaving Event Horizon for a variety of reasons, mainly some of us having deep misgivings about the alliance leadership and overall lack of direction from them, and no opportunity to give any input; The choice to leave Fountain has built into this due to the massive changes to the renter agreements and limits on ratting, so leaving EH but staying in Fountain would not have worked for us.  We wont be going to another alliance just yet, we are instead setting up shop down towards Great Wildlands, in the Derelik region.  I hope we can get mining done, roaming and missioning back on track once more, and find our feet on our own again, in NPC 0.0 space and its border lands.  We will continue to build carriers hopefully to keep our income going as well as get into Wormholes for T3 - Temon is proving they can be done solo, so imagine what a group can do!

The things we in MAADI need to do are:

Move shit out of Fountain;
Get an office in Derelik Hisec and probably one in a quiet backwater low-sec too;
Work on gang setups we can fly that complement each other;
Do wormhole stuff;
Find corps to mission with locally for refining standings and that juicy level 4 income;

KASEI, as you all know recently formed its own alliance (as I wanted to play with alliance tools mainly).  I am looking to get several things going within KASEI, than can benefit MAADI in the long run:

Continue to serve all of MAADI's research needs (Potential to do T3 in future from WH adventures);
Gain access to Providence - reasonably safe 0.0, mining isnt that good, but its an option as the corp contains a few well skilled miners;
House my Rorqual & JF pilot;
Thanks to potential Providence access, it can act as a place for people who want to try 0.0 "safely" and when it gets access to intel channels in the region, get us knowledge for roams in MAADI;
Sell Capital Component BPC's as an extra income stream (however small) for MAADI - maximising use of the BPO's it holds on our behalf;
Get an office in the same lowsec MAADI does - to help with long range logistics;

I trust as many of you as possible will still be along for the ride at this time of change and should you have ideas then feel free to post and we'll get on them if we can!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:44:15 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: All change!!! (KASEI & MAADI going forward)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »
ok, a few things that came to mind

- with renting space/alliance fees no longer an issue, will ppl that went to KASEI move back to MAADI (to keep heat off KASEI and prevent wardecs -> POS kills)?
- I took a look at the contract market for BC/BS BPCs: the price for these is pretty ok: 5-20M for full run BPCs, will KASEI sell these too?
- following the last point: will BPOs that went to MAADI (fountain) move back to KASEI?
- and: (where) will production take place?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:55:11 AM »
I'd suggest having the production close by in derelik. Should be some low sec place there where we can build carriers for example.

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:09:54 AM »
ok, a few things that came to mind

- with renting space/alliance fees no longer an issue, will ppl that went to KASEI move back to MAADI (to keep heat off KASEI and prevent wardecs -> POS kills)?
- I took a look at the contract market for BC/BS BPCs: the price for these is pretty ok: 5-20M for full run BPCs, will KASEI sell these too?
- following the last point: will BPOs that went to MAADI (fountain) move back to KASEI?
- and: (where) will production take place?

1. I may move a miner back - although I may not :)

2. Not a bad idea - extra income is extra income;

3.  I am not looking forward to hunting thru all our returned BP's to find the originals, but it'll be worth it related to the above;

4. MAADI's everyday production can take place within its own offices as you dont need amazing skills to build T1  - Carriers can be done in a nearby lowsec as Hrod suggests.  KASEI will have its own production (tieing into my invention "fun" and so on);

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:45:26 AM »
I could always start linnea down the production path to get more producers.
Mainly production eff that needs iirc.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 07:02:18 AM »
3. I don't mind to do it.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »
3. I don't mind to do it.

I love you so much :D

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »

mangs a half decent builder, just needs more buildy skills :)

So feel free if you want to move Linnea down that route, mang will probably go along too.

consta is a great builder do - Will stay in KASEi but will happily build stuff :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:41:33 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »

it is indeed id advise 3 + for ammos etc and full 5 before you build anything bigger than a frig :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
Just something ive noticed recently...

We all seem happier at leaving 0.0 and the alliance.  Numbers are up slightly, people are more chatty and so on.  Shame it came to late to keep the attrition we have suffered, but thats just one of those things.

And super positive from it - Zig is now in GK!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »
End of summer probably affects as well.
But yes, it isn't "damn if something happens I'll have to sit for 4h in pnq doing polonaises".
And "run run pos needs fuel people hunting me..."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »
And super positive from it - Zig is now in GK!
Cool!!  ;D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »
id probably have stayed if you guys had decided earlier :(

sad but true ;)

safe flying and kick some arse !!
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)