Author Topic: [Shalbatana Systems] <MERIH> Alliance Created  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
[Shalbatana Systems] <MERIH> Alliance Created
« on: June 20, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
KASEI Technologies is pleased to announce the creation of the Shalbatana Systems alliance today.

A place for any alt or friends corps to come under the banner and further any goals we may have in eve.

And somewhere for me to play with alliance tools!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: [Shalbatana Systems] <MERIH> Alliance Created
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »
grats!  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:15:26 PM »
KASEI Technologies is pleased to announce the creation of the Shalbatana Systems alliance today.

A place for any alt or friends corps to come under the banner and further any goals we may have in eve.

And somewhere for me to play with alliance tools!

eh?
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
Basically im an alliance leader now on an alt ;D

KASEI Tech runs an alliance. 

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »
So, with a lot of mining and industrial folks in KASEI, will KASEI be doing production also? i.e. will KASEI become a hisec division of MAADI? (not formally ofc, cause KASEI is mang's  ;) but in effect?)
just to bring some order in my head  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »
So, with a lot of mining and industrial folks in KASEI, will KASEI be doing production also? i.e. will KASEI become a hisec division of MAADI? (not formally ofc, cause KASEI is mang's  ;) but in effect?)
just to bring some order in my head  :)

well as some of Maadis miners and ofc Constantine are now in Kasei this could be a probability....Discuss :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »
I wouldnt see why not ([edit]I WOULD see why not[/edit])

It wouldnt be difficult if it werent for intracorp and intercorp money- and material flows.

- Who will benefit from profit made by KASEI (it is mang's corp after all)
- Will KASEI setup purchase programs
- Will there be intercorp purchase programs (salvage for instance)
- Who owns what BPO/BPCs?
- Who will set it all up and will he (mang ;D) like this?
- etc.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »
Im of the view that everything KASEI does benefits MAADI - be it research or copying or invention - in some way or another.  Ideally I'd like to be able to plow any large profits KASEI makes into MAADI, while ensuring that KASEI can purchase what it needs to for its staffers to utilise - be it npc fuel goods, bpo's for copying etc etc - going forward.  However I currently have no thoughts on how to utilise KASEI as a profit making tool (I did, but I have let those ideas fall by the wayside), and so for now profit is the furthest thing from my mind.

Having MAADI's more expensive BPO's sitting in a related corp, away from the fallout of policital issues in 0.0 and potential empire war-decs that often happen to 0.0 alliance's (as a way to harass their logistics), is also a great thing - especially as right now KASEI holds roughly 6billion isk in BPOs if not more* (My math may be off a touch). Which if in MAADI's possesion could fall foul to war and so on, or given the current difficulties on moving assets to 0.0 could be sitting languishing in a can somewhere not actually doing anything for MAADI, when even copying and research is a boon.  As to ownership of the BPO's - all MAADI's, even the rather amazingly expensive ones I have recently purchased for the corp from my own funds, with KASEI just working on them and KASEI's staffers doing what they need to with them.

KASEI may set up programs of sorts, but for now the corp is relying on charitable assistance in the form of donations of TIME. I do it already - in fact I do it for two corps - with my ice miners. If anything was to be setup it would be a way to provide small isk amounts to the researchers (except mine of course) for their time, and maybe a small cut of any profits generated from their work, either paid to them or their MAADI characters.

Basically, after the move to 0.0 started for MAADI, I decided to use KASEI to prevent us keeping all our eggs in one basket run by germans who have their strings in PL's hands, as frankly I have little trust for either party, and should PL decide to reset the rest of EVE, then Fountain would become "fun" very fast.

As for KASEI becoming the hisec arm of MAADI - not in my lifetime.  A hisec sister that does certain tasks yes, but not a hisec home for people full stop.  It will always, for me at least, be a corp that does some of the backroom work for MAADI. Not a corp in its own right and that is how I treat it, it fulfils a role I am happy with, and does not need its existing functions complicated by full-time mission runners and such joining it. Theres just too many issues with cashflows between the corps if that should happen, and the corp ui sucks so hard to do what would work, is nigh impossible right now until it gets an overhaul.

*KASEI being in <MERIH> also helps keep down war-decs quite a bit, as people are less inclined to drop 50mill on a declaration.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:41:46 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »
As for KASEI becoming the hisec arm of MAADI - not in my lifetime.  A hisec sister that does certain tasks yes, but not a hisec home for people full stop.  It will always, for me at least, be a corp that does some of the backroom work for MAADI. Not a corp in its own right and that is how I treat it, it fulfils a role I am happy with, and does need its existing complicating by mission runners and such joining it. Theres just too many issues with cashflows between the corps should that be how things went.
Could you elaborate on this a bit? I think I know what you mean (and it meets my expectancies of how you would see it, which is quite ok with me), but I don't understand it fully really, and I would like to.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
Ive edited it 4 times, and cannot get it say what i want too properly, but I'll try.

Basically, KASEI while having the appearance (and lately the new members) of a hisec department of the MAADI machine with all that entails (basically MAADI's early days after you folks joined but with a pos), is not what I want for the corp. I want it to retain the status it has now: the secure copying/research/invention section of MAADI, away from politics, away from germans and away from 0.0 in the "relative" safety of Empire Space.

While it could easily become a hisec MAADI, it brings with it too many hassles and I know eventually I'd turn away from corp or the other because of this.  Hassles such as Hangar Access for mission runners, taxation (Being taxed on a char in one corp is enough, let alone having a mission runner taxed just for doing afk stuff in hisec in an "alt" corp), what percentage of funds to keep for each corp and so on and so on and so on. The UI can help with some of this, but overall its more of a hinderance and since its the only way to do it....

Over time, as people skill their KASEI alts/odd mains and so on for bright futures, I'd like to see them return to the MAADI fold and put their experience to work for the main corp if you will.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:57:49 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »
Ok, so if I understand right: a gunless corp (was going to say a gunless MAADI, but figured you'd yell at me then)

Correct me if I'm wrong: research and industry(?????): yes, all the rest: no

or...
While it could easily become a hisec MAADI, it brings with it too many hassles and I know eventually I'd turn away from corp or the other because of this.
are you 'shy'(whats the correct word) about production too, as it will without a doubt turn into hassle with: miners -> ore <-> isk <-> industrialists -> products

or am i making an unneeded fuss about matters?  :-X

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
You have it right basically :) Research and some light industry, no massive scale projects that would require huge amounts of funding or detract from MAADI's efforts and the efforts of its few active members.

As Ive said, i'd love for people to eventually return to the MAADi fold, but when they feel ready and conditions suit them - ie when the germans pull their fingers out and dont fuck its memberbase about etc etc.

On the matter of production, in some cases it is necessary - the production of items required for invention is best done in house than having stuff done off the market which is a cost outlay I'd like to avoid.  As for any materials, my miners can take of that gratis and I'd hope those doing invention would see the value in doing it for themselves with no costs to what is an offshoot after all.  Production for profits sake, I'd love to leave to MAADI over time - be it caps or whatever comes of actions taken in KASEI.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »
Ok, clear and good  :)

What sparked a great deal of my chatter is that i was wondering about Mac (and more miners now iirc) who have massive amounts of ore lying around in hisec. With some MAADI production folk having become KASEI production folk (or research folk) there is no real turnover for those mins. So was wondering how we could put those mins to a good use (other than Mac selling it on market and getting richer than is good for him :D). Now KASEI seems the less than optimal way to do this, I was thinking we might do it through contracts: MAADI sells ore/mins off Mac and other miners, asks stuff to be built by hisec (KASEI) production folk and contract stuff back.

Something like that?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
Shoulds like it would work :)

Hell MAADI has a MASSIVE Stock of mins in hisec :D

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »
The minerals I have in hi sec are there for Maadi to use. Im only hording them as id rather save them for the corp than sell them on the open market.
As and when i have jump clones and ships in Fountain for my miners ill happily start mining there as well.
All updated BPO's and T2 copies i get out of my current work within Kas will be coming across to maadi anyway. 
Oh and me rich? i wished. Most of my cash i got from last months mining binge whent on 60 days GTC's to keep my accounts running, im back below 500 mill again  ;/
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!