Author Topic: Incursion stuff  (Read 9249 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion stuff
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
Btw if you can't see any incursions you have to clear the cache in game.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
had an appointment I'd forgotten about, so couldnt be there  :-[
tomorrow's my day off though  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
Seems that in incursion sites and what not its the bigger gang that gets the rewards as long as they are within the size recommendation for the site. Oh and logis may be a bad idea - they are dieing by the bucket loads, as are lots of other ships - some of which are having loot ninjad by smaller guys.

For the smaller gang sites, AF's may work - use bursts of MWDs rarely to keep sig down - as they have good resists even after the incursions reduce them (obviously as their influence goes down, the resists return to normal), which should work well against the torp spamming friggys and the logi style cruisers they have on hand.

Im trawling all the threads - inc the whiny ones - I can on this as theres alot of info being put out there now.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »
And armor>all it seems - free up middle for webs/scrams which really helps kill the friggys as they go 3.3k normally.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »
a-hacs with that low sig radius ganglink t3 perhaps is the optimal??
As for logis, if we assume they work as sleepers they will target the remote reppers quickly. So it is probable you need to have multiple guardians/basis to make it work well?
Perma remote rep the other logi while dps kills?
Possibly with RR fitted on dps (if battleships at least) to help if damage gets too high...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
Here comes the story of the brave men, women and internet spaceship captains who yesterday SHOOT SNASHAS, and the reason i only got three hours of sleep last night

Our fleet started out during the afternoon when the patch had finally gone live with some random gangs of people, nobody really had a solid idea of what to expect so some ships where lost before I could even get on to laugh at the pilots in question
We had planned to bring armor tanked pulsebaddons and logis + support to deal with fast frigs and what not in order to try the sites out, and that is what we did

After dicking around and being useless for a while, we finally sorted out our fleet containing no less then three abandons, one typhoon, two zealots, three guardians as well as a webbing loki and hurricane (who proved quite invaluable due to frigates having lots of hp/being rr’ed/going really fast)
Having sorted vent out we decided to try some easy-medium type of sites, so we chose one of them that had some hacking in it and warped our massive golden e-peens to some plex

The night started off perfectly, since six of the seven sites we warped in to had lots of wreak-fields from previous fleets attempts at taking on the scary spacesanshazombietenchothings (skillbooks and t2 loot everywhere!)
Even better was when one fleet consisting of armor BS, shield-ravens, drakes and cap-mirroring domis supported by frigs decided to warp into the site we where doing (without logis of their own)
We however decided not to try to remote repair them in order not to break their focus or ruin the great plan they had, being naturally helpful and considerate and all
They then proceeded to lose some stuff and all run way

After blazing through a bunch of the medium sites we realized that we were way to cool for school, and literary the boss of the internets
By this time, a lot of people had corpmates starting to log on to provide more potential shiops, so we re-organized the fleet in order to be able to take on one of the bigger 20 man Assault sites
At first, I was worried (ok, zergl was worried I was just amused) about the potential damage that the sites themselves could dish out, while we where forming up there was a public fleet being gathered in the incursion channel, and they where loosing ships like they where RP’ing the goddamned soviets in Stalingrad
While we did not have eys/pay attention that closely, they must have lost more then 50 ships trying to rush through and do a site similar to the one we where planning on taking

However, in order to not replicate their disaster we decided to be clever and grabbed a total of 6 guardians, one br0neiros (trackinglinks aww ye) four abandons, two typhoons, a tempest (wololo) as well as the previous webbing hurricane and a second loki-buddy to assist the one we already had
We also grabbed a random scorpion, which had never before been in a armor-gang for moral support as well as some random ECM

Once formed we went for one of the sansha command things since it was rated “SCARY FOR LIKE 20 GUYZ”
It already had about 10 wreaks in it (bs, bc) from a previous less-then-successful attempt, we took this as a good sign

The objective seemed to be to assassinate zergls guardian by getting it alpha’d, and I did the best I could to achieve this by roleplaying a general rubbish guardian (some theories of me being shit at dualboxing was thrown around, but lies I tell you, lies!)
However, my fleet did not get the memo and did instead decided to rp logistical spaceheros of internet competence, so we went for the secondary objective of assassinating the sansha slave commander instead

The first wave did strain our tank a bit, but s soon as we got the repchain going it was fairly easy sailing, however when the initial smoke and respawns cleared we noticed that some of the npc crusier and bs were being dicks
They where long range sniping support and all stayed at 130-150km while doing full damage, meaning that we could only do one thing:
We went full fucking Benny Hill on the cowardly snipers in order to hit them with our swords!

After a glorious chase (we also conscripting a tachybaddon with a total lolfit, but that did not help) we finally chased down the last of the snipers and by doing that triggered the respawn of the last wave, together with the slave commander
At first we where doing fine, the last wave had lots of superdps ships fitted with derpguns, but our logistics kept up just fine through the initial vollies
Until that is they noticed the scorp and decided to primary the shit out of it
Our scorp, who was being repped by four of the guardians, quickly made a demonstration of how it would look to put a icecream behind a jet engine and started to melt, but since he was sort of new to the gang stuff he did not know where the broadcast-button was and went “poof”
He shall forever be remembered for this heroic death/spectacular explosions!

After the scorp had melted we were able to kill of few of the BS and finally focus down the Sansha slave boss thing, I took a screenshot to be able to frustrate the guys who logged and missed all the excitement
Also, when it died the sanshas decided that a break was in order, and just like real players fled the field, leaving us feeling superior, :smug: and generally great about ourselves (well, not the scorp, but it was ok anyway since he had left vent by now)

In short, Incursions are pretty awesome and provide not only a really lethal PVE environment (2k+ dead people after a few hours in the incursion systems, and mostly from groups who failed sites) but also a reason to gang up and do manly things without having to find people to kill, something that was missing from eve as a whole before (while still ofc having tons of potential for greifing and pewpew)

Also, lots of love to the random guys that partook in our heroic attack, did not expect you to not only be good at the game but also be generally pleasant people to fly with, I would most defiantly do it again

Therefore, after our first try at it I feel I must give it the Muffins stamp of approval

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 06:06:50 PM »
Incursions come in four levels, Easy, medium (you want like three logis to tank them), hard (the one the big text is about) and batshit-crazy
AFAIK the hard ones compare to c5/c6 sites pretty well in terms of damage, but with more EW and sneeky bullshit done by the npc's (100km+ sniper bs) and electronic warfare to really screw with your repchain, as well as the sites having some interesting objectives and requirments

The last site of the incusion (made for about 50 people) may be a lot more scary then even high end c6 stuff, but we won't know for sure untill someone tell us what is in them (and lose their fleet in the process)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
Regards hacs, i was thinking the same for the smallest sites - or af's if hacs have issues there.  No logis should be needed for the smallest sites if people are all in similar boats and we focus shit down rather than go all l4Blockade hero or something ;)

Then yeah the Vanguards (2nd yeah?) hacs and so on. Would need more of a base of folks to join us for any of these and over, rather than pugs from local in their pimped mission ships which I'd happily loot and run from when they die. Maybe rope some of the BC guys into stuff too?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »
I'm only worried the small sites might have a bit to piss poor rewards ;) but to start with sure.
Not that I own either a hac or a af :P only a few ceptors etc.

Still incursions going on close to kasrasi btw ;) so if people want we could look at it or go feck with people doing them :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »
Havent seen much info on the ships ppl encounter though. Let's make our own list:

Subject: Prototype Nation Vessel (ID:Intaki Colliculus)

Military Specifications: Battleship-class vessel. Primary role is remote logistics support. Medium range shield transfer capabilities. Low microwarp velocity. Defensive systems have been significantly enhanced.

Additional Intelligence: There were no reported civilian abductions from the invasion of Intaki IV. The Intaki identifier is yet further evidence supporting the theory that not all abductees were accounted for. The Colliculus identifier suggests the vessel plays a central role in the integration of various data throughout the Nation’s greater network.

Synopsis from ISHAEKA-0067. DED Special Operations.
Authorized for Capsuleer dissemination.

Subject: Prototype Nation Vessel (ID: Niarja Myelen)

Military Specifications: Frigate-class vessel. Primary role is long range ECM support and medium-range energy warfare. Moderate microwarp velocity. No known weapons systems.

Additional Intelligence: Est. 70,000 civilian abductions from Niarja VII. The Myelen identifier suggests a developmental state. Other, more advanced Nation prototypes may have originated from this design.

Synopsis from ISHAEKA-0039. DED Special Operations.

Subject: Prototype Nation Vessel (ID:Romi Thalamus)

Military Specifications: Cruiser-class vessel. Primary role is damage dealing. Moderate microwarp velocity.

Additional Intelligence: There were no reported civilian abductions from the invasion of Romi III. The Romi identifier is yet further evidence that unreported abductees may have been incorporated into these new vessel prototypes, and into the Nation as a whole. The Thalamus identifier suggests a unifying role between the cruiser-class prototypes and other hull classes, similar to the Arnon Epithalmus. Notable is the higher number of known cruiser-class vessels, and that the identifiers of each belong to the forebrain. This pattern highlights a structural shift away from battleship-led squadrons, or at the least, an equality of function and responsibility between battleship and cruiser variants.

Synopsis from ISHAEKA-0051. DED Special Operations.

Subject: Prototype Nation Vessel (ID: Uitra Telen)

Military Specifications: Cruiser-class vessel. Moderate microwarp velocity. Limited weapons systems.

Additional Intelligence: Est. 210,000 civilian abductions from VII. The Telen identifier suggests an oversight role amongst other Cruiser-class variants, or that other, more advanced prototypes may have originated from this design.

Synopsis from ISHAEKA-0055. DED Special Operations.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:55:14 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
Me and saf went around to look for some scout sites, but the staging system is empty :( huge amounts of vanguard sites around though.
And our towers in bim is running low on fuel in 2 days ;) bim is a vanguard site btw.

So if we want to do anything we need to be a bit more organized and set a time i think so people can get online if they want to ;).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 09:10:36 AM »
I'm only worried the small sites might have a bit to piss poor rewards ;) but to start with sure.
Not that I own either a hac or a af :P only a few ceptors etc.

Still incursions going on close to kasrasi btw ;) so if people want we could look at it or go feck with people doing them :)

Im looking at the smaller sites, as internally we dont have the numbers of pilots, for the larger sites - which is why I also suggested throwing such out to BC - maybe even R-FED & B-REP (people here understand fleets and broadcasts and fleet behaviour) too, get the numbers that way - hopefully there is enough smaller sites that the lp (The isk is a side effect here tbh, its the LP that will prove more lucrative in the long term) will mount up sharpish. As while I can fetch a logi to (Could fetch 2 if dual boxing logis wouldnt end me given the severity of this content) vanguards, you are looking at 2 maybe even 3 guardians (Solo guardians are no good, cap chains are needed for good logistics support as is Logi V) and a bunch of high dps armor boats, then obviously for assaults we will need twice as much again: 5-6 logis and many deeps.

Then theres the fact that most of you probably wont be able to afford to replace the numbers of lost ships if we take on more than we can chew with underpar fits/fleet comps (not all of us are skilled into all 4 races reasonably well - even me Im lacking in the odd area - on 1 char let alone multiple and multi boxing in these isnt really recommeneded). Im thinking of your wallets after all.

Yes its possible to group with folks from the special local channels setup for these. but tbh so many mouthbreathers in pve mode out there it would hurt too much. See:

Then theres the fact that some ships will have to gimp themselves to fit hacking mods etc - as some of the sites have certain triggers that need hacking and what not, or in one case I have seen, a tower needs hacking and suddenly the site gets easier (35 guys sitting in a site not working this out). So sticking with the smaller sites/blagging the BC folks probably works best.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:34:01 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
Me and saf went around to look for some scout sites, but the staging system is empty :( huge amounts of vanguard sites around though.
And our towers in bim is running low on fuel in 2 days ;) bim is a vanguard site btw.

So if we want to do anything we need to be a bit more organized and set a time i think so people can get online if they want to ;).

To clear it enough to make the constellation uncynojammed would take much more than 2 days and alot of sites ran by alot of people, not just 4 guys in whatever they had handy.