Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 20664 times)

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
Planetside 2
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »
Has anyone got Ps2 yet and if so what are you going to be (TR NC VR ) and what will your name be

NC - Tiberian3
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
Stopped playing beta now until launch. But will be playing NC, and name will probably be Chug, unless I think of something clever and witty. Nah itll probably be Chug.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »
There's sides?
And apparently everyone is going NC?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
Going NC to play in euroland.

VS to play on one of the US East servers - will be dragging RvB PS2ers along for that ride.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »
Any chance of a beginner's introduction evening?
Apart from you guys apparently wanting to join an NC rebel faction, I have no clue what the poop's going on with this game.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »
Loads of humans on a ship stranded from earth. They have a big lover's tiff, some leader gets significantly deader than he was previously, factions form, a planet is found...NC are rebels, Terran are Nazis and Vanu found a load of Alien shit and now run around thinking theyre Predator. Bout it really.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »
What's so good about NC then?
And can you spawn close to eachother?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:49:17 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 09:01:54 AM »
NC have the attitude. They stand for freedom, whereas the Terran is more of a dictatorship/commy regime. The Vanu are pretty cool, advanced tech etc, but they use energy/laser type weapons. For me it has to be real bullets. Full metal jacket, baby. No functional differences, it's all about what you want to stand for ingame.

You can train into leadership and get squad beacons to deploy on a cooldown, so the whole squad can spawn together. You can spawn at any facility/outpost you own and you have a choice of which one to spawn at. As you usually own the region next to the one you are fighting for, you are never too far away from your buddies you are fighting with

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »
NC MAX suits also have the bext look.  Kinda like an armoured Ripley+loader suit.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
Pretty sure all their shit will go offline after the countdown ends, but let me know what server we're on!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
You need to uninstall the beta client first and install release client.

PS2 site died so use steam - log out then log back in if it errors.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:14:47 PM »
Yeah PS2 site is getting faceraped for the next hours. Read on their twitter that you can Steam it. No beta for me, so downloading that shizzat on the steamizzle at 5.6 mb/s.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
Any clue on how to solve the 1001-uninstall error in Vista? I dont have a SOE folder anywhere in my C:\Users dir and/or cant find npsoeact.dll anywhere on my computer  :P
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »
I had the same. Just delete the entire planetside 2 beta folder  :)

worked a treat for me, now installing.

Keep me updated on server. Pandion Knights are joining as Vanu, so would be awesome if you join the same server as them. That way I can play with you guys AND give them some pasty.

EDIT: PK have joined server 'Miller'. Care to join me in some Vanu genocide?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:17:11 PM by Chug »