Author Topic: Chicken run  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Chicken run
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:13:36 AM »
Have you people done the chicke run quests near Michel Delving? Looking for worms, talking to chicken, trying to rally dogs and whatnots to fight against wolves, all that when you are transformed into a level 1 chicken.

I had quite a blast yesterday doing the initial chain :)  Then started the quest to Rivendell. Got to Trollshaws. Succeeded to dodge a couple nasty places, got to the valley-path leading to Rivendell, started up Fraps so that I would be able to capture the glorius moment when I get to see Rivendell, did jump over a rock and *SNAP* a wolf ate me. Waaaaaaah... :'(

That big bad wolf came from nowhere. It was so close, snif...

Have to try it again some day. It took about half an hour to run from Michel Delving to where I croaked, so not too horrible time waste.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken run
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:03 AM »
every now and again Honvik arranges a server wide chicken run to Rivendell , so funny watching 30 chickens running along the road :)

last one was a few weeks ago and out of 36 starters about 4 made it, it is that hard ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »
Its the only part of the ckickhen series ive never done. - sure is hard work!

My brother on the other hand, even got a special cloak for it :(
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gorphin

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »
Its changed a lot since it was first put into the game, when it was there at the beginning chickens has a feint spell, that would make you look like a dead chicken so the mobs in the trollshaws and the high moor just before rivendell would think you were dead and would then ignore you, it didn't have a cooldown and could be constantly spamed, they seem to have removed that spell last time I tryed it.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »
another chicken event has been organised by honvik

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354651
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
I'll have to see which ones ive done already :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Hmmm... I would sign for this, but damn it I can't remember my login details  ???