Author Topic: Skirmishes  (Read 22836 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Skirmishes
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 01:07:22 AM »
Btw, sheesh I hate those fire-breathing bird lieutenents. All the other lieutenants I can Riddle and thus have easy time, but not the bird :(

read the buffs they ahve, they gain power for every mob near them so take care of that lieutenant last, where as the deathbringers need killed first as NOTHING can die whilst they are on the field.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »
Are the "Bounty: Footman" items needed for something, or can I sell them safely? They seem to stack up, and I've not found any use for them, but the vendor price for them seems to be nice...

the "bounty" stuff is to cover repair bills basically sell it, the footman/ esquire marks are for trading for skirmidh marks, the campaign marks are needed for other stuff and therefor more valuable.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 09:15:44 AM »
read the buffs they ahve, they gain power for every mob near them so take care of that lieutenant last, where as the deathbringers need killed first as NOTHING can die whilst they are on the field.
I know the buffs, and the thing with the bird is that I can't mezz it, so it has to be tanked while taking care of the others.

Things can be killed while the deathbringer is around just fine :)  Riddle the dethbringer, pull the others away (so that they are outside the deathbringers aura; the aura doesn't have a big area even, and the purplish-grey gfx shows the boundaries fine, just pull the mobs slightly outside that) and things go smooth as butter :)  Incidently I've taken the habit to pull mobs always away from the riddled lieutenant, as the lieutenants have other buffs too, plus there is no risk of breaking the mezz accidently *and* I have more time to riddle again if needed (the 30 second riddle has a 30 second cooldown).

Can't wait to get home (late today :) )and back to doing skirmishes :p

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 12:39:51 PM »
bahh my riddle is my Halberd ;) stick that up their arse and they wont be doing much for long ;)

and as im at home today skirmishes sound fun :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:33 AM »
You know what the coolest thing about skirmishes is? It's this:

That's the Indiana Jones hat, or officially called "Adventurer's Hat", is a cosmetic item which can be purchased with 3 Adlan markers. You get Adlan markers from the skirmishes "Thievery and Mischief", "Prancing Pony" and "Barrow-downs".

I must have one for my burglar. I *must* have one for my burglar!
And yesterday Fitzer got it :)   Ran the Bree skirmish (Mischief&Thievery) twice to get it. I am very happy, looks even cooler than I thought it would :)

Have to say M&T is the hardest skirmish I've taken part in so far (the others being Weathertop and Gondamon). First run I died to the very first counter-attack, got swarmed by wolves and robbers (second time I figured out the problem; I think I got both the counterattack wave and the mobs right inside Bree (patrolling around the AH area) as on second run I stayed well clear of the gate and got a much smaller wave) and the lieutenenat resisted the Riddle, while I was gaping on the scene and forgot about my HIPS... Despite croaking there I pushed through the skirmish, although the first elite encounter ("You hear rustle of armour" or something like that) nearly killed me despite using the Man racial heal (but this time I did remember to HIPS to clear all aggro when I was having a near death-experience). On second run things went *much* smoother, and the end-boss is ridiculously easy compared with the encounter elites (just open up with an Aimed Well placed strike, and then stun the boss and then just kill the banner when he drops that -> fight lasts very few moments).

In other news, I am very happy with my Bannerguard. He is rank 6 all round (ie level 48 equivalent), which did cost quite a bit (buying stuff above your own level costs extra), but he is now very good for my burg. He can tank easily several mobs (and I help him with the AoE Dust in Eyes, which is just great for solo skirmishes btw), he gains initial aggro fast (with his healing shout), and the aggroing strike he has lets him hold aggro very well when I aid him with Provoke; I can go medieval on mobs behinds safely, only on lieutenants (and elites) do I usually get aggro after a while (the normal mobs die before they seem to notice I am tickling their behinds).

Today have to focus on the legendaries. The hat was important to get yesterday. When the choice is to look good or have a legendary item, the choice is always to look good  8)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »
congrats (i think :P ) on the hat

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
Ran the Bree skirmish (Mischief&Thievery) twice to get it.
Seems I was very lucky in those two runs to get three campaign marks. I've since completed M&T skirmish four or five times, and not got a single of the campaign marks :o  Then again, I've got more of the markers which can be traded for SM (esquire or whatever they are called), and in my current situation (need moar SM's, lotz and lotz of SM's!) I am not complaining.

Besides, I already have the hat :)

Does anybody know if the skirmish trait for increased incoming healing (ie the one the player character can take) works for stuff like Mischiveous glee (one of the burg self-heals) or healing from food-buffs? I have now the armour skill (basiacally because I got it for free, and none of the skills available made me immediatly start drooling), but the effect doesn't to be that great (although when the bannerguard gives his armour buff I have close to 30% common mitigation in all, which is pretty nice I think).

With lots of small healing going on (bannerguards HoT, Mischieveous glee, food buffs, Clever retort (just 25% chance there to actually get a heal, but it has saved my butt several times; although most of the time I actually pray for the power buff, which lets me go all bananas with skills with zero power issues), Find footing (only usable against the troll lieutenants, as they seem to be the only ones to stun; then again, they also hit like trucks so I am very happy for the extra heal usable against them), not to mention the Man heal (although it still easily heals Fitzer to full health even without any buffing), the improved incoming healing might be much better for a burg (if thing get really hairy, I pop touch&go anyway, and basically don't get hit for a while) than the mitigation from the increased armour?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 11:25:12 AM »
campaign marks do seem to be really random sometimes ill get lots other times absolutely none.

+ incoming heal will certainly affect your self heals not sure about food though.

30% common mit with med armour is good ;)

have you thought about the armour penetration trait? the one that lets you ignore a portion of your opponents armour, id recommend that for any melee dps class.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 11:36:05 AM »
have you thought about the armour penetration trait? the one that lets you ignore a portion of your opponents armour, id recommend that for any melee dps class.
I thought about that, but I don't feel like my damage output is a problem. The normal mobs die fast enough when I get to whack their behinds, and I use aimed (ie autocrit) bleeding attacks on signatures and elites (correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that bleeding dots are not reduced by armour, right?).

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »
I thought about that, but I don't feel like my damage output is a problem. The normal mobs die fast enough when I get to whack their behinds, and I use aimed (ie autocrit) bleeding attacks on signatures and elites (correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that bleeding dots are not reduced by armour, right?).

thats right wound mitigation is seperate resist is seperate

stoopid me you dont mitigate wounds you either resist or you dont ;)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »
The lieutenants and their skills:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Skirmish_Lieutenants

A good read, altough I for one start to be pretty familiar with the ones met in solo skirmishes :)  I still hate the bird-lieutenant, the only one who can not be riddled :p (then again, I found out non of the lieutenents can be riddled in fellowship skirmishes :( ).

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
The lieutenants and their skills:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Skirmish_Lieutenants

A good read, altough I for one start to be pretty familiar with the ones met in solo skirmishes :)  I still hate the bird-lieutenant, the only one who can not be riddled :p (then again, I found out non of the lieutenents can be riddled in fellowship skirmishes :( ).

generally speaking most elites are mezzable, most Elite MAsters arent and ALL Nemesis+ arent mezzable, ofc there are a few exceptions.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:44 AM »
Due to some unforeseen issues, the following skirmishes will be closed down until further notice.

Strike against Dannenglor
Assault on the Ringwraiths’ lair
Trouble in Tuckborough
Battle in the Tower
No wonder I was able to do Tucborough only once yesterday. Was pretty nice (although took a pretty long time, partly because I got lost a couple times on the way; my son did ask me am I stupid as I don't know how to follow a clear path, but it is not that easy...  ::) ), I would have wanted to do it again.

I bet however those trying to complete the epic quests are slightly more annoyed that the skirmishes required are closed now. Can't take very long to get these fixed, I bet.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »
Clever uses of the skirmish system

I admit I've used the biobreak myself, although I did complete the skirmish after the visit to the little boys room (I hate to give up on stuff, so even though I joined that Sul Amon to get to the toilet while being in total safety, I had to complete the skirmish first before porting back to the danger zone :p ).

The one I don't get is about the "victim LI". What does that mean, and what is happening there? Does it mean the item is leveled to 11 to get an increased chance for better relics, or what?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 12:52:02 PM »
by the sound of it all he was doing was leveling them to 2 then breaking them down.

you get better results at 2,11,21,31,etc an getting it from 1 -2 is easy.