Author Topic: Uh-oh, More Mod Removal...  (Read 6817 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Uh-oh, More Mod Removal...
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:20:59 AM »
Just seen this post on the official forums in the Game Test forums:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=696135

Essentially, they're removing all but Modification and Enhancement slots from end game purples.

What this means is, we'll be forced to use the models of gear from end game to remain competitive, and not the fear we like the look of.

I found a kick ass Lightsaber at lvl 16 from the Coruscant commendations vendor. Before the patch, I'd have been able to keep it all the way to lvl 50 and remained up-to-date. Now I can't. Same with armour.

Can we all pile over to the above thread and spam it with what a bad idea this is before the forums go down at 11:00am?

Ta :P

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: Uh-oh, More Mod Removal...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
I would, but I don't really understand what you are getting at? You cant mod non-epic gear?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
Explain to me in simple terms, what exactly is wrong.  The patch note is incredibly badly written.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »
And the OP in that linked thread is not helping either, as he is mangling the language.

However, I found this one: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=697010 which makes a tad more sense.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »
Just seen this post on the official forums in the Game Test forums:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=696135

Essentially, they're removing all but Modification and Enhancement slots from end game purples.

What this means is, we'll be forced to use the models of gear from end game to remain competitive, and not the fear we like the look of.

I found a kick ass Lightsaber at lvl 16 from the Coruscant commendations vendor. Before the patch, I'd have been able to keep it all the way to lvl 50 and remained up-to-date. Now I can't. Same with armour.

Can we all pile over to the above thread and spam it with what a bad idea this is before the forums go down at 11:00am?

Ta :P

- Modifiable Artifact quality items now only feature modification and enhancement slots.

its only Artifact quality items, the only change to them is the removal of the "modulator" mod slot gained from critical crafting success. Its probably a balance issue.  and way to go masses for misinterpreting a clear sentence.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
There are four mod slots in a low end blue Lightsaber.

According to the notes, there's now only two.

I read this as a removal of the colour crystal and hilt slots. This means we can't use the mods from end game items to upgrade our lvl 10 Lightsaber.

Me no likey.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 10:05:25 AM »

I read this as a removal of the colour crystal and hilt slots. This means we can't use the mods from end game items to upgrade our lvl 10 Lightsaber.

Me no likey.

ill tell you later tonight but thats not how im interpreting it and im not going to jump to conclusions until i see it.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
Yeah I think Garry is right. Sounds to me theyre nerfing Raid gear a bit. Removing 2 slots so you cant mod the fuck out of them. The only problem will be if you get lv 50 blue dungeon gear and be able to utilise the extra 2 slots to make them as powerful as raid gear. Probably not the case, though, or they wouldnt have made a balancing fix like this.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »

Me no likey.

ill tell you later tonight but thats not how im interpreting it and im not going to jump to conclusions until i see it.

I really hope you're right dude.

Btw, get on mumble so I can spam you with questions :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »

Me no likey.

I really hope you're right dude.

Btw, get on mumble so I can spam you with questions :D

well testing starts 7pm and if i read correctly my toons wont be deleted after it ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:20 AM »
Where is the fun in that - keeping the characters. (And in before huge rage gets sperged all over the main boards).

Anyway question.  Exactly (in the "wow" vein) what does Artefact level equate too?

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
Where is the fun in that - keeping the characters. (And in before huge rage gets sperged all over the main boards).

Anyway question.  Exactly (in the "wow" vein) what does Artefact level equate too?

Epics.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
cheap

Standard

Premium

Prototype

Artifact

Legendary

Legacy

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »
Is legacy gear like WoW heirlooms?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
Is legacy gear like WoW heirlooms?

no idea only Legcay info released was Legacy surname with more infos soon