Author Topic: Tanking bait Osprey  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Tanking bait Osprey
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:32:21 AM »
Hello, it is I, Leclerc.

Err, no, it is I, Jarkko, with my mad ideas again!

What would you target in a cruiser-frigate fleet? Would you target that scrembling frigate, or that E-war Blackbird, or that Osprey shield-repping them?

Dunno, I'd be a noob and go by the primary rule of any MMO PvP's I've played in: "KILL THE HEALER FIRST, FFS!"

Thus I came up with the idea of a live bait Osprey. There are absolutely zero tanky fits for Ospreys on ze interwebz, prolly because you won't be able to fit much about anything. But you can fit one remote-repper!

Ok, so the ship can't do much except take quite a bit of punishment for being a cruiser. Oh, it can rep 394 shields per 4.5 seconds, which could make a Blacbird or a tackling frigate live for quite a bit longer. With practically zero mobility the last line of defense would be to jump out of the gate (if fighting at a gate), which means one shouldn't take any offensive thingies (like combat or e-war drones, for example; although remote repping drones could be used, but they don't appear to be that great tbh).

Please, do point out all the reasons why this is a stupid idea :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Tanking bait Osprey
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:06:58 AM »
Please, do point out all the reasons why this is a stupid idea  :)
1. Quite an expensive bait ship
2. It should be able to tackle stuff
3. Blackbird would still be a more obvious primary
4. ? There MUST be more  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Tanking bait Osprey
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:49 AM »
Please, do point out all the reasons why this is a stupid idea  :)
1. Quite an expensive bait ship
2. It should be able to tackle stuff
3. Blackbird would still be a more obvious primary
4. ? There MUST be more  ;)
1) If I saw the prices right this mornig, it wouldn't be that expensive really (of course took a look at the price of the stuff I don't have, so that skim ignored the shield reppers and the PCU II's), just the named invulnerability field made me hiccup a bit.
2) If it targets anything hostile, it can't jump out of gates (or log into stations), which is my cunning plan to escape destruction; besides, my idea was that there is somebody else doing the tackling
3) If the Blackbird is within 50km of this Osprey, the Blackbird will recieve 394 shields every 4.5 seconds, which is about 87.6 shields/sec
4)