Author Topic: Rise Of Isengard  (Read 10613 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Rise Of Isengard
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
http://isengard.lotro.com/

So there I was catching up on my gaming news while in the middle of other stuff, and what I do see, but this site.  Looks like they are readying for the next expansion. 

Not that my chars are anywhere near it...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Rise Of Isengard
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »
Turbine announced today The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard, the next expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) will launch its Beta Program on July 27, 2011.  The Rise of Isengard Beta Program is Invite-only, but players across North America and Europe can pre-purchase the expansion to receive special benefits including preferred access to the Beta Program.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
Cannot prepurchase with points, so /care ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:08:21 PM »
Cannot prepurchase with points, so /care ;)

thats what i thought too ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
Points cost is up:

Official Discussion: Isengard LOTRO Store availability and Turbine Point Cost
We know you’ve been waiting for information on when the Rise of Isengard Expansion will be available in the LOTRO Store and what the cost will be. We’re happy to announce that you will be able to purchase and experience Isengard on DAY ONE by purchasing its components from the LOTRO Store using Turbine Points.

The break down below shows you what features will cost and when they will be available. Please be aware that the store doesn’t allow for a ‘pre-purchase’ option so the Expansion instances cannot actually be purchased until they are released as part of Update 5. This is also why they’re not included in any of the bundles listed below.

Isengard Expansion Quests
Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 3250 Turbine Points
Over 375 Quests and more than 40 Deeds for characters level 66-75 in the following regions
Dunland -- Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
Gap of Rohan -- Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
Isengard -- Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.

Raid: Draigoch’s Lair
Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 1250 Turbine Points
Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory

Derudh’s Stone
Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 995 Turbine Points
A permanent pocket item that grants +25% XP on Monster Kills when equipped. This item binds to the purchasing character. Usable by characters level 1-64.

Expansion Instances
Available with Update 5, currently slated for December, for 1495 Turbine Points
One 12-player instance
One 6-player instance
Three 3-player instances

Lol at the combined...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?418174-Official-Discussion-Isengard-LOTRO-Store-availability-and-Turbine-Point-Cost

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
Totals roughly 6k TP (I have nearly 12k right now, but not sure I want to use them for anything past the quest packs) which is about $70.  Cheapest expac on DR is $30.

But DR fucking sucks.

Oh wells, I have plenty of shit to do before I get to Isengard anyways.  Suppose I could see if box copies turn up and then wait for it to bargain bin. Or TP it when the parts get cheaper.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:26:31 PM by Mangala »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »
I've been invited to the Isengard beta.

Not actually tried it yet though.

Anyone else in this?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:25 AM »
I've been invited to the Isengard beta.

Not actually tried it yet though.

Anyone else in this?

Nope. And tbh wouldnt try it if I was, going to be a while before Beo gets close to this content, so /care

Giving up on betas across the board, im bitter enough already without devs making it really easy for me ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
Totals roughly 6k TP (I have nearly 12k right now, but not sure I want to use them for anything past the quest packs) which is about $70.  Cheapest expac on DR is $30.

But DR fucking sucks.

Oh wells, I have plenty of shit to do before I get to Isengard anyways.  Suppose I could see if box copies turn up and then wait for it to bargain bin. Or TP it when the parts get cheaper.

Logic fail.

$70 gets you 6k TP
6k TP wont get you $70.

Buying game with TP will cost you $0. Buying game with $30 will cost you $30
Stop seeing those TPs you accumelated as something that's worth something IRL.

:-*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
True.

Still its annoying to see that sort of points value attached to what Turbine call an expac.

As said though, beo will be ages before he needs any of that content so I'll get it in a sale or something.

Meanwhile, I can keep on with my alts too, to put it off even longer.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »
Fuck it

is rather pay "real" cash and use my points for shit

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
Fuck it

Thing is I dont even use my points for stuff - Ive used a grand total of 495 for a mount for a poor alt when I couldnt be bothered logging a rich char to send the cost over.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
Fuck it

Thing is I dont even use my points for stuff - Ive used a grand total of 495 for a mount for a poor alt when I couldnt be bothered logging a rich char to send the cost over.

shared bank expansions, wardrobe expansions seriously eat up those points.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »
full patch notes

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_4,_Rise_of_Isengard,_Official

TLDR: lots of awesome class changes, lets just hope gameplay gets back to being enjoyable for me.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »
well i can honestly say that prize for "worst deployment ever" goes to ........

TURDBINE, patchers have been up since about 4pm uk and still not able to patch :D retards