Author Topic: Sundays: Mission Night  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Sundays: Mission Night
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:27 PM »
As a very obvious way to get us rolling together over and above impromptu mining operations and the like, I'll be running Mission Nights every Sunday.

We'll be hitting Level 4's with the aim of standings and money! Spacelane will be a priority on these nights, so joining in may mean a small journey, but nothing too long.  I'll also maybe throw in missions with the Caldari Navy & Corporate Police Force too.

I am not going to limit us to ship sizes, as I'd like us all to attend these and get used to flying together as a cohesive unit.  I would like at least one Salvager/Looter along too, to clean up after us, and to ensure that no salvage is lost to either scanners or just laziness. If such nights interest you please come along, also please dont be afraid to organise your own nights/events that can get us working closer together.

The first evening will be tomorrow at 7.00pm.  I will be on Eve Voice for this.  I'll announce the destination later when I have looked through my agents.

Edit: All times are server time. (I'll normally start at 6-6.30, but tomorrow afternoon is busy for me).

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:01:30 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Sundays: Mission Night
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 01:16:02 AM »
Ill be along as Const  i hope Helen can leech standings i.e. sit in dock and do nowt as she needs it for refining abilities ;)

i can come as Ferox for frig /vruiser destroyer or Salvaging buddy whatecer ias required when i sober up :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 05:37:13 AM »
I'll be there with Swuul to practise repping. Also, I could bring Swuliina along to salvage things if needed, but she won't have more than Salvage II tonight (so not sure if she can salvage stuff from L4 missions with just Salvage II).

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 06:00:33 AM »
I can tag along :) Could acctually get into a cane by then (since Rub kindly offered me a dusty spare one he had :) ), only have salvage 1 so doubt I can salvage the wrecks though :(.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 07:18:01 AM »
Nice one guys.

Looking forward to this :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 07:24:11 AM »
The best SPL l4 is at Isinokka V - Moon 2 - Spacelane Patrol Logistic Support.

Quite a ways from our corner of the galaxy, but worth the trip down if people want to make it ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:47:58 AM »
As said ingame, I cant make it tonight, but will be glad to join other times!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 10:21:42 AM »
I'll be there, with both toons. If there is no work for Swuliina, then I can send her back.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »
I'm there by my new shiny :)

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 03:50:48 PM »
I think I can be there... will join in my domi...
Need spacelane standings for refine :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »
Great fun had by all I hope tonight, the logistics provided by Swuul really showed how useful those ships can be (unless you fly a Ferox!) ;)

Im estrimating over between 7 and 9 million earned by most of us?  Thats before Thera deals with the haul of loot and such we also got.

Looking forward to next week already!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:04:49 AM »
Yup :)
But the npc battleships didn't like me :P for some reason they always started shooting at me hehe (thanks swuul for saving my bacon :) )

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
Was fun :)   The easiest time as a healer I've had in any game, altough it sucks somewhat that there is simply no oh-shit buttons available. Ie either the "HoT" to shields is enough, or it isn't. And in Constantines case it wasn't, he was blown up despite me using armor reppers too :(  I am still slightly annoyed I lost Constantines Ferox :(

The most interesting battle from my perspective was one of the last ones where I was juggling between Hrod and Akamine. I kept one beam on each, excpet when the other took spikes and then I focused both beams for a while on him. Would have been easier if I had had three beams.

Salvaging with Swuliina was somewhat stressing though. Some of the drops from the battleships were huge (those size 800 cap boosters... sheesh...) for my Bantam. And to do salvaging while also keeping an eye on Swuul and the battles wasn't the most efficient way. Dunno if that is why have a headache today :p

Next Sunday I should have Swuul's Osprey with three medium reppers, which should make a bit easier to heal through spikes. And I'll have Swuliina in a destroyer, so more than one tractor beam at use for the mopping up :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
Was fun :)   The easiest time as a healer I've had in any game, altough it sucks somewhat that there is simply no oh-shit buttons available. Ie either the "HoT" to shields is enough, or it isn't. And in Constantines case it wasn't, he was blown up despite me using armor reppers too :(  I am still slightly annoyed I lost Constantines Ferox :(

i was surprised i stayed up as long as i did considering what had chosen to take me as primary ;)

plus most of my modules survived, 5K Caldari Navy ammo survived think all i lost was a Large shield Booster II, a malkuth assault launcher and 3 200mm rails. so could have been a lot worse ;)

next tim e i may come in an Osprey as well if its needed , i am skilled for that and Logistics is my plan 44 days or so (curse Cruiser V)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »
So we will have two Basilisks then? Nice! :) 

Two logistic ships in a smallish team (I think our posse has to be classified as pretty smal) seems to at least in the past have been pretty effective (for example check this post).

Also, two Basilisks buffing each other can generate cap from thin air to each other! They get a 50% role bonus to cap transfered, and 15% per level of Logistics, so quite good with higher Logistics skill :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:30:14 AM by Jarkko »