Author Topic: Skills needed for M10 expansion  (Read 8880 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Skills needed for M10 expansion
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 06:15:04 AM »
Sleepers do sound fun, and having to be pretty much pvp fit and travel in packs gives life to small gang stuff once more - especially if you get jumped by another roaming gang ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 10:53:35 AM »
Was wondering: I am about 1.5 month away (considering me training for AF first) from an Interdictor. Should I go there soon, will we need one?
Flying one effectively (decent/good tank, T2 guns) will take me week or two more.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
Was wondering: I am about 1.5 month away (considering me training for AF first) from an Interdictor. Should I go there soon, will we need one?
Flying one effectively (decent/good tank, T2 guns) will take me week or two more.

Yes, yes, yes. Dictor pilots are always needed.
Especially minmatar ones. (Sabre > all other dictors)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
Ok, but will we need one for Wspace or will we need one for 0.0?

i.e. should i give dictor priority over say... HAC (anti-NPC and anti-player muscle in Wspace)

and if so, should i give prio over AF too? (about 1 month in that case)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »
I'm slowly moving towards dictors/hics but it'll be quite some time before I can fly one :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
Dictors are good but more fragile than a HAC.
Generally tanking skills are usable on all ships (although the larger ships require larger modules which tend to have higher skill reqs) - but as you build up the tanking skills it'll help all ships of that class.
A HAC would be a better option initially for W-Space and 0.0 if all is equal in terms of training time.

You'll probably be able to get the AF sooner and it's a good building block for both HAC's and dictors.
A dictor will probably be shorter to get than the HAC as it needs Destroyers V (rank 2 skill) rather than Cruiser V (rank 5) & Assult Ships V (rank 4). 

The biggest overhead with a dictor is not so much the ship but the module you use on the ship - Interdiction Sphere Launcher (Graviton Physics: Sci V, Engineering V & Propulsion Jamming V).
Propulsion Jamming however is a very handy skill - as it allows you to anchor the Mobile Warp Disruptor bubbles!!!

Once you have the dictor and start moving onto Hacs - the other advantage is that you can pick up the Heavy Interdictors pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:58:28 AM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
well, to give you an overview of where i stand atm:

AF: 11d, 20h
Interceptor: 12d, 12h
Interdictor: 26d, 3h
HAC: 51d, 14h
HIC: 57d, 23h
These are skilltimes just to fly the ships, not to fit any spec. modules

Covert Ops incl sideskills: 44d, 15h

T2 small guns @lvl3: <1d
T2 med guns @lvl3 (incl small @4): ~21d

Whole bunch of 2ndary and primary tank and gunskills (approx standard certificates + some neat other skills): ~130d

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »
As the HAC & HIC skills would have overlap with the AF, Interceptor & dictor then you'll see the time needed drop as you get them.

When looking at ships I find it useful to use the ship fits suggested by the battleclinic loadouts built into evemon. 
Find a reasonable fitting and then add them to the skill plan - you'll then get a better idea about what skills you need.
Generally it's better to get the module/supporting skills first before the ship - then you know then when you have lvl 1 of the ship skill - you're ready to hop into it.

The actual ship skill should be to lvl 3 as a minimum - ideally 4.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 01:20:51 PM »
I can't emphasise enough, as a recon pilot how incredibly important DPS dictors like the sabre are.
I can lock down someone from 150KM away, but if you can keep him scrammed, webbed and bubbled AND do DPS, he's toast.

I can't emphasise enough, as a recon pilot how incredibly important DPS dictors like the sabre are.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »
Thanks for your inputs.  :)

I get the slight feeling interdictor could be a wee usefull, so hey, why not go that way first?

-> 61-ish days with interdiction skills
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 01:35:02 PM by Warcold »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 01:44:03 PM »
lol - I think we hear you.
But if he doesn't take into account the reqs for the laucher then he's gonna feel cheated and sore - the laucher isn't an easy skill ride.

Dictors are good - but they have crappy tanks - the Sabre has what? an EHP of 5.5K and a dps of 398 (T1 ammo) and 507 (T2 ammo).  The tank on the Sabre is better than most dictors I think but you'll get more dmg with a flycatcher with 619 (T1 ammo) and 792 (T2 ammo)  - ;)

The AF & Interceptor are good starts and you'll probably see the time for the other ships drop by approx the time it takes to train them.
So for the dictor you'll see the time drop by 10-12 days by going for the AF/Interceptor.

Additionally you'll be able to scam 1 or 2 ships.  The dictor bubble is better as it's AOE and doesn't use any cap once you've dropped the bubble.  But I'd suggest training the launcher before you go for the ship skills as it does take some time.  The added benefit is that the Graviton Physics skills is handy for R&D agents :)

Interdictors along with Interceptors have a fast in-warp speed - which allows you to reach the end-point quicker than most ships to tackle/bubble.  The flip side however is that any support you have in system is likely to land after you have them tackled.  Ideally somebody like vac will arrive, quickly lock and jam them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:22:50 PM by Rubino »

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »
Oh yeah, get grav physics & prop jamming V first
not the other way around.
But as soon as you can, do.

And just in case you didn't get the point ...
I can't emphasise enough, as a recon pilot, how incredibly important DPS dictors like the sabre are.
I can't emphasise enough, as a recon pilot, how incredibly important DPS dictors like the sabre are.

:-)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »
ok, think ill do it this way

- interceptor
- dic sideskills
- dic

if thou approveth

:D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
Ideally somebody like vac will arrive, quickly lock and jam them.

on a sidenote: we dont have vac; do we have somebody like vac?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »
Well there's only one Vac and I find it hard to believe that anybody can be like him :)

Short answer: Yes.