Author Topic: Unpaid (and often unloved) Staff Required...  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Unpaid (and often unloved) Staff Required...
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:14:57 PM »
So looking for people to do some stuff for/on behalf of the corp. Basically because its alot of work for one or two people to do even if that person(s) does enjoy it.

I'll have actual posts detailing whats required for each role later (in this thread), but this is what I'm looking for really:

1. Mining Manager. Basically liase with Production people as to what basic minerals are needed and roughly how much each week (This will change to all minerals as and when we have access to all types of Ore); Will arrange with other miners to reach these targets where possible. Will also be the guy paying out to the miners for minerals contracted to us.

2. Production Manager. Ensures builds under the two programs, plus any "for retail" builds are done by the perfect build able amongst us. Sets out what we need mineral/component wise, will have ability to purchase what we cannot meet internally.

3a. Ships Program (Combat) Manager
3b. Ships Program (Industrial) Manager
Both of these positions are basically just overseer roles over the current stocks of ships (and relevant gear) covered by their respective programs. Keep track of who has purchased what and so on when it comes to the ships we charge a cost for. They shall also have corect access and permissions to purchase BC & BS bpc's for their programs, as well as the same for cruisers were we dont yet own the BPO's.  I'll be managing the insurance side of both programs for the higher end ships covered by them.

4. Trader.  Finds us the best deals - sell./buy on things. Manages our sales of ships etc outside the corp. Does the same for bpc copies etc...  (Possible position I have only just considered).

This is it for now, cant think of anything else right now beyond more people getting FC experience :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:46:02 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Unpaid (and often unloved) Staff Required...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »
1. Mining Manager:

Position will entail managing our mining to ensure we can meet all the Production people's requests for hi-sec (and eventually ALL space) minerals. This will be done by ensuring miners work to their strengths - mine with the best available ships and equipment for the available ores, including the use of crystals - including looking into the provision of the relevent skill books (Exhumers, Ore Type Processing etc etc) so as to have all the miners on the same page.

Ideally the mining manager will organise mining operations and ensure they run smoothly and maximise the take the operation gets, and for getting things refined and moved to the Production venues, as well as payout to the attendee's in a fair manner. They can speak with our Exploration focused chaps and have us ready to take advantage of any ore sites found through that method, as we can then get rarer ores/minerals that way.

Ability to loss-less refine for at least Spacelane Patrol in hi-sec would be an excellent thing for who ever takes on the role, its not a preq for it, but in the long term it is advantageous.

The chosen individual will be given a custom title with all necessary permissions built in - including correct wallet access to allow them to pay to members for ore/minerals contracted to the corp.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 10:24:41 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:17 PM »
2. Production Manager:

Liase with the program managers to see what they need ships wise.
Liase with the traders to see what they want to sell.

Get numbers for required minerals - purchase what cannot currently be provided by miners (or get the trader to purchase).
Request quantities from the mining manager.

Assign a priority to all items/ships.
Build using that priority.

Ideally we will have many builders, all with perfect build skills. And each can be utilised to build certain types of thing, to focus on one type (eventually moving their focus to T2/T3 construction in similar areas).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:37:13 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
Reserve3a. Ships Program (Combat) Manager
3b. Ships Program (Industrial) Manager
Both of these positions are basically just overseer roles over the current stocks of ships (and relevant gear) covered by their respective programs. Keep track of who has purchased what and so on when it comes to the ships we charge a cost for. They shall also have corect access and permissions to purchase BC & BS bpc's for their programs, as well as the same for cruisers were we dont yet own the BPO's.

Color me lazy - but I reckon my initial description covers it :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:18:18 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:38 PM »
4. Trader.

Will undertake all corporate market & contract sales - in addition to sourcing the best deals in bost medium's for things the corp needs. 

Would be best if had all relevant skills to lessen the costs of sales and such like. (List to follow when I check my personal trader).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:17:47 PM by Mangala »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »
I'll happily have a go at one of them. I suppose the mining one would be best as that seems to be the role i do the most at present.

I should point out though that with my work there are times when I get called away and can disappear for anything from 48 hrs to 3 - 4 weeks at a time which could hamper any role i take if it requires regular monitoring.

I'll leave it up to you to decide what / if any role(s) you think may be suitable .

A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 05:48:23 PM »
i could take on the production side of things ;) *sharpens a pointy stick to spear the mining manager with*

we could (should) set up a mail list called , internal comms or such like for interbranch communications.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »
3a would be something i can do
if it's supposed to go along with 3b thats ok with me
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »
3a would be something i can do
if it's supposed to go along with 3b thats ok with me

Seperate, unless someone wants to do both (b could pretty much run itself with minimal care, leaving a person doing both to deal with a, which is the bigger program really).

Thanks for the interest also everyone :)  I'll try to have the "breakdown" posts completed in a while.

Also just added a 4th possible position - trader guy :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:46:21 PM by Mangala »

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 10:06:42 PM »
hmm.. none of these involves  "BLOW SOMETHING UP".

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »
hmm.. none of these involves  "BLOW SOMETHING UP".

more people getting FC experience

Its implicit in those few words ;)

And an organised support infrastructure is vital to a corp especially when it comes to pew pew.

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 02:37:24 AM »
I am definitely interested in 3a, but I have nowhere near the skills (read: no leadership skills) required, obviously I am willing to train but it will take a while. I am sure there are more qualified people.

Also interested in trading but again I need to train for that and there are other more qualified members to do it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:43:11 AM by Aethis »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
I am definitely interested in 3a, but I have nowhere near the skills (read: no leadership skills) required, obviously I am willing to train but it will take a while. I am sure there are more qualified people.

Also interested in trading but again I need to train for that and there are other more qualified members to do it.

I think this role is less about leading gangs but more about ensuring we have the appropriate supplies at hand.
The more people we have to lead gangs (FC) the better - as long as these people understand that:
a) There will be rotation (we want more people to get the experience of running teams)
b) There's no back-seat drivers (when somebody else is leading a team - there's no overt or subvert contradticion of whoever has the ball)

:)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 06:20:53 AM »
So this is who we have tentatively:

Mining Manager; Macrune/Akamine

Production Manager: Caradir/Constantine Andromanche

Combat Ships Manager: Warcold/Safran Foer

Industrial Ships Manager: ? (Unless you would like to run both Saf?)

Trader: ? (uncertain about this currently due to the move and 0.0 markets being vastly different and often very controlled by locals...)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 04:05:18 PM »
i dont really care, if someone is interested in 3b, go ahead
if not, i'll do it
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166