Author Topic: Possiblity of Attribute redistribution in M10  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Possiblity of Attribute redistribution in M10
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:28:12 PM »
Vanden wrote:
Pattern wrote:
any questions?
Embarassed

Preparing for shitstorm 1.5 out of 4

For the sake of clarity, did we hear right that there's a six month cooldown on attribute changes?

most likely yes

Pattern is the greatest CSM ever for even saying that its a possibility ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Possiblity of Attribute redistribution in M10
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:36:01 PM »
Does this mean there might be a chance to change you atributes once after M10 or that you might be able to do it once every 6 months?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »
Does this mean there might be a chance to change you atributes once after M10 or that you might be able to do it once every 6 months?

That latter - its from this thread on scrapheap:

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=23510

(catching up on a days worth of stuff after being out watching italians get stuffed at rugby)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »
The CSM's know already - they're just not letting on yet - they've hinted in a number of threads already.
We'll know on Monday I guess.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
Ok - here's a little table to help plan remapping attributes.
Each bolded section is the primary attribute which has the highest affect (100%) on the training time. 
Under each primary attribute are the skill groups that have this attribute as their primary requirement - within () is the secondary attribute that affects this group (which count towards 50% of the SP/hour).  The following table is generalised - there are some exceptions to the primary attribute but more or less it holds true for the Primary/Secondary skill:

Memory
Corp Management Skills (Charisma)
Drones (Perception)
Industry (Intelligence)
Learning (Intelligence)

Intelligence
Electronics (Memory)
Engineering (Memory)
Mechanic (Memory)
Navigation (Perception)
Science (Memory)

Perception
Gunnary (Willpower)
Missile Launcher Operation (Willpower)
Spaceship Command (Willpower)

Charisma
Leadership (Willpower)
Social (Intelligence)
Trade (Memory)

Willpower
None
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:33:49 PM by Rubino »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »
I have had this in mind for a while already, and am certainly thinking of redistribution. It gives me the opportunity to train a lot of ship/gun skills fast (lot of perc/willp, very little 'rest').
The drawback is not (effectively) being able to train tank/electronics etc.
A solution might be to train (some of) this stuff first and redistribute later. But as I dont have very high int & mem now (char is specced for soldiering) , this wont be the best way to go.
An other possibility would be to redistribute to int/mem first, train tank etc. and redistribute again (to perc/willp) 6 months later. This would mean I can't fly badass ships for another 7 months though.  :-\

All in all I am tempted to go with the 2nd solution: do some elec/tank training now and respec in one or two months. This will mean I will be able to fly moderately (vs. badly) tanked ships with moderate electronic capabilities. It will also allow me to fly some of the more simple specialized ships (Interceptor & Interdictor, but no HIC & Recon) relatively fast, but the aforementioned more complicated ships will have to wait about 8 months. I will be able to fly ships such as HAC & Marauder relatively fast though. Plus I will get good gunnery and missile skills.

Still a tough nut to crack and I would appreciate your thoughts on the above.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
Wasn't the limitations on both max and min on any one attribute very strict??

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
Due to the secondary attribute counting for less (2 pts of the secondary = 1pt of the primary) it would be better to reallocate points to Perception & Int.
Also with the above in mind then taking a point from WillPower and putting it into Perception makes sense - essentially giving you 100% bonus to the point value.

The table helps as it means that Charisma & WillPower will be obvious sources of points for you to spend - but what the table doesn't really show is the number and rank of skills in each skill category.
Spaceship command has a lot of skills and has a lot of skills with a high rank - so dumping more points into Perception will pay dividends for a long time.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »
Wasn't the limitations on both max and min on any one attribute very strict??

There are boundaries and limits.  You can't go below 5 pts in any one attribute and I can't remember the max (or find the image showing the attribute remapper at the mo) but I think it's somewhere around 30 as a max.

Currently it's once per year that you can remap the attributes and costs around 5m ISK. 
I think 1 year is too much and it's currently on SISI for "testing" although I'm not sure what this means as the M10 patch will be out waaaay before then (I hope!).

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
Ah - there's one other thing I stumbled over on the evemon release tracking system the other day.
The next release of evemon (1.2.7) will come with something that helps attribute remapping.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:49 PM »
heh, playing around with int/mem redistribution and made a skillplan to go with it. my 459 day skillplan with +3 implants is reduced to 283(!) days with remapping and +4 implants. that is ~60% of the time... me likey likey!

perc and willp still stay pretty decent stats with implants and learning added to the base of 5
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:12:18 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »
heh, playing around with int/mem redistribution and made a skillplan to go with it. my 459 day skillplan with +3 implants is reduced to 283(!) days with remapping and +4 implants. that is ~60% of the time... me likey likey!

Jesus, thats an amazing reduction. Very nice indeed.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 10:13:10 PM »
mind that saf has perc/willp specced stats atm, so that helps make the difference so large

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 02:41:57 AM »
Cool, think I might reduce some willpower and perception in exchange for intelligence and memory. Maybe not so much intelligence, but definitely more memory!

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »
Perception & Int are going to be the most optimum combinations I think - depending on what you have already.
The Spaceship command group has the largest number and the highest rank skills - and many of the dependancies are in the Int group (see table above).