What we have played > World of Warcraft Retail

New WoW Expansion...for anyone who cares...

<< < (3/9) > >>

elv:
I dont think it matters what new content they bring in, looks to me like a lot of wow players have just got bored shitless with the game, for me it just became a law of diminishing returns with each xp and they killed more and more of the social aspects of the game (ie no group quests, cross realm pvp dungeons etc), add to that the dumbing down of the game with every new xp. Wow just seems to be aiming for the lowest common denominator as a target market and the game has become so bland that interest in it is waning. Of course that's probably just my opinion and the subscription stats probably say something else entirely? Anyone knoe if the figures are rising / falling? My guess is fairly steady but that the original customer base has nearly all long since departed and replaced.

laters elv

Goatboy:
Blizzard is a company. They are here to make money. They are good at what they do. Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW.

Pandas are pro.

Panda on goat. Mmmmmm.

Caradir:

--- Quote from: Goatboy on October 25, 2011, 06:38:00 PM ---Blizzard is a company. They are here to make money. They are good at what they do. Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW.

Pandas are pro.

Panda on goat. Mmmmmm.

--- End quote ---

I agree they are in the business of making money (and if you sell a decent product, why not?), however they are losing focus on what the people they want to take money from actually want. This car crash amalgamation of 10 million genres into the WoW banner is horrendous and the "pay to win" auction house in Diablo 3 means a lot of diablo fans wont buy it (hence why they are giving it away for free with 12 month sub), and Starcraft 2 being shit.

at least CCP are admitting making mistakes (albeit 18 months too late) do you think Blizz ever will?

Mangala:

--- Quote from: Caradir on October 25, 2011, 06:58:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Goatboy on October 25, 2011, 06:38:00 PM ---Blizzard is a company. They are here to make money. They are good at what they do. Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW.

Pandas are pro.

Panda on goat. Mmmmmm.

--- End quote ---

I agree they are in the business of making money (and if you sell a decent product, why not?), however they are losing focus on what the people they want to take money from actually want. This car crash amalgamation of 10 million genres into the WoW banner is horrendous and the "pay to win" auction house in Diablo 3 means a lot of diablo fans wont buy it (hence why they are giving it away for free with 12 month sub), and Starcraft 2 being shit.

at least CCP are admitting making mistakes (albeit 18 months too late) do you think Blizz ever will?

--- End quote ---

Not while Bobby's bathing a money bath all day long they wont.

Taith:

--- Quote from: Goatboy on October 25, 2011, 06:38:00 PM ---Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW. .

--- End quote ---

Not me! I'm proud of my financial contributions towards yet another ivory back-scratcher for the Blizzard directors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version