Author Topic: Vagabond  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Vagabond
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »
Although HAC is still about 30 days away for me, I have been playing around with fits, to get some enthusiasm to bite through Cruiser V.
I figured Vaga's are not really meant for damage and what i read about em they are very good for speedfits, but I thought I'd go another way: a tackling/ewar Vaga.
The following setup should be able to tackle everything I can get close to (warp to a cloaked corpie?). With a scram (exit warp/MWD), 2 webs (speed reduced to 25-ish%), medium energy vampire and ECM drones it actually is something of a 1-man ewar boat.

Is this too good to be true? I'd like to hear your comments about this setup.

This setup will take me bit more than 30 days btw, think about 40-50.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Vagabond
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »
any ideas about this setup? is vaga just good for speed setup or could this setup do any good in pvp too?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:39:22 AM »
All the setups for the vaga I've seen tend to be shield tanked.

This is one from BC:

[Vagabond, EVEMON Small gang PVP Vagabond]
Gyrostabilizer II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
10MN MicroWarpdrive II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
Expanded Probe Launcher I
Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Warrior II x1

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »
yup, that's because speed fits like this one have all their lowslots eaten up.
my idea was to make a surprising vaga with decent speed but with emphasis on tackling abilities. the ewar eats up my midslots, leaving just armor tank as an option.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
Speednerf for Vagas? No way! They're still the fastest ships around!   :D

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:31:56 AM by Warcold »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
Although HAC is still about 30 days away for me, I have been playing around with fits, to get some enthusiasm to bite through Cruiser V.
I figured Vaga's are not really meant for damage and what i read about em they are very good for speedfits, but I thought I'd go another way: a tackling/ewar Vaga.
The following setup should be able to tackle everything I can get close to (warp to a cloaked corpie?). With a scram (exit warp/MWD), 2 webs (speed reduced to 25-ish%), medium energy vampire and ECM drones it actually is something of a 1-man ewar boat.

Is this too good to be true? I'd like to hear your comments about this setup.

This setup will take me bit more than 30 days btw, think about 40-50.

I think id be more likely to try something like this. Its a little better on the shield resists only slightly slower and if you add a single cap stabiliser in a rig slot it becomes cap stable at 50%.

Having said that im not sure i'd choose this as a tackler in the first place. Ur likely to become primary very quick and then even with its extra speed / resists etc the chances are you arnt going to survive to the end of the battle, and thats alot of ISK to lose in one chunk   :-[
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
depends if you encounter greater fleets or not... (but ofc there is always a chance)
wouldnt use the inertia stabilizer as it greatly increases you sig radius. would rather use two nanos if you choose to use two lowslots for speed/agility.

but atm, my skills wouldnt allow your fit, im capinstable enough as it is    :-[
will really need to hit my int/mem attribute change fast, but according to planning its still about 2 months away  :-\
[edit]or is it the cap flux coil im missing?? will need to go back to EFT with your ideas...[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:11:54 PM by Warcold »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 01:04:28 PM »
Vac's setup from a while ago. Tried it out in EFT, but can't get it capstable by a longshot, not even with all skills @ V, not even with MWD turned off  :-\
Will take a struggle, this one...

vagabond rocks for EW?

No, Vagabond rocks for Solo PVP.
It's a one man own-machine
[Gank Setup]

High
    5x Dual 180mm Autocannon II (Barrage of course, you want the falloff) [or use 220s for more DPS
    1x Medium Unstable Energy Neutralizer

Medium
    1x 10mn MWD II (Use T2 for raw speed, Best named for cap stability)
    1x Warp Disruptor II
    2x Large Shield Extender II

Low
    2x Nanofiber Internal II
    3x Gyrostabilizer II

Drones
    5x Hobgoblin II, Warrior II, or Light ECM depending on area of engagement and gang composition

Rigs
    2x Projectile Ambit Extension

~350 DPS at 24KM.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 10:10:13 PM »
Speednerf for Vagas? No way! They're still the fastest ships around!   :D

heh, forgot about overheating, this baby can fly 12.3 km/s   ;D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 07:09:58 AM »
Wow - thats crazy!

Got yours to that yet?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 07:56:27 AM »
nah, this is with all skills at V. I dont have all navigation skills yet and neither can i overheat, but within 6 months or so, I think I can get to 12 km/s   8)

dont think you'll manage this with interceptors, as you cant put a 10MN MWD on it, but I will try with other HACs, see what they get.
no real use to this though, as with 26 secs of cap... well meh...    but its fun  :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:58:05 AM by Warcold »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »
Nah ceptors can't go that fast. But on the other hand ceptors don't become as large as a titan in signature ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »
Ok, found out that the 100MN Digital Booster Rockets use less power (although cheapest (and only) contract for em is 990M), so I could tweak the fit some more, either to more speed (12,5 km/s) or longer cap (51 secs).

As soon as I can overload mods and can handle astronautic rigs (and have loads of isk to buy all the named stuff i had to put in), I can fly this baby to about 11 km/s  :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
bah, I did not boldly go where no man has gone before   :'(

http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/index.php/topic,41139.0/What-s-the-fastest-ship-.html

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »
Started to move my CBC pilot towards minmatar ones, with the right ganglinks and ship mods, he should be able to pimp your speed also :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."