Author Topic: Frigate racing  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Frigate racing
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:18:54 AM »
After some more skilling, I might try this once: http://www.eviloatmeal.com/race/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Frigate racing
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »
Looks good - and if I recall right, CCP cover these in the news on login from time to time :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:37:56 PM »
I saw another advert today, about a race coming up oct 2nd. Never participated in the first race i posted...

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1095410

Looking at ship setups and to me it seems the Executioner seems like a good choice (Amarr ship, so that sucks, but ok...).
With a recommended speed of 3500, I thought I'd aim at a top range speed with as much agility as i can get. With my current skills, this means 3672 m/s with an alligntime of 3.5s
All mods and rigs need to be meta 0 btw.

[Executioner, racer]
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

1MN MicroWarpdrive I
[empty med slot]

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

What do you think of this setup? Do you have any other suggestions?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »
Minnie doesnt get a look in for this from you?

Would have thought a slasher or an intie variant?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »
id recommend nothing Caldari speed isnt their forte :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »
Only t1 frigs allowed (so faction too)
I looked at the slasher, which is good too, but not as good as the executioner alas. But you were right, it hurts me that I am 'forced' to fly a slaver ship...

*Saf changed minds about what skill to train next again, seems I can fly interceptors in a week. NEED AGILITY*

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 03:45:53 PM »
id recommend nothing Caldari speed isnt their forte :)

I can get a condor over 4k :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »
yeah, condor outperforms slasher actually
the top 4 in builds i figured out with my current skills:

1) executioner: 3672/3.5
2) atron: 3642/3.6
3) condor: 3574/3.6
4) slasher: 3518/3.6

:-[

The thing the Condor has going for it, is that it's got the lowest inertia modifier of all frigs: 2.62 and one of the best base speeds (404)
Although the base speed of the Slasher is higher (419), the inertia modifier is 2.83, so to make it both agile and fast, you have too much inertia to compensate for.
The Executioner is actually at the bottom of these two figures: it has a base speed of 404 and an inertia modifier of 2.89. However, this boat has 2 low slots, where both the Condor and the Slasher only have 1. -> Executioner wins.
The Atron also has 2 low slots, but has a slightly higher IM than the Executioner: 2.92. Enough to nullify the advantage of higher base speed (409). Atron comes in 2nd therefore.

Of all frig hulls, I think the Claw would rule all, with the best base speed (475), the lowest innertia modifier (3.09) and the most low slots (4).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:08:19 PM by Warcold »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
would ppl be interested in this?

You now have the possibility to register a racing team. Teams must consist of a roster of 3 or more players, one of which must be designated the team captain.

TEAMS FLY FOR FREE!

That's right, you heard me, racers in a team do not need to post any entry fees whatsoever, but are still eligible for all the prizes!

To register a team the team captain should send me (Julius Rigel) an evemail listing the members of the team.

Team members can be added or taken off at the request of the team captain.

I don't have optimal skills yet, as I don't have acceleration control at V, but at the time of the first race, I will have Evasive Maneuvering at V (and Naviagion too obviously).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »
I will be - let me eft a few fits for various ships later :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »
Cool!  :D

Any other takers?

The first race is in Juunigashi, @ Oct, 2nd, 1900 ET. Should be there at 1830 though.

(2nd race Oct 17th, same time, same place)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:24:12 PM by Warcold »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »
Sure why not, I can loose at that as well :P

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »
But why so low velocities :) I'd probably go for a full speedfit vigil :) get it top about 4.7km/s.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
good luck making the turns :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
euhh...
forgot about the vigil's bonus  :-X
it occurred to me i needed to check for those bonuses, but slipped my mind  :-[

1) vigil: 3562/3.4 or 3842/3.5
2) executioner: 3672/3.5
3) republic firetail 3569/3.5
4) atron: 3642/3.6
5) condor: 3574/3.6
6) slasher: 3518/3.6
(again, with my current skills)

:D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:51:34 PM by Warcold »