Author Topic: Investing some of MAADI's isk  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Investing some of MAADI's isk
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
Was wondering what you guys would think about investing some of MAADI's isk. I just invested 100M with Phaser Inc. who offer about 5% interest a week and I bet there are many more banks who offer about the same rates.
We're sitting on quite some dead isk atm and doubling a, say, 1B investment in 4 months is better than what we're doing with the isk now.
I know history has proved banks not to be the most reliable, but if we spread in vestments over 4 banks the benefits are bound to be bigger than the risk. (If one bank topples over in 4 months, there's still a 50% gain over that period with the given interest rate, if 2 topple over (highly inprobable) we'll still break even, just like we're doing now).

What do you guys think?
And if you think it's a good idea, do you know some other banks that you deem thrustworthy?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Investing some of MAADI's isk
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »
Its eve

trust no one

however if you can afford to lose it then do so

other banks in eve have had multi billions nicked by directors
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
Its eve

trust no one

however if you can afford to lose it then do so

other banks in eve have had multi billions nicked by directors

thx for your constructive feedback matey  :-*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »
He's right though :)

But, saying that, it doesnt hurt to throw some isk out there and see what you can do with it.  Not everything in EVE is a scam (yet), and can pay off well enough for the investment before they do become a scam/get robbed etc, its all about how far you are willing to go and how much is your magic number before you get out of the more public investments in eve.

So go ahead, use some and see what happens.  Its only spacebux after all.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »
I know he's right

I know history has proved banks not to be the most reliable, but if we spread in vestments over 4 banks the benefits are bound to be bigger than the risk. [etc]

gah

Anyway, I'll wait to see what Hrod has to say about it (it's his money after all  :D) and will move ahead if I get the go from him too.
Any banks you think are 'trustworthy' (MIND THE '-s!!!  ::)) Jon?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Go ahead :)

Online Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:11 PM »
hard to say about any banks id trust in EVE nowadays, too much stuff has gone on with them to really have hope in them at all (much like the real world :D), even more difficult as it seems more and more of the "trusted" MD crowd are turning out to be not that trustworthy either, so theres no real backing/examination of anyone that wants to start stuff up, you literally have to go on faith alone now.

Id say take some isk and spread it around, rather than bundle it all in 1 or 2 places, yes smaller individual returns, but less of a hit if a few turn out to be ripoffs etc.

I'll take a proper look over MD and check some of the offerings out though if you want me too? (Any investments I do these days are more like loans to people I know around the way, who i know do pay back, otherwise id have just said go with x or y person.scheme).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."