Author Topic: Resigning alliance with Saf (not MAADI<->alliance, just regarding me)  (Read 793 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
The last drop:
Quote from: {4-Tune} Grubgrafter
People please don't under estimate or think that 4-Tune can easily just brush this under the carpet..

Lessons need to be learnt and learnt fast, flying for cheap thrills has consequences..

We are more than happy to move on as long as we are satisfied there is not going to be a repeat of this kind of thoughtless behaviour. We can all behave in a reckless manner, but for an alliance to function and to progress requires mature, thoughtful game play. Living for the moment is not the name of the game..

So, as a first step to moving on, I respectfully request again that the ANSHAR kill is removed from the B-C kill board.. For it to remain sends the wrong message to alliance members as a whole, and personally I and 4-Tune don't wish to be associated with this kill..

Unfortunately the kill will remain on battle clinic and elsewhere, but at least I don't have to be reminded of it here..

Please understand we will continue to add to this thread until 4_tune is satisfied that appropriate steps have been put in place to ensure there is not a repeat of this thoughtless/sellfish/reckless behaviour.

Inspired this:

Quote from: Saf
I hereby lay down my active functions within the alliance. The reason for this is that I can't unite (agree with, but the Dutch expression fits better) with the sharp lines that are drawn regarding alliance policy. I understand they are drawn, but it's just not for me.

I will stay a member of MAADI for now - if I will leave MAADI I will do this in my own sweet time; On paper I'm the oldest member of MAADI (even before Mang left yesterday) plus I will not just leave the corp I learned to love the game in, esp. since most of my fellow-members go back longer than just EvE. However, I may at one time try my luck in a more PvP based alliance for a while. Even so, MAADI will remain my home.

gl&hf

Was already in the making, but was still holding back a bit. After above quote, I was totally sure BC is just not for me.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
As ive said already - that kill will end up syncd to that board every time Sin feeds from the MAADI one and I think he syncs from EVE-Kill too.

And good that you are staying on in MAADi for the time being matey :)

I feel for Hrod most at the moment, he's not here for drama.

And to everyone else, MAADI is still MAADI, nothing is going to change much for us in the future, we are all doing what we need to do to get by in our own ways within the style of play we encourage here in MAADI.

So once again, nothing to see here, move along!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:09:35 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Maybe not now you're no longer in BC
Also battleclinic won't show the kill under BC anymore, or will it?

And yeah, my action was not directed at MAADI in any way. In fact, it was the playing style I was used to within MAADI that was being threatened in my view. I just want to feel free to hisec/lowsec gank whenever I feel like it. Even though I might never gank someone - the restriction and drama around it put me off.

So...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Kill will still show as I was in MAADi when it happened.

However I posted a solution for feed syndication over in the BC thread - should lessen that headache for him.

Just delete it on Monday after syncing KB feeds from around the way, then going forward use week 25 as the starter week.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:45:05 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
I agree, the drama is a bit off putting.  And the sanctimonious tone of it all.
"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave