Author Topic: PI  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
PI
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
Will you dabble in this and if so, do you have any ideas where you are going to specialize in? Or will you just produce and sell?

I hope to be able to scrape the components for nanite repair paste together. This stuff is (still) expensive and also useful in pvp.
Edit: This seems to be too steep with one char I'm afraid, but will still try parts anyway
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:45:36 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: PI
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
Dabble - for POS stuffs and as you say nanite paste :)

POS stuffs is something id like us all to do as 1 production line each or whatever is needed - to help ourselves and if Sin and I can pull it off to help the alliance as well (i think ALL alliance members should run/cooperate in the creation of PI networks that give us POS goods at alliance level - for when the time comes we have a moon or 3 for cap programs :D).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
Ok, the picture of what planet holds (posted elsewhere) tells me I should at least get three planets: Storm, Gas and Barren. Besides that a Temperate and a Lava planet will come in handy.
Lava planets will provide Felsig magma (unique for Lava planets) and Temp planets will provide Autotrophs (unique for Temps).

Seems that besides Lava and Temp two more planets hold unique resources: Gas (Reactive Gas) and Ocean (Planktic Colonies - although EveUni says otherwise (+ Ice)). It might be that these will turn out to be a bit more valuable than the other resources. Also, of the P1 resources, Water and Bacteria are used in 4 processes, while all the others are used in 3. Additionally, Reactive Metals, Bacteria and Water are used in P4 production, pushing Bacteria and Water to 5 purposes.
Of course some Px resources have more than one use, but there I stop because that's getting too complicated for my little big head. In fact my guess is that all P0 resources will have equalish uses, which makes all the above useless info.

What I don't know yet is if I can put more CCs on one planet and if so: does this count toward the max. amount of planets you can occupy?
Edit from one of the new skills:
For each rank in this skill, you may install a command center on one additional planet, to a maximum of 6 planets. You can have only one command center per planet. Cannot be trained on Trial Accounts.
:(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:35:59 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »
Did the calculations for nanite repair paste. For 10 units nanite repair paste you need nearly 50k base products:

8000 noble gas (2 * 4000)
4800 micro organisms
4800 base metals
4000 autotrophs
4000 felsic magma
4000 planktic colonies
4000 carbon compound
4000 noble metals
4000 reactive gas
4000 suspended plasma
4000 aqueous liquids

phew, thats quite a lot!  ???

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
What bothers me is that each deposit is not infinite in size, so it seems you will have to relocate your extractors quite often. The CCP instruction vid shows depletion times of 30 minutes to 95 hours (4 days). With seemingly 4 deposits per extractor, this will mean an extractor will run out of resources in a week (give or take). That quite sucks. Will stuff 'respawn'??
Furthermore, the amount of resources per hour (in the vid) ranges from 350 to 10k, but I guess this will average out to about 1000-2000/hour. So it takes 2 hours to get 10 nanite repair paste, and that's without the hassle of switching deposits, hauling resources around from one planet to another for further processing etc. which means it will be quite a bit lower.

Normalish price for nanite repair paste seems to be about 5k/u, so this will make you a max of 25k/hour => ~600k/day, which kinda sucks for the investment in isk (5 planets are needed, with all kind of additions for processing etc.) and time to get this all to work. On top of that, I expect nanite prices to plummet once PI is up and running.

So to do this for the isk: No, deffo not. But I will try this out for sure, as it might be a fun game within the game.

(calculations above are way off, I know, because you will have more than one extractor / CC, but only thought of that toward the end of this post and I felt the need to ramble, so there!)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
Remember that the CCs will be seeded starting coming Tuesday!
(after dt I guess)

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:12:19 AM »
I'm going to stick with POS fuel production at first.  Nanite paste makes my head hurt.
"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:45 AM »
4 days before I can copy the Nanite Paste BPO :(

Max runs copies yes?  See if there is a market for them.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
4 days before I can copy the Nanite Paste BPO :(

Max runs copies yes?  See if there is a market for them.
slots filled?

and yes, max run would be good

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:07 AM »
Aye all copy slots filled.

Its no thing - gives me time to watch the contracts on them and figure out a good entry price.

And to post on the alliance forums offering to sell to them too :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
dont forget to route the exit of your processors, as it will eat ingoing products, but will just destroy the outgoing one.
which is especially fucked up if it concerns P3 processing  :-[
which is even more fucked up if it happens over a weekend where you don't have access  :-\

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »
dont forget to route the exit of your processors, as it will eat ingoing products, but will just destroy the outgoing one.
which is especially fucked up if it concerns P3 processing  :-[
which is even more fucked up if it happens over a weekend where you don't have access  :-\

woopsie
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)