Author Topic: Rapier pvp  (Read 862 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Rapier pvp
« on: July 26, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »
Noticing that what the EZ gate camps let slip most are interceptors (the fast kind, like claw, crusader, ares), I figured I'd build something to cope with them. First approach was another fast interceptor -> claw. But then, while browsing through an eve-wiki of minmatar ships, I noticed the Rapier, with 60% per lvl range bonus on stasis webs, which inspired me into doing this:

Note that all skills are at V. To make it fit for me, I need to change to meta4 t1 LSE and train Shield Upgrades V (ehp will be 16-17k).
Also, I won't train the ship to V (IV I think) and the current webber will prolly cost a fortune, so will either go for T2 or -worse than current- faction. This will give a range of 34-41 on the webber.
Obviously there are still tacklers needed, but fast inties won't be able to outrun our tacklers anymore.

Viable? Or too specialized and should I just go with an inty if I wanna contribute to tackling?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:52:28 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Rapier pvp
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:06:46 PM »
I own lots of those webbers :)

Nice fit -balances survivability with getting shit done and running away?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Rapier pvp
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
I own lots of those webbers
Aye, I know, that's how I learned they have longer range  ;)

The fit: more sensor boosters didnt add much, maybe .1 or .2 secs faster, so figured I would use my leftover mids for tank. Propulsion mods is theme of all my fits really. In this case it enables me to sort of keep up with the webbed target, untill an inty can slam a scram on it.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166