Author Topic: alternatives for sniping boats  (Read 875 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
alternatives for sniping boats
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
The sniping BS being a looooong way away for me, so was thinking about alternatives to take along on these kind of ops.
Been thinking about combat recon frig killer, i.e. killing menacing frig sized boats that may come to harass the snipers. 60% rangebonus on webs per recon lvl is nice :) just sit cloaked near the group and decloak when needed...

also been thinking about stealthbombers: a small squad of SB's can really do some damage to opposing groups, esp with a bomb launcher fitted, or just fire Void bombs with 4 SBs and poof, there goes 7200 cap of everyone in a 15000m AoE  :D

too bad EFT isnt updated to the new changes yet... or should i download it manually?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: alternatives for sniping boats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »
EFT does have SB changes mine did it automagically a few days after.

SBs are only of use against BS's really with the change to torps, bombs have shit range.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:29:43 AM »
hmm? about same dont they? base range of bombs is 30 km
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:16 AM »
aye but with a cardboard tank and that range i wouldnt fly a SB in an active role anymore, 60k maxed with tops compared to the 120 i used to get with cruises means death if you ask me.

and torps are crap against anything smaller than a BS, bombs would have a use but remember they dont discriminate friend or foe and by the time you fire a bomb wait for it to reach target and explode to re engage cloak youd be dead to anyone in a frigate who is on their toes to you appearing, they made them SHIT !!!
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)