Author Topic: me + 0.0 + EZ = dislike Eve  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
me + 0.0 + EZ = dislike Eve
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »
and as a result i am pulling out of 0.0 back to empire to try and enjoy my gametime once more.

Reasons

Logistically ive been without a ship in 0.0 except my explo ship for about 2 months this has meant i am unable to have any fun when i log on, i cant exploit any sites i find never mind ratting etc.

My miner is docked up doing nowt and heck i dont even know where her hulk is/ if its still there and theres no point me having a miner unless she is mining.

Ez are twats , there ive said whats been on my mind for a while, i realised this during the puppets fiasco that they were not my cup of T when i was "told" to scout in my pod even though having scouted previously i had planned for action that evening, and i do enjoy scouting just not all the fecking time.

They are dictating what constitutes a "proper" PVP fit which i disagree with, goes against my philosophy of having fun and so i can never fit they way they want me to as it would be substandard to my training and as such inferior in their eyes,
Project Anihillation - is delayed till people can fly ships and not glued pieces of crap, new date will be end of june.
was the final kick in the balls for me and made me finally see sense.

Ill still be about when im on, i dont plan on leaving Ma'adi (although i do realise that taking my toons out would reduce fees and wont be angry if that happened)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: me + 0.0 + EZ = dislike Eve
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
p.s.

No posting in CAOD or scrapheap , ever !

are you aware of that "rule" Jon

fucktards i say
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »
Project Anihillation - is delayed till people can fly ships and not glued pieces of crap, new date will be end of june.
was the final kick in the balls for me and made me finally see sense.
glad you care more for Minmatar ships than you let on, Cons  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 04:53:06 AM »
p.s.

No posting in CAOD or scrapheap , ever !

are you aware of that "rule" Jon

fucktards i say

They clarified the no posting with that it means no smack or recruiting on caod or scrapheap. Everything else is ok.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »
Knew of the no posting in GBBS on SHC - but I do it anyways (Just not in the fountain thread - as well it doesnt get much action).

As for no SHC based recruiting - are they dozy  ;) If we were to recruit from an eve based community, that would be my firt stop - less numbers of idiots use it than actuallly post on EVE-O - and hell no-one recruits via coad, coad is a cesspit.

Anyways Garry - totally understand your POV, I have my issues with the alliance, but given that when I am on I ignore their very existence I get by. (Alliance membership was the direction the majority of you wanted, and as I said when I first brought you chaps over from WAR, the direction you took the corp was yours, not mine :D)

There is no need to drop characters ect to head back to hi-sec - after all there's still plenty of things left in hisec to do - Orca building and stuff (Assuming the Orca BP isnt stuck in logistic limbo anywhere).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:47:52 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:38:49 AM »
no, the orca BPO is very safe...

... in fountain...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
Anyways Garry - totally understand your POV, I have my issues with the alliance, but given that when I am on I ignore their very existence I get by. (Alliance membership was the direction the majority of you wanted, and as I said when I first brought you chaps over from WAR, the direction you took the corp was yours, not mine )
Ok, i think atm the majority is unsatisfied with the alliance, so what would be the pros and cons of stepping out? Do ppl want to step out? Was Rub's only reason to push for an alliance that we wanted it, or is it something he wanted badly too?

To break down my barrage of questions:
1) what would be the pros and cons of stepping out
2) Do ppl want to step out?
3) Rub put a lot of effort in getting us with an alliance. Is that because of corp wanting this, or is there something we are missing?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »
I personally think an alliance is the way to go. In either case we can always remain since it is cheeper for us than paying the renters fee and then basically ignore the alliance.

I think a lot of the problems stem from that they aren't exactly clear or have any way to have a open discussion about anything with the leadership.
It is "do as you are told" and no real reason behind it nor any proper knowledge of where they want to go. I personally hate being left out of the loop.
Of course some needs to be secret but general ideas, directions etc needs to be anchored with the population of the alliance if it isn't to be some playground for the directors.

My three pet peeves with them are:
1. Why the heck should I fit a buffer armour tank on a tackler and thus negating it's major advantage in agility?
2. Why the heck should we be forced to ONLY put poses in the EZ sov systems? They are worthless crap waste of space. Fine if they had something that was worth exploiting but they don't so why limit us to their systems?
3. GIVE ME FORUM ACCESS FFS!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »
I'll emblesih later, but pretty much what Hrod has said :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
Well, this mail we got yesterday(?) about the DON'Ts blahblah with the ultimate don'ts getting you shot by the alliance (that is, if they can get a fleet together to actually do this, harhar) tempts me into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dre3b36GEwU

and fuck the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hkcZilKChI

Especially if it's just the isk we are staying in this pile of manure for, then I say: up the tax with 5% more and good riddance.
RANT STARTS HEREI really don't see any benefits from staying in the alliance other than the isk really.
1.) the pvp i've done with em existed of: waiting for 8 hours with the last 2 hours seeing other alliances doing the fun pewpew, while we were being put into 'reserve' and when the battle was over (with us still waiting around and cons playing with is egg(s)) we were told to go on repair duty FFS - and the other time we were called to go on a pvp roam, which was really some distraction to get some fecking indy somewhere without doing any actual pewpew and we were only told afterwards, which brings me to point ->
2.) there is too much favoritism, elitism and whatever going on with the 'normal' peeps being used as cannonfodder or distraction without their knowledge, i mean, just tell me some industrial with alliance duty needing to get somewhere safe (yeah right, was prolly alt of the fc, or his arsefriend or something) and let me make my own decision if i will help you or not
3.) TALK ENGLISH FFS
4.) majority only cares about PNQ (or 'Pinky' as they call it, which is a turnoff by itself), and wouldnt be arsed what happened 3 cm away from it
5.) fucking hell yeah, it feels damn fine to curse now and then!
6.) what i didnt think off
7.) whatever i missed even in point 6
8.) for good measure
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:29:14 PM by Warcold »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
25% less pos upkeep pays off if nothing else.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
25% less pos upkeep pays off if nothing else.

not if we cant mine to build to make isk

not if we cant logistically replace lost ships/modules/ faction ammos

but then im a hater

screw you guys ive gone home ;)

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 03:08:23 PM »
I dunno.

I view our alliance as a bunch of fools basically.. and I use Fountain as a fun place to rat, hunt and so on in..

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »
Got a bit overexcited in writing a post that was supposed to be funny and serious at same time. But what I also meant to say was: if we are in the alliance, we are also bound to some of the 'respect my authoritah' parts where they want to force out of us in certain ops for example. Regarding that, being in the alliance is not just a case of saving isk for not having to pay renters fee, but also 'having to' join in these ops.
We cant be in the alliance and just have nothing to do with em at the same time. Not practically, but also not morally IMHO (i'll give em that)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
id have liked them a bit more if they werent so holier than thou

i mean i fly Caldari what fucking use/need do i have to learn armour tanking skills and where would i fit them on my Caldari bird?