What we have played > Lord of the Rings Online

Skirmishes

(1/12) > >>

Mangala:
So to quote Garry:

--- Quote ---the skirmish system itself is worth the cost, it just sounds ace, and available at LVL 30+ tunable by group size and with 3 difficulty options, random each time, usable siege weapons in some, and bosses that may decide to appear. Can you say Helms Deep here we come  ;)

and we are talking about 12 skirmishes at launch with more to be added, more content there than in some expansions ive seen in other games, 3 new 3 man instances, 1 new 6 man instance and the new 12 man raid. Hardly what id expect in a "free" update.
--- End quote ---

These are the new places I can get class items from - with tokens - as I level I take it (Suggested from screenshots ive seen on the US boards)?

They do sound good, something that should let me enjoy to play Beo and eventually my alts, I wont pin my hopes on them of course, as given the current limited size of the pool of people Im willing to share my game time with (ie I dont pug), the very fact they can be tailored in size and scope is great for me and by turn the rest of you who play Lotro with me etc.

Caradir:

--- Quote from: Mangala on November 14, 2009, 03:33:14 PM ---These are the new places I can get class items from - with tokens - as I level I take it (Suggested from screenshots ive seen on the US boards)?

--- End quote ---

an idea of what tradeable in the skirmish system, but yeah those pesky LVL 50 quest items are tradeable.

--- Quote ---    *  Armour Vendors (Light, Medium, Heavy) - Full sets of light, medium, and heavy armour plus shields are available for levels 30, 33, 37, 40, 43, 47, 50, 53, 57, 60, 63 and 65, as well as some stronger endgame level 65 items. At each level band, there are a few "Veteran" items. These cost additional Marks and have better stats than the others at the same level band. These items will be about as strong as quest items of the same level, with the Veteran items being a bit stronger.
    * Jewelry and Cloaks - Same as Armour, but jewelry and cloaks! Weapons - Similar to Armour, but the selection shifts at level 50+ (when Legendary Items become available) and only off-hand items are sold.
    * Legendary Items – Blanks (Unidentified Legendary Items), runics, IXP runes, scrolls, and various new goodies that are being added to Legendary Items (See the Legendary Item Dev Diary for more info).
    * Crafting - Scroll cases, optional ingredients, and some new special components being introduced with Siege of Mirkwood. Cosmetics - Housing, cosmetic items and Soldier cosmetic traits.
    * Curiosities - Reputation items, various items from old quests (you'll see), and Mark upgrades. Basically, he's got all the weird stuff that didn’t fit anywhere else and a number of goodies you didn’t expect to see again.
    * Provisioner - The Provisioner will allow you to sell and repair items as well as purchase various potions with SM.

--- End quote ---

Do note that the Xp gain in skirmishes isnt going to let you level exclusively with skirmishes, i believe the daily quests will give relevant xp but running a skirmish will give a smaller amount.

Jarkko:
They sure sound good. I hope I get to do many runs in them :)

The USA people have today a chnace to log on into Bullroarer (the test server) and stress test the skirmishes. Should mean there is tomorow lots of opinions available on the US forums about the skirmishes :)

Caradir:
Heres a list of skirmishes available at SOM release (some require an unlock)

Trouble in Tuckborough (30-65)
Brigands and goblins have laid siege to the Great Smials. You have to clear their camps and confront their leader to free the Thain.

Siege of Gondamon (30-65)
Gondamon has been under siege by the Dourhands and Blue Crag goblins for nearly two weeks. It's up to you, Mathi, and the Gondamon NPCs to endure the lengthy waves and bring down their leader.

Stand at Amon Sul (35-65)
Help Candaith hold the summit of Weathertop from the forces of a ravaging Cargul, keeping campfires lit in the pouring rain to hold the dark at bay.

Survival: Barrow-Downs (40-70)
Make a stand at the Dead Spire against ever more powerful waves of undead horrors. You'll be overwhelmed eventually, but how long can you hold out before that?

Thievery and Mischief (45-65)
Brigands have seized the south of Bree! Bring justice to their ranks, fight from the Auction Hall to the Town Hall to clear them out of town.

Defence of the Prancing Pony (50-65)
Brigands are attacking Bree, causing the citizens to hole up inside the Prancing Pony. Drive off the attacking brigands, and prevent them from burning down the Pony.

Ford of Bruinen (55-65)
Orcs and Uruks are driving siege engines toward Rivendell! Make your stand against them with Elrohir and Elladan on the Ford of Bruinen.

And the Epic-gated ones:

Strike Against Dannenglor (60-70)
Assault the morroval-infested ruins of Dannenglor and rescue prisoners from it.

Protectors of Thangulhad (60-70)
What was once a key fortress of the orcs is now held by a small band of elves. Unfortunately, the orcs are marching there in force. Fortunately, the ballistae and catapults still work...

Breaching the Necromancer's Gate (65-70)
An assault on Dol Guldur

Assault on the Ringwraith's Lair (65-70)
Continued from the Necromancer's Gate

Battle in the Tower (65-70)
The conclusion of Book Nine: Fortress of the Nazgul

Jarkko:
Ooooh, they sure sound good! Cant wait to check them out :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version