Author Topic: Burglars are great!  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Burglars are great!
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »
Just thought I'd mention the obvious: Burglars are great.

I have had so big issues to continue the epic-quests with my other toons, that I haven't even bothered past Book 1. Fitzer the Burglar at level 36 has mostly by soloing got much further. In fact, the halt came yesterday in Book 4 where you have to defeat that level 41 elite forest troll (who I thought I was supposed to talk to, not fight with); simply couldn't hit the damn thing often enough (but instead of dieing, the burglar valiantly HIPSed out of sight) because of the level difference.

Thinking I need a couple more levels to actually be able to continue the epic story, Fitzer transfered to Evendim which I had mostly skipped so far. Completed some of the green quests, did hit 37, then entered solo the instance for Thief-takers bane. It did feel sort of difficult, and in the end, after countless waves the third ranger died (I was *just* too slow to sprint from the ranger group furthest up the stairs back to the first group) and the quest failed.

Porting out of the instance, there was a fellowship outside. They asked if I am interested in joining them for Thief takers bane. Well, sure, why not :)  They then continued that they had just wiped when they had tried with four (their lowest level was a 39 hunter, highest was a 42 champion), but they now had a minstrel arriving to join too... Anyway, was a breeze to do the instance now, and I am pretty sure I did almost complete it solo (at least it took a shorter time with the fellowship to complete the quest than I had in my failed, but I guess the new wave activates only after the previous one is beaten). Anyway, one of the best  instances I've been in, especially when I tried to solo it (and I am pretty sure I could have soloed the place on the second attempt when I knew what was going to happen, although I would have had to wait for my cooldowns to reset after the first attempt), very cool quest which I hope to get to do again now at some point  :)

After that did the riddle quest series (I cheated the part where I had to head up to the camp of the gaurak, didn't figure it out so I read the solution from the net  :-[ ), but had to log off then. Hopefully today I'll complete a couple more of the quests in Evendim, then hit 38, and after that I'll have a re-match with the forest troll, so that I am at same stage as Kurtt in the epic quest :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:40:47 AM by Jarkko »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Burglars are great!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »
Thread title is spot on.  Sounds like you are enjoying them as much as I enjoy mine when I play her (Hobbit burglar), Im looking forward to getting higher levels and shinier abilities to make it even more fun.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »
burglars generally can take, on level elites, until 3rd December that is ;)

Just to make Jon happy (perhaps :P ) upon SOM release level 30+ elites are getting a buff, tis true they are making something HARDER in LOTRO ;)

if you see me about give me a shout ill help with that tree.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »
Finished the hillman grind yesterday, and now Fitzer has his "Lay on hands" ability ;)  I have to say things feel slightly too good now... Once per 5 minutes he can evade practically everything for 30 seconds. He has the 30 seconds mezz and IIRC five different stuns. He can phukk up mob chances to hit with the tricks. If things go pearshaped, he can once in ten minutes hide in plain sight, and can once per half hour reset even that cooldown. He has three self heals (although of which one is random (25% chance once per two minutes) and one requires Fitzer to be stunned (but then again, only mobs who disarm and/or stun are actually dangerous). And now, once per hour heal to full health...

I think life is just *too* good for a human burglar, or am I missing something? Have to find out next week, will be out of town for the weekend, so won't have a chance to test the new and improved survivability :)