Author Topic: A Wow Thread  (Read 70891 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: A Wow Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »
well after being back playing for a few days what can i say?

i like teh changes and yes i feel myself being drawn once again into WoW its scary :)

although when i ran LBRS with my new DK i got told to stop tanking when i wasnt trying to ;)

hehe welcome back to the darkside :D

i just started a dk yeah even in dps mode its easy to pull aggro.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »
:)

DK fun then?  Ive rolled them in the past just to try their intro quests and such, which really impressed me.

One thing I kinda wish they would do is in Cata give DK's an option to start at 1, as after all they are revamping and changing so much of the old world that they'd benefit from a 1 start as much as regular characters.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
love the equip 2h in main hand when duel wield tanking and there are some very nice 2h's in the game now.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2010, 01:57:14 PM »
love the equip 2h in main hand when duel wield tanking and there are some very nice 2h's in the game now.

Sacrelige. 

Im an old school sword & boarder.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
argh got it wrong been looking at so many different classes and different specs recently its fury warriors that can duel wield 2h's not tanks so all is well in tanky land. 8)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2010, 04:47:51 PM »
My Frost DK is currently dual weilding Axes, but he's DPS. Dual weild tanking is going the way of the dodo come Cata.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2010, 04:51:24 PM »
My Frost DK is currently dual weilding Axes, but he's DPS. Dual weild tanking is going the way of the dodo come Cata.

So is all 3 DK specs as "viable tanking specs" - even if there is a cookie cutter one - seems they are making Blood the tanking spec (Ive been reading up, passes the time on this fucking train.)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2010, 05:04:38 PM »

So is all 3 DK specs as "viable tanking specs" - even if there is a cookie cutter one - seems they are making Blood the tanking spec (Ive been reading up, passes the time on this fucking train.)

think its unholy at the moment  or thats the flavor of the month in my guild for dk tanking duel-wield but your right they are making blood the more tanky spec come cata.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2010, 06:27:23 PM »
Mm. Think the idea was to alleviate the shortage of tanks by having an entire class that would be able to tank no matter what spec the player chooses.

Obviously 98% of the DKs refused to tank despite that, and for the remaining 2% their groups wished they just refused to tank.

So now they've just chosen to make a dedicated tank spec. At least now, when you get a DK tank you know he made a choice to tank (and collect gear for it) So hopefully the average DK-tank won't be as wtfbbqbloodybad.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2010, 07:47:05 PM »
in retrospect i prob shouldnt have called my DK bigdk keep getting comments  :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
I bet lots of people will think of you as a proper noob DK before even seeing you play with that name. :)
Anything with dk in its name usually means this person will fail at what he is doing if its a pug.  :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »
I bet lots of people will think of you as a proper noob DK before even seeing you play with that name. :)
Anything with dk in its name usually means this person will fail at what he is doing if its a pug.  :D

I spent some time just before wraths release - I played for a week or so then - reserving names all over the place that were various combinations of dkdk dknightdk etc etc etc :)

Just to wind danish deathknights up.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »
ah so all those terribad dksomethingsdk ive seen was either you or caradir then?

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »
called my dk decomp :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile