Author Topic: Snowbourne to Close  (Read 12119 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Snowbourne to Close
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »
https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-closure-announcement

So since we are having to move the kin (I still play, mostly alts as I cannot find the energy to level Beo lately), I am thinking Laurelin is where I will head with the kin and what not when the time comes.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:16:40 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Snowbourne to Close
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 06:34:05 PM »
I log in very occasionally, just got damn bored with it.  Give a shout when you xfer the Kin and ill move over my toons.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »
So since I murdered my killer guitarist last time they changed things by not taking action... does an individual player need to do anything special to keep what they have? Or will the guildleader move all the players along with the guild?

Reading through all the official messages and reinstalling now. Been busy with swtor 12x xp.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:43:44 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »
So since I murdered my killer guitarist last time they changed things by not taking action... does an individual player need to do anything special to keep what they have? Or will the guildleader move all the players along with the guild?

Reading through all the official messages and reinstalling now. Been busy with swtor 12x xp.

Individual players still need to do stuff themselves, but when they do move to the chosen server (when the time comes), they'll autojoin the kin as it'll be all there without much effort on my part.

If folks do miss the period for doing this (cut off is january), then their chars are not lost, merely in limbo unable to be accessed until they transfer.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 09:52:49 PM »
Thanks for explaining it in two sentences!

It seems I never recovered from losing my previous dwarf rockstar and his beer goat. I currently only have a goatless level 15 minstrel.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
Well I logged in for the first time today I wish mmo's didn't have the need to change things so you have to re-do your spec and stuff it kindly told me it was 2 years since I last logged in.

I was subbed for 6 months back then but I will be playing ftp if I decide to give it another go may have to start from scratch again as I have no idea what im doing again.

and has the server transfer started yet I clicked the button but no servers came up?

also I noticed beo is lvl 94 WTF how many levels are there now?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:13:31 PM by Keggi »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »
Some transfers have started, not to the server we are moving though.

If you weren't too involved before, start again, lots of changes over 2 years and will help you get used to them all.

Max level is 100, you will see my Beornagar and my mates Relnor at max doing endgame shit (someone has to fund the rent on the kin house ;))

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »
Started again bought the beornings race from the shop (shiny things) got the first quest to kill 8 sickle fly's they didn't seem to want to come out to play as I was the only person there managed to kill 5 couldn't find anymore and waited half an hour and none respawned so gave up on that.

so I started a warden Silveros if you see him in game. :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »
Sickle Flies in Bree swamp?

They are all over, kill other things and they respawn as sickles sometimes ;)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »
no it was at the beornings starting area managed to kill 5 went all round the area and not another one to be found and as I said waited half an hour and nothing so I moved on to the races and classes I know. :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 10:51:27 AM »
After trying all classes I have settled on minstrel I quite like shouting at people and watching them fall to the floor if you see me online char name is Songan

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »
looks like snowbourne will be the last server to get transferred according to lotro website.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
looks like snowbourne will be the last server to get transferred according to lotro website.

On Monday December 7th we will open transfers off of Vilya.

At this time we will also be closing free transfers off of Brandywine and Evernight and switching to Arkenstone and Gwaihir.

Tuesday Dec 8th we will be opening transfers off of Meneldor completing the US closing worlds.

We are holding off on opening Snowbourn for a week or two as we add hardware capacity to our larger EU worlds to handle the load. It is possible this world may not be opened for transfers until we are in the new data center.

Work is coming to a close on this project and we hope to have a launch date for you soon once we have worked though the final testing of the environment.

Thank you for your continued patience!
Athena "Vyvyanne" Peters

Bloody infuriating is this.  I want to knuckle down and get some good play in, but while the transfer is up in the air, its hard to want to commit.  I know when I am on a more alive server, I'll certainly be more into playing, especially some of the more fun later content. (Cannot treat the whole game like a solo experience after all.) 

Shame its taking so long too, its really killing Snowbourn is this wait.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 09:22:08 AM »
transfers off snowbourn starting 14th of December just read it on the forums. :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »
transfers off snowbourn starting 14th of December just read it on the forums. :)

Its a work day, but I'll get the Kin shifted teatime Monday then, will post once its a done deal.