Author Topic: Magicka  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Magicka
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
We all need to buy this for a new thrusday night game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Magicka
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »
We all need to buy this for a new thrusday night game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/
was thinking about buying that

did buy it and after 10 mins playing it fun :)  i can see multiplayer coop mayhem in it, DO cross the beams ;) derpa derpa
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:06:45 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Magicka
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
 :-\

we could also dig out our diablo 2 copies and play that
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Magicka
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
:-\

we could also dig out our diablo 2 copies and play that

thats an assumption ;)  do you think i actually own that game?   yes your right, i do :)

Magicka is hilarious, from druids quoting Monty python whilst kicking your ass, to the Bond and Star wars parodies to mention a few :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Magicka
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:58 AM »
its €10
i cant spare €10 atm
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Magicka
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »
Lol at Excalibur, still stuck in the stone even though Im carrying it around.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Magicka
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
Metoer Shower is awesome!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Magicka
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
Metoer Shower is awesome!

indeed, however as im thick took me a while to work out how to make steam :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Magicka
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
share some cool spells :)

Steam ray  (s,f,q,f,q,f,q,f,q) check it out is awesome

Firey LIghtning (a,a,f,f,f,) useful against groups of weak opponents

Firey Zap ray  (s,a,a,f,f,) My favourite against big guys

Mines  (e,s,s,s,s)  lays a minefield good for defense just dont stand too close.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Magicka
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »
Next time Im on it, I'll post up my combos for earth walls and heal mines and such :)

Lighting wall thingy: E,A

Heal mines: E,W

Rain shield: Q,Q,Q,Q,E

Volcano wall: D,E,F

Ice blasty thing: D,R,R,R,R  Gives over 9k damage when charged :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:53:23 PM by Mangala »

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 11:04:49 PM »
Boo! No Mac version (gave up PC's a couple of years ago, they are tosh! ;-) ) Wonder if it runs under Boot Camp....

Looks good though!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:07:07 PM by Thuggy »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 12:25:44 AM »
Boo! No Mac version (gave up PC's a couple of years ago, they are tosh! ;-) ) Wonder if it runs under Boot Camp....

Looks good though!

it really is fun and quite tricky to boot which is good :)  trying different vombos of elements to make some cool speels is awesome.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »

Looks good though!

Steam works ok on macs, obviously this program doesnt.

Try the demo under BC and see what happens is all I can say.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 04:47:14 PM »
new favourite ray

Super steamy zappy ray ; s,f,q,f,q,a,a,   , makes them wet then zaps em damage is huge

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAH

M60 babeee

defend all houses in chapter 4 with none getting destroyed and get this sweet weapon :D