Author Topic: The Gran Turismo 5 Thread...  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
The Gran Turismo 5 Thread...
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »
Go on then, anyone else playing this? If so, this is a thread to post your cars in. Suppose i'll start ;)

Bugatti Veyron 1120 bhp (Fully Modified)
Maserati Gran Turismo 667 bhp (Fully Modified)
Mitsubishi Evo IX 507 bhp (Fully Modified)

Also have tonnes of others including a modified Honda Civic, a Modified Mazda MX-5, a modified Dodge RAM pickup truck, and of course the obligatory go kart :D

and if you haven't played this, and have a PS3...what the hell are you doing??!!!!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: The Gran Turismo 5 Thread...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:44:54 PM »
Id need to like buy a PS3.

Or pay a crackhead to steal one...

Really want to play this too. (Does it have a match up/play with mates over the net option?)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »
Go on then, anyone else playing this? If so, this is a thread to post your cars in. Suppose i'll start ;)

Bugatti Veyron 1120 bhp (Fully Modified)
Maserati Gran Turismo 667 bhp (Fully Modified)
Mitsubishi Evo IX 507 bhp (Fully Modified)

Also have tonnes of others including a modified Honda Civic, a Modified Mazda MX-5, a modified Dodge RAM pickup truck, and of course the obligatory go kart :D

and if you haven't played this, and have a PS3...what the hell are you doing??!!!!
I've got an '98 opel corsa 1.4 eco with half a tank of gas standing in the streets, does that count?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:34:50 AM »
*snip*

I has a PS3 id need to have had my legs sawn off before id play this, truly racing games SUCK (except Mario Kart)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »
I don't like racing games either, never ever buy em usually, but i'm really impressed with GT5. Really is an amazing game.

Ped: You can indeed play it over the net. You have the customary 'join a room/create a room' for random mo'fos, or you can simply create a private lounge for your online friends and go for it. And the best thing is, playing online awards XP and Credits to count towards your career.

Warcold: As for your Corsa, I recommend a high RPM turbo, stage 3 engine tuning, a fully customisable limited slip diff and soft racing tyres ;)

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »
Warcold: As for your Corsa, I recommend a high RPM turbo, stage 3 engine tuning, a fully customisable limited slip diff and soft racing tyres ;)

where as id recommend .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3i7-XV0jNg
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »

where as id recommend .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3i7-XV0jNg

i'd recommend this
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
oh, sorry I don't drive a proper english car... oh wait...  :-X
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »
haha good point well presented.  :D

I  can't really talk.  having 5 kids my choice of family transport is fairly limited.
Hence we have a Renault Grand Scenic  *shudder*.
Bloody 7 seaters are all like driving buses. Funny enough i wanted a Land rover Discovery. But for a decent 5 year old one they  still wanted over 15 grand  ??? . I wouldnt (and quite frankly couldnt even if i wanted to) pay that that for a new car let alone a second  hand  one.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!