Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 18459 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
Well right now there isn't a game. So there isn't much to get. But gamers have so far stuffed 18 million into this project before they even had much of anything coded. Up to you if you want to be a founder and get the benefits that go along with it or not.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:28:13 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »
there currently just is the hangar where you can see your ships. (well not even all of them!)

it has a lot of potential and personally i do think its worth getting but thats just my idea.

@Goatboy, their funding is now $20,384,363 not 18m you should check the site more often :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
Well here's to hoping they invest that two million in allowing the game to run on shitty computers with potato graphics as well.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »
i wouldnt count on it, sometimes it seems he wants the "next gen console boys" to cry because their pc boxes wont run the game. (it wont be out on consoles so no crappy ports or whatever)

but i think it was mentioned by next year you'd want at least a good graphics card and a decent amount of Ram in your pc.
former roommate.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/26/roberts-on-star-citizens-exploration-gameplay-publisher-free-d/

Community interaction and open development is allowing CIG to build a more relevant title, Roberts says. "We had all of these things like bounty hunter, mercenary, pirate, merchant, explorer. And I was shocked that 67 percent of the people [Cloud Imperium surveyed] said that they wanted to be an explorer," Roberts said. CIG wouldn't have known how many players prefer non-combat gameplay under the old design-your-game-in-a-vacuum model.

So that's kind of good news. They have to build some kind of exploration system.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 05:04:34 PM »
alternatively Elite:Dangerous offers you exploration, not as grand as SC but still pretty awesome
former roommate.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
I just want this to be one universe like EVE but be able to fly like Freelancer.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2013, 05:52:47 AM »
There are some advantages to it beeing sharded and encounters are done by matchmaking.
Goons will have a much harder time blockading any one system so grieving will be much harder to do
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »
-
former roommate.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »
As long as I can play with anyone no matter what 'server' they're on, I'm happy. Of course I'll be happier if I have some hardware that can actually run the game by that time.  ;D