Author Topic: WarThunder  (Read 5613 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
WarThunder
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: WarThunder
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
Occulus says i look like a dick. NAh you are alright matey. ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »
Ground forces closed beta announced for december 4th!

http://warthunder.com/en/news/294-War-Thunder-Tanks-Tech-Trees-en

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:41:17 AM »
Wohooo, i think i crashed into that mountain actually
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
And another DDoS, this is getting annoying  :'(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »
Ground forces closed beta starts today!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
1.37 preliminary patch notes:

Gaijin Administrators
    Pip
    53 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

POPULAR

This is not the final list of changes. The final patch note will be posted later

The long-awaited 1.37 will bring many significant changes to the game. This includes:

Progression system rework. The number of ranks will be changed to 5 and they will be based on actual periods in aviation development. In order to get access to the new aircraft a player will have to research the previous one in the branch. More details in our latest Developers’ Diaries issue.
    Addition of multiple new aircraft. Among them are the Soviet I-185 fighter and the heavily armed La-9; the German Bf 109 F-1 and F-2 fighters, and the Hs.129B-3 attacker equipped with an enormous 75mm cannon; the British Tempest Mk V ser. 2 with two Vickers P 47mm cannons; the Japanese Ki-84 series of fighters and many other enjoyable planes.
    ‘Custom battles are now hosted on our servers instead of the client’s computer. This will secure comfortable and stable connection for online tournament organizers, squadron fighters and those who just want to sharpen their skills with friends.
    Mission Editor is now a part of the Test Flight mode. Now you can try your newly acquired aircraft in a fully customizable environment: choose the battle scenario, weather, number and skill level of your enemies.
    Significant changes to the Dynamic Campaign mode.
    8 new maps for different game types.
    Flight and damage models of many aircraft brought in line with the historical data.
    New render with DX11 support. Detail level improved on all settings, up to 25% performance increase for some video cards.

New Aircraft

Germany:
- Bf.109F-1
- Bf.109F-2
- Fw.190A-8
- Fw.190D-9
- Hs.129B-3

USSR:
- Yak-9U
- Yak-9UT
- MiG-3-15(BK)
- I-185 (M-82)
- La-9
- Fw.190D-9 (premium)

USA:
- P-400
- F9F-2

Britain:
- Hawker Tempest Mk V
- Hawker Tempest Mk II

Japan:

-A7He1 (premium)
- A6M3 mod22 Ko
- A6M5 otsu
- Ki-84 hei
- Ki-84 otsu
- Ki-84 ko
- B7A2

Gameplay:

New player progress system (more details in the last issue of Developers’ Diary).
    ‘Custom battles’ are now hosted on game servers instead of players’ computers.
    ‘Custom battles’ now allow up to 32 people to participate.
    ‘Dynamic campaign’ now allows a choice of the historical period in the campaign.
    ‘Dynamic campaign’ planes are now chosen automatically . The player may use aircraft that he has not yet purchased.
    Co-operative temporarily removed from the Mission editor and Dynamic campaign mode. It will be reintroduced later with extended functionality.
    Ground targets visibility distance in Simulator battles (former Full Real battles) reduced by 1 km.

Interface:

Game Types names changed. History Battles renamed to Realistic Battles. Full-Real Battles to Simulator Battles.
    Custom Battles settings may now be changed without leaving the session.
    Research and Modification menus have been reworked.
    Mission editor moved to the Test flight window.
    Mission editor is only available for the planes with crews.
    Interface colours changed.
    Player profile menu relocated.
    Modifications, Crew, Customization and Test Flight buttons have been moved to the bottom and left. They are now located above the crew slots.
    More than 1000 text descriptions corrected

Graphics and models:

New DX11 supporting render introduced.
    All location graphics reworked.
    Visual models and cockpits corrected for several aircraft.
    I-16 type and I-16 type 28 visual fully reworked.

Damage models:

XP-55 damage model adjusted.
    Wellington (all models) - fuselage durability changed.
    D.520 and D.521damage models adjusted.
    IL-2, IL-2M, IL-10 wing frame damage models adjusted

Flight models:

Full flight models state report will be posted Soon™

Flight models settings meet the historical data entirely:

A6M3, A6M3 mod.22, A6M3 mod.22K?, A-20G-30, A-26C, A-26C-45-DT, B-25J-1, B-25J-20 B-25J-30 (USSR), Havoc Mk I (Britain), P-47d-25, P-47d-28, I-16 type 18,I-16 type 28, P-400, P-39Q-15, Typhoon Mk.Ia, I-15bis, I-15 WR, I-15 ?-22, I-15 K, I-185 (?-82), Yak-3, Yak-3P, Typhoon Mk.1b/L, B7A2

Flight models settings closely meet the historical data:

P-36A, Rasmussen’s P-36A, P-36?, P-36G

Flight models preliminary corrections:

B-17E, B-17E/L, B-17G, B-24D

New armament and modifications:

USA:

M10 mounts added for P-39 (N/Q), P-51D, P-47D, A-20G aircraft
    HVAR rockets added for F-86 (all modifications)
    B-17 bomb bay size corrected (6x1000 lbs instead of 8x1000 lbs)
    Increased the number of bomb presets for P-63A-10
    USA bombs weight is now calculated correctly

Britain:

Hawker Tempest Mk V - 250 lbs underwing mounted bombs added
    Hawker Tempest Mk II - 2x250 lbs and 2x 500 lbs underwing mounted bombs added
    Wellington (all models) - number of bomb presets increased
    Wellington (all models) - fuselage damage model fixed
    Lancaster - number of bomb presets increased
    Beaufighter mk.X - 12.7mm M2 Browning machine guns replaced with 7.7mm Browning machine guns
    Britain bombs weight is now calculated correctly

Germany:

2 x torpedoes added for He.111H-6
    BK 37 cannons added for HS.129B-2
    500 kg bombs removed from Bf 109 G series
    Number of SM. 79 planes available for purchase reduced to 4. S. 79 1937 and S. 79 1941 are no longer available.
    U4 modification of Me.410 now also has 2x20mm cannons
    BK 5 ammunition increased by 1 round (the one that is already loaded)
    Bf.109G-6 now has a 20 mm cannon as default. 30 mm cannon needs to be researched

USSR:

The new Yak-9UT now has unlockable 37 and 45mm cannons
    The new I-185 (M-82) now has underwing mounted rockets and bombs
    La-5 ‘Rear Armoured Glass’ modification has been removed
    IL-2, IL-2M and IL-10 wing frame durability adjusted
    ShKAS ammunition changed to 1500 bullets (down from 3000)
    Number of SB-2 planes available for research reduced to 4. Number of SB-2 planes available for purchase reduced to 4. SB-2M-103 MV-3, SB-2M-103U are no longer available.
    Number of Yer-2 planes available for research reduced to 4. Number of Yer-2 planes available for purchase reduced to 4. Yer-2 M-105 TAT, Yer-2 M-105R TAT are no longer available.
    I-16 type 18 and type 28 visual models improved

Japan:

All A6M planes now can mount 2x60kg bombs
    Ki-84 planes now can mount 2x50 kg and 2x250 kg bombs
    Ki-61 otsu and Ki-61 hei now can mount 2x50 kg and 2x250 kg bombs
    N1K2-J - now can mount 2x250 kg bombs
    Japan bombs weight is now calculated correctly
    Ki-96 and Ki-102 Ho-5 cannons’ ammunition increased from 200 to 400

Missions and maps:

New maps:
        [Operation] Defending Stalingrad
        [Operation] Saipan
        [Ground Strike] Foggy Albion
        [Ground Strike] Iron Range
        [Ground Strike] Desert Coast
        [Domination] Sicily

Added Bombing areas for all [Ground Strike] missions. Destroying such areas reduces victory points for the enemy team by 10%.
    [Operation] Kuban, [Operation] Ruhr, [Operation] Ardennes, [Operation] Berlin changed to increase the impact of ground attack actions, namely:
        Reduced the number of heavy ground units that influence the victory points.
        Bombing areas added.
        Completing mission objectives reduces victory points for the enemy team by 10%.
        Ground forces routes adjusted for better balance.
        Bombers and attack aircraft now start the battle closer to the enemy ground targets, giving them a chance for at least one effective strike.

Single missions:

Korean War Theatre added. It includes 3 new missions: “Storm Warning”, “Blind Hunt” and “Dangerous Reconnaissance”.
              7 new missions added to the Pacific Ocean Theatre

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »