Author Topic: kerbal space program  (Read 13035 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: kerbal space program
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
silly man, you dont need a parachute to land. just break the 1st part using the atmosphere and at the last part just go full on the throtle to counter gravity and the speed you already have.

if its circling Kerbal you can always send a rescue mission with an empty crew seat to pick poor Bob up. (you dont have to dock, but fly close, let Bob go on EVA, press "r" to active his rocketpack and fly to the rescue ship ( also by rescuing my crew i now have 5 kerbals stuck on Duna :) ))

Also next update (0.22) will bring research!!!!

You didn't loose your life for nothing Bob, Jeb an Bill you lost it, FOR SCIENCE!!!!1!1!1one
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »
oh and spaceshuttle build entirely with "stock" parts on rendevous with Kerbal International Space Station

former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 07:43:57 PM »

Spaceplane (that actually works :) )
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
Just bought this, and it is awesome.

Not managed orbit yet, however, im returning my astronauts home after each mission into space ;)

Had one almost deadly mishap when during transition between stages my solid fuel jettison action decided to blow up my entire ship except for the command pod and parachute, so he survived.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
Just bought this, and it is awesome.

Not managed orbit yet, however, im returning my astronauts home after each mission into space ;)

Had one almost deadly mishap when during transition between stages my solid fuel jettison action decided to blow up my entire ship except for the command pod and parachute, so he survived.

yea Jeb is a tough one :)
are you playing the "career mode"?
if so start is hard, but if you land be sure to EVA with your Kerbal and take a sample of ground and use the experimental thing you have (also use that before you launch also gets you SP)

Also EVA when outside of the atmosphere.

As for a tip to get into orbit (idk what parts you have but still as a general rule)

go straight up till you reach around 13.000 17.000 meters, keep your acceleration around 100 m/s till you get there there (so slow down if you can when not using solid boosters)
once you get there throttle up to full power and tilt your ship slightly and move it 45-50 degrees heading east (90 degrees)
switch to map mode, pull up your hud and control it from there, once your Apoapsis hits around 100 km turn off your engines and tilt your ship to 90 degrees. Once you start closing the Apoapsis throttle up again, once you hit around 2400 m/s you should have put yourself in orbit :D
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
I am doing career , you start off with very few parts, Sampled away, goo experiments abound and finally hit orbit.

First with an unmanned satelitte, pointless as it doesnt seem to give any science points, and finally with a Kerbonaut. Snag: ran out of fuel he is stuck in space ;) Here he is spacewalking.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 07:26:31 PM »
I really should try career mode.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
stick an antena to the capsule so you can send data back to kerbin
and if you have it use some solar panels (any) so you can keep transmitting (when you have sun or a battery)

and the patch before the current one you were able to burn off other parts effectively having a simple decoupler. doesnt work now i think (i tried and i couldnt get it to work. did get re-entry effects on liftoff :D)
former roommate.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »
I MADE IT TO STABLE ORBIT. THAT IS HUGE FOR MY DOING.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211461530

Sadly Jebediah does not have any fuel left in his Kerbal 1. May the lord have mercy on his penis.

Luckily Jebediah's selfless space venture has provided us with new technology so Bill could go out and set up a research lab in an even higher orbit than Jebediah.

Behold the Kerbal 2 (blue) and Kerbal 1 (white) hugging the earth.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211560128

Armed with a lab, batteries, goo and ashiny communications array, Bill and the Kerbal 2 are the research program's best hope to gather new science points.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211561636

Oddly enough, Bill even has some fumes left in his fuel tanks!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:36:39 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
My low science fly around the Mün
the tech tree
this is it:

The ship
Bob's ship, got 6 booster rockets and 4 stages total, 4 science pods and 1 kerbonaut

Decoupling the booster rockets

Decoupling main rocket

rendezvous with the Mün

Reentering Kerbin

deployed 'chutes

total ~200 science points
former roommate.