Author Topic: Get in the moods!  (Read 4802 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Get in the moods!
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
I saw Mang mentioning a Revan book.

I was planning on watching the saga again to get in the mood. But that's not in the swtor timeline.

Anyone got any tips? Any of the cartoons in that timeline at all? Or just books?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Get in the moods!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »
there isnt much  a few comics set before, KOTOR games are set before.

Its the reason why they chose that era as they can put into canon pretty much whatever they write for it.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 04:00:26 PM »
Alright so... from watching the timeline stuff on swtor:

Jedi got into a bitchfight among themselves. Couple of bad ones shagged the red skins. Couple of attacks to and fro. And now the galaxy is divided in half with us having to decide its fate, right?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
49 minutes of galactic timeline working backwards from the Treaty of Coruscant (which is falling apart in the game)

Star Wars The Old Republic: Galactic Timeline Records 1-12
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
play KOTOR 1! Being the only KOTOR game from bioware (2 was Obsidian), you'll find that most of he references in SWTOR are to this, and there were plenty from what I saw as a Smuggler. I'd say it's recommended just so you get the full storyline goodness, as some class stories are focused on the events from it. Plus it's still a brilliant game, if you havent already played it.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:10:35 PM »
Alright so... from watching the timeline stuff on swtor:

Jedi got into a bitchfight among themselves. Couple of bad ones shagged the red skins. Couple of attacks to and fro. And now the galaxy is divided in half with us having to decide its fate, right?

not quite

Jedi (republic) kicked Sith butt (great hyperspace war) they fled into unknown regions where they hid for 1300 years then returned to Korriban. Few interludes during that 1300 years (Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun etc) (KOTOR is about 300 years before SWTOR) Then the "return" vid takes over and the SWTOR story begins.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
I watched the entire timeline from left to right, so from long ago until not so long ago.
Only in the end I found out I was doing it wrong. I was constantly wondering why he kept saying 'I'll tell you more in my next entry' and never did.

Watching that YouTube vid now. :P

So Troopers were really always part of the Republic until Sidious came along and ordered a few batches for the Empire?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:00:48 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
I watched the entire timeline from left to right, so from long ago until not so long ago.
Only in the end I found out I was doing it wrong. I was constantly wondering why he kept saying 'I'll tell you more in my next entry' and never did.

Watching that YouTube vid now. :P

So Troopers were really always part of the Republic until Sidious came along and ordered a few batches for the Empire?

not really

Republic disarm after the next galactic war (i think), peace ensues, then Darth Bane starts his plot (read my siggy) and after many many years in fruition Sidious is forced to get ball rolling (hence through Dooku orders cloned Mandalorians) when he foretells a great evil en route from unknown space.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Confusing lore is confusing.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
dude just simplify it  a long long time ago iin a galaxy far far way before luke was born and even way before anakin, obi wan and yoda were born the good guys and bad guys were still fighting sometimes the jedis won sometimes the sith won, and confusingly the stormtroopers haven't made there minds up yet and are on both sides.

laters elv

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »
dude just simplify it  a long long time ago iin a galaxy far far way before luke was born and even way before anakin, obi wan and yoda were born the good guys and bad guys were still fighting sometimes the jedis won sometimes the sith won, and confusingly the stormtroopers haven't made there minds up yet and are on both sides.

laters elv

nuh uh Old Republic Troopers =/= Clone war era onward troopers

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
Even I knew that!

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »
shame on me i'm beating myself with a plastic light saber and feeling ashamed Kurrt can i borrow your storm trooper suit so I can go stand in a corner and think seriously about the error of my ways!

laters elv

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
And then Unicron showed up and ate every planet in the galaxy.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 10:11:40 AM »
I met this cute girl doing a job I had at the time of just running stuff back and forth as a courier for clients. We had dated for a while, but I didn't elaborate much on my job and kept it to myself since I suspect some of the work I was doing was in a legal grey area at best and I wanted some plausible deniability. Sometimes she would join me if she didn't have anything to do and we'd talk and flirt while I was driving. It was a dangerous job, not Transporter dangerous, but I still carried a handgun with me in the car for whenever I would drive into bad cities or seedy neighborhoods.

Well I get invited to dinner by a friend of mine who lives in one of these said seedy neighborhoods. He's a black guy with a mustache, real suave look about him, would fit well into a high-class type of setting if it wasn't for the fact that his neighborhood was patrolled by cops every hour. He invites me and my date along, and thinking it would be fun and a great way to relax after work I agree for dinner. It was me, my girl and another good buddy of mine (the typical hairy neckbeard kind of guy that just kinda grunts when you talk to him, I'd swear he was autistic), and my black friend. Anyway we get to his house, everything's dandy, we're talking, drinking and having fun and so we go to eat dinner. Keep in mind I still had my gun on this entire time at my hip.

This was the crash-and-burn part. We open up the door to the dining hall and Darth Vader is fucking sitting there in the chair. I pull out my gun to try and shoot him but he just blocks the lasers and Force-pulls it out of my hand. Dinner went south after that.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."